Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 183

mladen:
I don't know why are they reverting to betas over and over. All I know that this time I still did not update it. Waiting a couple of more days in which they will release 34 new builds and then I shall see

If I could I would wait for build 999 before using it, but my broker updated me to 670

techmac:
If I could I would wait for build 999 before using it, but my broker updated me to 670

Looks like you are going to have to wait that build

Just some bugs added - nothing else

In new version 695, have prohibited backtesting offline, without connection to the server.

Alabarce:
In new version 695, have prohibited backtesting offline, without connection to the server.

Why the hell would they do that? To prevent us testing tick data and offline charts? fantastic

Ovo:
I cannot compile a single source file with the Metaeditor 977. I had to replace it with the 946. I have no clue so far what the reason is.

Facepalm.

Edit: it seems that it fails on every static class member.

Since there is no letter before alpha - how should we call that "beta" now? "0"?

Again they are doing the same thing : what worked is ruined and, the same way as they did with metatrader 5, coders will, in the end, be forced to rewrite the things, .... again, and again, and again .... We saw all this s...t with metatrader 5 and now we all are going to see it with metatrader 4

I cannot compile a single source file with the Metaeditor 977. I had to replace it with the 946. I have no clue so far what the reason is.

Facepalm.

Edit: it seems that it fails on every static class member.

Edit2:

So I found the feature". They changed something with input statements. Simply, they cannot be anywhere within the source any longer, they must be in the beginning of the code. Though it is a cosmetic change, it generates many error messages, that lead you to completely different (included) files, marking correct lines with nonsense error messages. Take care.

mladen:
Since there is no letter before alpha - how should we call that "beta" now? "0"? Again they are doing the same thing : what worked is ruined and, the same way as they did with metatrader 5, coders will, in the end, be forced to rewrite the things, .... again, and again, and again .... We saw all this s...t with metatrader 5 and now we all are going to see it with metatrader 4

I think they need to sort out error messages, because this:

actually means "Move your input statement up a bit".

Sigh.

Files:
compiler.png  12 kb

Ovo:
I think they need to sort out error messages, because this:

actually means "Move your input statement up a bit".

Sigh.

This time I decided to wait (posted it a few posts ago why)

It simply reminds me too much of what they were and are still doing to metatader 5 and how many times I had to do the same job again. In any case, launching that just shows that they did not test that beta at all

Looks like this beta is largely ignored by people - even on Russian part of the forum

checkin:
Looks like this beta is largely ignored by people - even on Russian part of the forum

No wonder - people got sick of being fooled over and over