Experiments ... - page 19

NicoleDeinhard:
Ja da hast du auch wieder recht :-)...

Yes you are right Krelian99...
Thats true... i am using also the Kaufman RSX .... just was thinking it could be an idea for Mr. mladen...

Have a great weekend...

PS. Wie war der Vatertag?

Yeah, you never know what crazy ideas mladen has :)

PS: Merci, dir auch. Bei uns (regional) heißt er Herrentag (wegen dem da oben, also Lord's Day). War schön sonnig und entspannt mit Deep House Party an der Elbe.

krelian99:

PS: Merci, dir auch. Bei uns (regional) heißt er Herrentag (wegen dem da oben, also Lord's Day). War schön sonnig und entspannt mit Deep House Party an der Elbe.

:-)

krelian99:

Can not find an appropriate smiley, but imagine that I did :)

mladen:
Can not find an appropriate smiley, but imagine that I did :)

krelian99:

Krelian

yes,here the all forms of crazy (crazy,crazier, craziest) finished but his ideas "NO" end.

Hey guys,

I asked for a unusual kind of osma in the wrong thread for sure, because in here we got open mind, willing to develop things and get a advanced fiew to indicators of a new generation. 

As you can read in every discussion about forex: (Einstein) like, get away from complexity to simplicity.

If everybody knows the biggest success is in trend trading, or at least trading in the direction of the market momentum,

why are so many retail traders (including me) always after divergences, chasing tops and bottoms?

Wouldn`t it be way more simple to look for convergences into market (momentum) direction ??

(not saying trend direction, because most of the time markets are not trending)

This is going along with getting in after pullbacks, the ABCD-strategy and what most traders are looking for. We all know that the waves after a pullback are the savest and strongest as smart money rides them and smart retail traders follow the smart money.

Is there an indicator which alerts everytime when there is a convergence? (after candle close to avoid many false signals)  I don`t know, do you ?

Here comes my idea into play: What if we got a osma (my "best" settings are the fib-ma`s  8/21/5)

which only alerts when we got hidden divergence (going into direction of momentum of the market)?

Convergence only, so to speak. And it does not show any other alerts, I think we got more than enough divergence indicators, don`t you think?

Maybe you know a better "convergence indicator", but I know about payed webinars spinning around osma only.

There is even a veteran pro trader who only uses MA 8 and some formations to make loads of money.

the 21 ma is well known as a respected MA (20 is the middle line of Bollinger Bands) from the pros too and MA 5 (fib-number also) is used by many pros as a razur sharp signal.

Please tell me what you think about convergence indication only and if there is a hot indicator like this.

Thank you. 

wolf300:

Hey guys,

I asked for a unusual kind of osma in the wrong thread for sure, because in here we got open mind, willing to develop things and get a advanced fiew to indicators of a new generation. 

As you can read in every discussion about forex: (Einstein) like, get away from complexity to simplicity.

If everybody knows the biggest success is in trend trading, or at least trading in the direction of the market momentum,

why are so many retail traders (including me) always after divergences, chasing tops and bottoms?

Wouldn`t it be way more simple to look for convergences into market (momentum) direction ??

(not saying trend direction, because most of the time markets are not trending)

This is going along with getting in after pullbacks, the ABCD-strategy and what most traders are looking for. We all know that the waves after a pullback are the savest and strongest as smart money rides them and smart retail traders follow the smart money.

Is there an indicator which alerts everytime when there is a convergence? (after candle close to avoid many false signals)  I don`t know, do you ?

Here comes my idea into play: What if we got a osma (my "best" settings are the fib-ma`s  8/21/5)

which only alerts when we got hidden divergence (going into direction of momentum of the market)?

Convergence only, so to speak. And it does not show any other alerts, I think we got more than enough divergence indicators, don`t you think?

Maybe you know a better "convergence indicator", but I know about payed webinars spinning around osma only.

There is even a veteran pro trader who only uses MA 8 and some formations to make loads of money.

the 21 ma is well known as a respected MA (20 is the middle line of Bollinger Bands) from the pros too and MA 5 (fib-number also) is used by many pros as a razur sharp signal.

Please tell me what you think about convergence indication only and if there is a hot indicator like this.

Thank you. 

What exactly would be "convergences" instead of divergences?

Aren't you describing the macd, maybe?

NicoleDeinhard:

mladen:

What exactly would be "convergences" instead of divergences?

Aren't you describing the macd, maybe?

Hi mladen,

thank you for asking !

We can`t talk about the osma without talking about macd, can we ?

MACD = Moving Average Convergence Divergence 

macd is a trendfollowing momentum indicator based on two EMA`s and one SMA as the signal line.

It oscillates around it`s sero line indicating uptrend above and downtrend below that line.

OSMA = Oscillator of Moving Average

osma is a oscillator moving averages from a macd, oscillating around the signal line of macd.

The length of osma bars representing the distance between the macd bars to it`s signal line.

osma bars above sero line showing macd bars above signal line. osma bars below sero line showing macd bars below signal line.

Very good to see in the example picture.

But back to your question about convergence:

Convergence means market and indicator align into the same direction. (moving on in trend, so to speak)

Divergence means market and indicator diverge, depart from another. Divergence means market is exhausted and a possible turn is around.

My idea was simple to have a indicator which only alerts when trend is going on. Simple isn´t it ?

We have more than enough divergence indicators for sure and they work, but we do not have a good

convergence indicator which is showing longer term and most of all very short term convergences (so called "hidden divergences") 

The pic shows what I mean when I talk about osma (rsi, stochastic, etc. can show convergences too)

Everything is based on the close of the candles, not high or low. Alert after close of first "trend-confirmation-candle"

of course, otherwise we get to many wrong alerts.

Oh by the way, in the pic you can see when the trend really is exhausted. After the second osma divergence (like mostly on osma) and the first macd divergence.  ;-) 

Hope everybody understands my idea about "when is trend (momentum in the market direction) moving on"

better.

Thank you. 

Files:

wolf300:

Hi mladen,

thank you for asking !

We can`t talk about the osma without talking about macd, can we ?

MACD = Moving Average Convergence Divergence 

macd is a trendfollowing momentum indicator based on two EMA`s and one SMA as the signal line.

It oscillates around it`s sero line indicating uptrend above and downtrend below that line.

OSMA = Oscillator of Moving Average

osma is a oscillator moving averages from a macd, oscillating around the signal line of macd.

The length of osma bars representing the distance between the macd bars to it`s signal line.

osma bars above sero line showing macd bars above signal line. osma bars below sero line showing macd bars below signal line.

Very good to see in the example picture.

But back to your question about convergence:

Convergence means market and indicator align into the same direction. (moving on in trend, so to speak)

Divergence means market and indicator diverge, depart from another. Divergence means market is exhausted and a possible turn is around.

My idea was simple to have a indicator which only alerts when trend is going on. Simple isn´t it ?

We have more than enough divergence indicators for sure and they work, but we do not have a good

convergence indicator which is showing longer term and most of all very short term convergences (so called "hidden divergences") 

The pic shows what I mean when I talk about osma (rsi, stochastic, etc. can show convergences too)

Everything is based on the close of the candles, not high or low. Alert after close of first "trend-confirmation-candle"

of course, otherwise we get to many wrong alerts.

Oh by the way, in the pic you can see when the trend really is exhausted. After the second osma divergence (like mostly on osma) and the first macd divergence.  ;-) 

Hope everybody understands my idea about "when is trend (momentum in the market direction) moving on"

better.

Thank you. 

I see there some extremes that are before the extremes used. Why are they omitted?