Metatrader known bugs ... - page 18

nevar:
Even though I am looking for new , safe and advanced forex trading platform I am still messing around with mt4.

I have never had this problem with previous builts unlike the current one: When I want to save the indicator to C/Program files/mt4/experts/indicators the indicator doesnt appear in the indicator folder in the platform.Then I tried to drag the indicators from desktop to C/Program files/mt4/experts/indicators but this time the indicator doesnt open below the chart Begin Trend - MQL4 Code Base

Can anyone help?

Go to file->open data folder, and you should see where the instance of metatrader you are currently using expects the data and code to be stored. Code must be stored in some of the appropriate MQL4 sub-folders (depending on the type, of curse) of that data folder

That is the part of "make it as complicate as it can be, that way someone will think that we (the creators of metatrader) are smart." Oh wll, one day everything is going to be just perfect ... with betatrader

There is always a solution to use the "/portable" switch

I work like that all the time (that way that silly data folders are avoided, and the data is stored at all the usuall places that we all are used to)

mladen:
There is always a solution to use the "/portable" switch I work like that all the time (that way that silly data folders are avoided, and the data is stored at all the usuall places that we all are used to)

I agree, but why don't they give an option to an everyday user to choose? Not everybody is an IT pro and was majority simply does not know how to do that

checkin:
I agree, but why don't they give an option to an everyday user to choose? Not everybody is an IT pro and was majority simply does not know how to do that

I agree with that, but what good can give us my opinion if they decided to do otherwise.

We are facing some serious choices, and if metatrader does not solve some fundamental issues they have with new metatrader the odds of metatrader longevity are lesser and lesser each and every day they fail to do so

Their future is obvious : see the code base - no new posts at all. The new normal from metaquotes will be that users have to pay for everything (except for a crappy trading platform), and that will cut their users to levels they never expected

I wonder if any one could explain me this logic:

If I use the MQL command to bring the chart to the top and focus it, it is a single command, and works well.... right after the next tick arrives. Sometimes in half a second, sometimes in 15 seconds. Why to hurry. Mañana.

Ovo:
I wonder if any one could explain me this logic: If I use the MQL command to bring the chart to the top and focus it, it is a single command, and works well.... right after the next tick arrives. Sometimes in half a second, sometimes in 15 seconds. Why to hurry. Mañana.

They want you to be able to drink coffee in peace :):)

The thing is that bugs are just appearing and appearing

But the worse thing is that they are doing what they do constantly with metatrader 5 : they are changing the coding language rules and syntax and very frequently that renders all previous code useless. Soafter a week or two, coders are forced to recode the stuff again

That is not a way how development can be done (a big % of the code posted on metatrader mql5 code base is suffering from things like that : they do not work any more because they changed mql5, and see how few code files are posted there already - simply because of that) and it is hitting the code base hard. After some time, we are simply going to have a situation where nothing will be sure if it works or not

mladen:
The thing is that bugs are just appearing and appearing

But the worse thing is that they are doing what they do constantly with metatrader 5 : they are changing the coding language rules and syntax and very frequently that renders all previous code useless. Soafter a week or two, coders are forced to recode the stuff again

That is not a way how development can be done (a big % of the code posted on metatrader mql5 code base is suffering from things like that : they do not work any more because they changed mql5, and see how few code files are posted there already - simply because of that) and it is hitting the code base hard. After some time, we are simply going to have a situation where nothing will be sure if it works or not

That is exactly how I feel.

I started with coding basic OOP stuff just when the 529 appeared. I have done a lot of coding since. Every time they change the language specification, it means wasted work for me.

The last change by which I was affected most, was the empty structure padding. I. e. empty structure adds 1 byte of garbage since the editor 910. All my structures inherit from the empty structure, as it was design I accepted in the beginning. Now when MQ appended 1 byte to this empty structure, it probably means redesigning design pattern from scratch, i. e. wasted work for several days and uncongenial workaround.

I am not yet able to accept it and I have been using the 904 editor to postpone the solution. But I will need to face it, sooner or later.