Get Forex Experience Faster Using a Trading Simulator - page 10

Fantastic presentation of past's price. It would be very helpfull for us. Thanx a lot...

Thanks to share it with us. It may be useful for me as well so I will use it as a trial.

Guys!

Need your help. I find this simulator really really helpful, but when I want to put in an order (for example with LFH_Simulator_Buy_Open) and click op OK, it doesn't appear on my chart, in other words I don't get the entry, SL and target levels on my chart.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong in this case?

Johan

thxs works great now I can test my manual stratagies. I was wondering if there is a way to add a trailing stop

Thanks for the very useful tool. I am finding it difficult to place orders on the chart - I have tried slowing the simulation down, and even pausing. But neither dragging & dropping nor double clicking the scripts seem to be doing anything.

Suggestions will be great

Cheers!

I just installed it. It's brilliant! Easy to install in MT4 and the PDF installation/user guide makes it easy to understand. Thank you so much!

quantem:
Here is a great tool to help you get experince faster, by trading on a simulated market. You can enter and exit trades like you would in a real market, so it gives you a more realistic feeling. You can speed it up, and slow it down as well. I have been able to practice trade a month in about 1 hour using this tool. The system runs in MetaTrader 4 When learning to trade, there's no substitute for experience. A trader who has spent many months trading a live market will have a feel for the market that is almost impossible to explain. They will see the pitfalls in some stuations by just recognising similar price action. If you have this experience, you will know exactly what I'm talking about, if you don't have it yet, you wont. A live market is very different from looking back through charts or backtesting. When you backtest, you can see the bars that are coming, and there is no real stress involved. It's easy to see what signals would have worked, and which ones did not. When it comes to trading for real, you can't see what's coming, and that is a very different dynamic indeed. Using this tool, you can trade a few months in only a few hours and then easily print out the results, and see how you well you did. You can also make mistakes and recognise them in a safe situation. Granted it's not as real as using live money but its 10 times more realistic than backtesting. If you treat it as a challenge, it actually creates a pretty realistic view of how well you could potentially do with any system or method. I personally think it's the second best learning aid there is. Number 1 is live trading but that can be expensive!

I am Ramani J V Iyer, from Tiruchi, Tamilnadu, India. Ihope to learn Forex, in the right way and I am sure this forum is going to help and guide me through.

The simulator was a great help to me when ever i wanted to test out a new theory I came up with, especially in the weekend.

u will learn fast by trading in demo account, but i'm not suggest u for trading account for too long time, because u will get much more experience by traidng at live acount.

verbum4it:
When I was still a new trader, I did not only trade in demo account but I traded forex also in live trading. I did not see any profit in my account in the fist of my activity, but really this experience has made me to have may experiences more than some friend who traded only in demo account. By trading in live trading we will have great experiences not only in profit but especially in losing money

Yeah, you shouldn't train youyrself in demo account too long. Sometimes you need to train yourself in live account with small capital. And just like what you've said, the experiences are different (since your trading psychology is trained here)...

And also, you may want to improve your knowledge by checking some useful forex articles in HiWayFX.com (it's free for everyone to read)...