Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 143

That is the reason why they made new metatrader 4 : metatrader 5 is a no sale!

MiniMe:
I spent more than a year writing over 8000 lines of code just to have Metatrader screw with their MT4 causing the code to stop working . I tested each function and each line 10s of times before using it , now I can't do anything because I know the problem is from MT4 , i'll wait till they fix their problem.

I have switched to Multicharts and I am in the (painful) processes of moving everything to .Net. It is not going as smoothly as would like as there is a learning curve. Minime, I would have a look at Multicharts.net and LMax in London for FX. You can have multiple connections to multiple brokers which is very useful.

You can code in C# or VB directly but there are also ways to use python via ironpython or even Mathlab for certain things. I think once you get your head around the initial complexity, you won't look back.

Alex

hughesfleming:
I have switched to Multicharts and I am in the (painful) processes of moving everything to .Net. It is not going as smoothly as would like as there is a learning curve. Minime, I would have a look at Multicharts.net and LMax in London for FX. You can have multiple connections to multiple brokers which is very useful.

You can code in C# or VB directly but there are also ways to use python via ironpython or even Mathlab for certain things. I think once you get your head around the initial complexity, you won't look back.

Alex

At least you have an editor now rather than a notepad with a build-in compiler.

Ovo:
At least you have an editor now rather than a notepad with a build-in compiler.

Not really Ovo...the Multicharts editor for .net is just that. It is not completely problem free. In fact I have to go in and delete something from the windows registry almost everyday just to start it. The best thing really is proper tech support. I am not really bothered too much by the editor problem. There is always Visual Studio.

regards,

Alex

hughesfleming:
Not really Ovo...the Multicharts editor for .net is just that. It is not completely problem free. In fact I have to go in and delete something from the windows registry almost everyday just to start it. The best thing really is proper tech support. I am not really bothered too much by the editor problem. There is always Visual Studio.

regards,

Alex

Compared to the moronic autocomplete of this metaeditor anything is better

checkin:
Compared to the moronic autocomplete of this metaeditor anything is better

:):)

That is the only autocpmplete in the world that make difference between small and capital leters - fantastic invention - you have to know everything before it helps you

mladen:
:):):) That is the only autocpmplete in the world that make difference between small and capital leters - fantastic invention - you have to know everything before it helps you

Actually this case-sensitive autocomplete makes me only few trouble... I have much more troubles with their ill implementation of class methods autocomplete. Though a good news is that it is not case-sensitive, it is far behind my expectations:

- It works only on the first level, i.e. object.g opens autocompletion popup with all methods starting with g, while parentObject.getOtherObject().g has absolutely no autocompletion. This multi-level object retrieval appears very often in my code.

- It does not respect method scope, i.e. it shows every method in the popup, private, protected or public, not respecting if you are coding within the scope or outside of it.

- It is quite confused with static methods, they appear within different popup than they should.

- A single typo within the code means no autocomplete.

The result is, that I have open the Doxygen documentation all time, to list and copy/paste methods into the Metaeditor.

Not quite a way how I expect the OOP editor should be used.

bingofx:
Does MT5 and MT4 run different platform, or MT5 is just upgraded version of MT4?

They claim that those are different things

Now they are supposedly making them same

bingofx:
Does MT5 and MT4 run different platform, or MT5 is just upgraded version of MT4?

Completely different way of orders handling - nothing in common

mladen:
Completely different way of orders handling - nothing in common

If Metaquotes install the MT5 order handling into MT4 that will be the final nail in the MetaQuotes coffin, even MetaQuotes wouldn't be that stupid would they?