Metatrader known bugs ... - page 16

Tzuman:
#property strict is a virus! If it is on any indicator active in a chart, it is applied to the Chart Window and then all indicators, EAs and iCustom calls will be processed using the "strict" rules. Nice implementation, MQ, too bad you blew it.

That can explain why sometimes completely unexplained things happen. Thanks metaquotes

Lol, now I have the debugger locked in interesting glitch.

It opens a new debugging chart as usually, but the chart gets open in offline mode, i.e. no ticks, no candle change. I cannot get rid of it, I tried to restart everything, change settings to other timeframe/symbol, but still opens offline.

So I am back at tracing code into a log file.

Ovo:
Lol, now I have the debugger locked in interesting glitch.

It opens a new debugging chart as usually, but the chart gets open in offline mode, i.e. no ticks, no candle change. I cannot get rid of it, I tried to restart everything, change settings to other timeframe/symbol, but still opens offline.

So I am back at tracing code into a log file.

Frequently, when I try to back-test on a 1 minute time frame, it simply freezes. The only exit is not to terminate metatrader as an application but terninal as a process (otherwise I can wait for ages and it will be stuck)

Too much heavy bugs

What I hate is the following : I download an indicator (let say mq5). The metaeditor opens it. I go save as. And it saves it as mq4 (even though it already has that it is a mq5). Or the other way around.

Or when it cuts everything after the "." when you have nnnn n.0000001. mq4 and it saves it as nnnnn n.mq4

I am having big problems with back testing

If I use each tick mode, it is terribly slow

on my own:
I am having big problems with back testing If I use each tick mode, it is terribly slow

Looks like they limited the tick generating to 1 per second (found this in the help file : "The minimum interval of 1000 milliseconds is used in the strategy tester" in the EventSetMillisecondTimer() help topic, but I am not quite sure what does that mean

I found a big bug in my Metatrader platform

Files:
bug.gif  560 kb

There is probably my design failure somewhere in the code, but the compiler left me alone with the bug.

Sigh, going to isolate problem within 20 files, with no clue in the compiler output.

Edit:

So actually there were empty parentheses where integer was expected. Such a simple syntax failure should be recognized by a compiler. I reported my wish to have implemented it to their desk.

Files:
clipboard58.png  26 kb

on my own:
I am having big problems with back testing If I use each tick mode, it is terribly slow

It happens to me too. Discovered it in 600 and found it loads and unloads and reloads iCustom calls repeatedly for each tick. I reverted back to 509 for back testing and I am not using any 600+ constructs that 509 does not support.

MS

I found some more Bugs. Load the ex4 into Experts and run it and you will see what I mean, make sure you have the chart zoomed fully back so that the candles are as small as possible.

buggy_ea.ex4

Files:
buggy_ea.ex4  78 kb