Experiments ... - page 85

mladen:
I think that you are on a wrong path. Did you check the calculating mode of the indicator before you attempted to compare it to Bollinger bands (any Bollinger bands)? And why would it use mt4 built in bb standard?

Standard deviation (as a kind of an "essential parts" of Bollinger bands)  is defined very well (here http://mathworld.wolfram.com/StandardDeviation.html , for example) and the rest (average types even though the built in Bollinger bands "knows" only simple moving average) are defined very well as well - why the need to use something else instead of what is used in the code then?

PS:
Not going to talk about built in simple moving average extensively now, but just for the sake of tests try to obtain the simple average of the following sequence 0,1,0,0,0,0,0 using mt4 built in simple moving average and using period 5 (five) and let us know the result for the last value. Once when you get that result different from 0, would you mind explaining why does that happen? And how does it reflect the value of the Bollinger bands (since Bollinger bands uses that same simple moving average calculating method as the basis for the bands)

Also, if you compare the function that I use for standard deviation to built in standard deviation, you shall find that (provided that you do not use sample correction, which is an unknown to mt built in standard deviation) the results are exactly the same. I am not aware of the internal calculation ways of the built in standard deviation, but quite frankly I am fond of Donald Knuth's single pass way of doing it and, frankly, I have no intention of using some other way
Use the indicator as is, and if it works for you, OK. If it does not, then fell free to make different one, but the version I posted needs no change to conform to anything

Thank you for your reply.

This indicator is the most wonderful. I did not deny the definition and program of this indicator. I just wanted to devise a way to ensure consistency with the other indicators I was using.

Specifically, it is to draw BB (standard of 15 minutes) on the 15 minute chart and judge whether BB is cut off with 4 hour time (multi time) as a standard. It is aimed at matching with other indicators to reduce noise and assist. I do not even look for it.

Thank you very much.

chi8080:

Thank you for your reply.

This indicator is the most wonderful. I did not deny the definition and program of this indicator. I just wanted to devise a way to ensure consistency with the other indicators I was using.

Specifically, it is to draw BB (standard of 15 minutes) on the 15 minute chart and judge whether BB is cut off with 4 hour time (multi time) as a standard. It is aimed at matching with other indicators to reduce noise and assist. I do not even look for it.

Thank you very much.

BB stops version 1.2 (default parameters) compared to Bollinger bands (deviations set to 1)

All is exactly as it should be calculated by BB stops. All the best

mladen:
Yes, it will be made

hi Mladen,

can you please add this in experiment version?

Regards,

Goran  

mladen:
Here is a version of bb stops with tema added

Hi Mladen, could you add "the dots" to the display line too? Great indicator !!

Mladen Rakic:

beppi

Here you go : rsi_experiment_extended_averages_-_fl_1_1.ex4

hi malden,

can trouble you to add in push notification for this? it has been a very useful indicator, thanks for your creation.

Mladen Rakic:

A bit of a story first :

there is a family of ema of ema of ema indicators. Like dema (ema of ema), tema (ema of ema of ema) ... and so on - simplified explanation, but close to what is done. Then, decema (as a special case of that ema of ema of ema ... was made. Then I made nema that was able to do that all depending on calculating depth. Now, this is an experiment ...

This version allows to use average different than ema. In this version you can use the 4 basic average types. I kept the name, but if the average different than ema is used, it is becoming something unknown till now

As a rule of thumb :

• depth 1 : ema, sma, smma or lwma (depending on the average type)
  • depth 2 : dema, sma of sma, smma of smma, lwma of lwma (or whatever name we use)
  • and so on

Results are interesting for lwma and smma. Sma is tending to over

It is possible to combine nema general.mq4 whit ModifiedOptimumEllipticFilter.mq4

stan dacian:
It is possible to combine nema general.mq4 whit ModifiedOptimumEllipticFilter.mq4

Different types of animals :)

Not possible

Mladen Rakic:

Found an interesting idea for super trend (in this file : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page766 ) and decided to add it as an option to super trend (since the idea seems to be good).

The idea is to calculate middle price not using just one bar high and low but for a certain period of bars. It does not cause repainting, but changes the results enough to be considered as a good idea. If that period is set to 1 or less, then the calculation is exactly the same as the "old" super trend. Some experimenting with parameters is, as usually, advised

Some more changes to the "experiment" made (check the "gray lines")

Thx, Mladen.

For me, for some reason the mt4 indicator doesnt appear on chart?

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

so many and many thanks for launching the first IFT CCI.as it was expected (from my side),it giving good results,and bravely competing with "IFT STOCH SHADOW 1_6",though still at its first birth stage.and i am sure it will be winner when it will have all latest prices and a choice for filters.

i don't know about coding physicality and compatibility,just i wish,if possible "cci nma alert mtf 1.2" might be used for IFT CCI as it have all popular accessories (new prices+filter+nma) already ..... but all in all you knows better and decide best way.

regards

Dearest Mtiwana
I am asking if it will be ok for your parameteŕ settings on the picture of ift cci