Metatrader known bugs ... - page 21

Ovo:
If anyone uses offline files and templates, he should aware of a glitch that is not quite obvious.

Some probably know about presence of the "Offline" checkbox in the Chart Settings (aka the most mysterious checkbox in the MT4 terminal). Now, the chart templates store information about this offline/online flag. And they do apply it.

When you create the Default.tpl (used by all charts) from your regular chart, and then try to open any offline chart using the File menu, you will get a chart without the "offline" word in the window name. It behaves unpredictable, sometimes it shows the chart, sometimes it generates an error, sometimes it shows the chart and clears after a while suddenly, with error "unknown chart in history synchronization".

The other way (storing Default.tpl from an offline chart) results in opening the regular charts in offline mode (usually it applies after the next terminal start).

Similar defect have any other templates - Debug.tpl saved from offline chart may cause that you will never get to OnTick during debugging.

This new metatrader 4 has big problems wit templates in general, but I haven't noticed this what you described so far. Now that I tested what you described, it becomes obvious why is it leaving the offline chart in permanent "waiting for data" state

The more we are using this metatrader it becomes the less suitable for trading. As if they are not interested in making a trading platform but something ... whatever

mladen:
This new metatrader 4 has big problems wit templates in general, but I haven't noticed this what you described so far. Now that I tested what you described, it becomes obvious why is it leaving the offline chart in permanent "waiting for data" state The more we are using this metatrader it becomes the less suitable for trading. As if they are not interested in making a trading platform but something ... whatever

Yes, fortunately the temporary remedy is quite simple - delete all default templates, and store offline templates separately.

I reported it as a defect, now there is 50:50 chance whether they reply "you cannot use offline charts with templates" or "thank you, fixed".

:):)

Back test result :

2014.03.31 01:04:37.676 2013.01.02 10:45 Testing pass stopped due to a critical error in the EA

2014.03.31 01:04:37.676 2013.01.02 10:45 Unhandled exception 0xC0000092

Ovo:
I reported it as a defect, now there is 50:50 chance whether they reply "you cannot use offline charts with templates" or "thank you, fixed".

You are to be complimented. I'll bet you are finding and reporting more bugs than MQs quality control section.

I believe most of us, myself included, are so disgusted with MQ that we do not even bother with bug reporting.

Any trade Management EAs using button code or BMP files does not work on the strategy test in visual mode, all the buttons or BMP's show up in the objects list but do not display.The buttons appear as in the 2 upper screenshots, the lower screenshot shows the EA loaded onto a live chart.

Files:

cja:
Any trade Management EAs using button code or BMP files does not work on the strategy test in visual mode, all the buttons or BMP's show up in the objects list but do not display.The buttons appear as in the 2 upper screenshots, the lower screenshot shows the EA loaded onto a live chart.

Lol, I accept it as a good news from you, as buttons did not show up anywhere a few builds earlier. Now it is in the live charts, a few months later it is going to be the strategy tester... we are on a track, and the build 666 (or 777) will sort out most.

Tzuman:
You are to be complimented. I'll bet you are finding and reporting more bugs than MQs quality control section. I believe most of us, myself included, are so disgusted with MQ that we do not even bother with bug reporting.

I am not so kind to them. I only report bugs that have direct impact on my work, so either they solve it or I have to find workaround.

Ovo:
I am not so kind to them. I only report bugs that have direct impact on my work, so either they solve it or I have to find workaround.

That is probably the only way to deal with them.

I see that some people had problems with with terminal when re-compiling

Today I was working on an indicator and when I changed something in the code and compiled it, it simply was removed from the chart. No dlls. No array problems (done under strict). No dirty tricks. Not even using built in functions (except the ones that assign buffers). But it simply terminated the inidcator and removed it from the chart. If it was not sad it would be funny

mladen:
I see that some people had problems with with terminal when re-compiling Today I was working on an indicator and when I changed something in the code and compiled it, it simply was removed from the chart. No dlls. No array problems (done under strict). No dirty tricks. Not even using built in functions (except the ones that assign buffers). But it simply terminated the inidcator and removed it from the chart. If it was not sad it would be funny

When coding graphic displays such as Dolly the other thing MT4 does is decide at some point not to update the on chart indicator objects after several compiles at that point removing the indicator does not remove the graphic display and the objects have to be manually removed or the indicator reloaded then removed without compiling to clear the chart or as you have found it is not updating on compiling because the indicator has terminated itself from the chart.