Free EA creation - page 5

Forgot that the script should close all open trades of opposite direction when line is crossoved over to.

Should be a true or false option.

//OneandOnly666

OneandOnly666:
Hi!

I wonder if there is a possibility to make a script, or a code to implement into EAs, that allowes an EA to only make long or short trades depending on the crossover of bollinger bands on a different timeperiod then the EA?

The EA should only make long trades if the price cross over the upper line and not change to short trades until the price cross over the lower line, and vice verse.

BB should be on H4 but the EA can be on different timeperiods.

One should be able to change the BB settings and timeperiod of the BB script/code.

//OneandOnly666

Yeah, I could easily "set that up" with (now named "StrategyQuant") by checking BB as indy and using 1minute data (not selecting bars-open-only testing and EA generation) so that whatever period is selected for indies is not governing resolution of 1min crossing of BB's. Only problem is, 1min resolution for the hunt is very slow, espefially if you want significant period of build/test like 1-6yrs, particularly since my SQ is only running on a CNS VM, thusly I only run bar-open-only test and EA generation, its fast enough this way for reasonable periodicity+years testing.

Why may I ask do you wish for this? You eyeing charts as to prospect of excellent trading performance? If you had a 4 core fast computer for me to rdp to then I could do it for you, but its usually an unreasonable need when there is usually filters that are good for BB to perform ok on bar-open-only.

Hi Batchboy!

Thanks for the fast reply.

The reason is that theoreticly the EA can make bad decisions for 3 hour and 59 minutes if the curency moves rappedly in one direction just when it touches the bb line.

One the other hand it can change direction just by touching the line and then have the same problem until it cross over the other line in the 1min chart you where talking about. Guess you cant have both problems solved.

What kind of filters are you talking about?

Can you make a script or code to implement in an EA with bar open only? With all my settings needed,

using bar open only decision.

And make one with the the filters you where talking about? Just for comparison of the two.

Feel like the StrategyQuant version is to complex and as you say its not fast.

//OneandOnly666

OneandOnly666:
Hi Batchboy!

The reason is that theoreticly the EA can make bad decisions for 3 hour and 59 minutes if the curency moves rappedly in one direction just when it touches the bb line.

One the other hand it can change direction just by touching the line and then have the same problem until it cross over the other line in the 1min chart you where talking about. Guess you cant have both problems solved.

Can you make a script or code to implement in an EA with bar open only? With all my settings needed,

And make one with the the filters you where talking about? Just for comparison of the two.

//OneandOnly666

Using StrategyQuant I can make a 4hr bar-open-only EA for you with all the parameters available to optimize as you like, but need you to tell me if just couple years backdata (I could check to see if speed of search will be ok for 3-4yrs instead) upon which I build and test if this is ok tor you. You would have to probably optimize on occasion going forward. But also you need tell me the one or two more indies that you like for filter. Filters, forgive me if my explanation of them ain't the best, but they are additional indy conditions that need be met for a trade to take place.

OneandOnly666:
Hi Batchboy!

//OneandOnly666

Using StrategyQuant I can make a 4hr bar-open-only EA for you with all the parameters available to optimize as you like, but need you to tell me if just couple years backdata (I could check to see if speed of search will be ok for 3-4yrs instead) upon which I build and test if this is ok tor you. You would have to probably optimize on occasion going forward. But also you need tell me the one or two more indies that you like for filter. Filters, forgive me if my explanation of them ain't the best, but they are additional indy conditions that need be met for a trade to take place.

Batchboy:

The problem is that I dont have a 4 core computer and I think it would be better and easier if I only use the simple way.

Can you make the script without the filters first and I will come back to you with the filters later? Right now I dont know any filters that would make the settings better right now.

Forgot to say that you can make the script without the ability to change the settings, I can probably go in to the code and change them if I like later.

OneandOnly666:
The problem is that I dont have a 4 core computer and I think it would be better and easier if I only use the simple way.

Can you make the script without the filters first and I will come back to you with the filters later? Right now I dont know any filters that would make the settings better right now.

Forgot to say that you can make the script without the ability to change the settings, I can probably go in to the code and change them if I like later.

The 4 core computer comment was for 1min resolution, I offered what I CAN do, bar-open-only 2-4yrs 4hr backdata generated/tested. You can remove easily from the mql the extra filter to the formula if you want to see the difference. Just need know what other standard mt4 indy or two you think might be ok filter, SQ will search how to use them to act as a filter. Believe me, with filters performance is improved. BTW I personally don't do mql, SQ pops out the mq4 EA resulting from strategy search it does.

Batchboy:
The 4 core computer comment was for 1min resolution, I offered what I CAN do, bar-open-only 2-4yrs 4hr backdata generated/tested. You can remove easily from the mql the extra filter to the formula if you want to see the difference. Just need know what other standard mt4 indy or two you think might be ok filter, SQ will search how to use them to act as a filter. Believe me, with filters performance is improved. BTW I personally don't do mql, SQ pops out the mq4 EA resulting from strategy search it does.

Ok!

How does SQ work? Never heard of it. Can it be implemented in a mql code or does it have to be stand alone?

The only filter I can think of is a nother bb but in the 1H period. When it is in long mode and the price goes down below the bottom line in 1H it should stop making orders until it goes over the bottom line again. This to stop the EA from making to many negativ orders. Should be the upper 1H line in short mode. True and False would be great to have and the ability to change time period too. The interest is in backtesting for EURUSD, I trade nothing else.

Is this posible?

OneandOnly666:
Ok!

How does SQ work? Never heard of it. Can it be implemented in a mql code or does it have to be stand alone?

The only filter I can think of is a nother bb but in the 1H period. When it is in long mode and the price goes down below the bottom line in 1H it should stop making orders until it goes over the bottom line again. This to stop the EA from making to many negativ orders. Should be the upper 1H line in short mode. True and False would be great to have and the ability to change time period too. The interest is in backtesting for EURUSD, I trade nothing else.

Is this posible?

Maybe you missunderstod me before, but I allready have an EA that works.

The only thing I would like is an universal code that I can implement in that EA so it does only do buy or sell orders according to the settings I gave you earlier.

If this isnt possible, you can make an EA with the settings I gave you before and add the macd sample EA into it.

Cant give you the EA I got because Im not allowed to do that. But If you make an EA out of the parameters I gave you now, I can take out the code from it and implement it my self into mine later.

OneandOnly666:
Ok!

Is this posible?

What is StrategyQuant? Here: strategyquant.com

I've spent a long time doing what you're doing, thinking and looking at indies on chart and suppositioning. In the long run it never quite got there but it got close mediocre performance. Since SQ has advanced to a cadillac stage it now seems it can assymptotically approach "creating" the near-holy-grails. I unfortunately am made to sound like a advertisement, which is not meant, simply struggled a long time like you. For soujding advertisement like, as homosapien, sure do wish I could post my affiliate link here, lol. .

I digress, you can't tell it what to do exactly, this would bypass what it does best, finding optimum strategies using indies and options you'd like.

BTW, what's with this ominous handle_name? Hope its referring to more social levity expression "the devil is in the details"??

Didn't quite get what other std indies you'd like in the strategy other than BB. If you are entirely uncertain just randomly pick a couple, as SQ "enjoys" the game, its really quite the kicker.

Best,

Jerry