Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 20

secretcode:
Thanks Mladen for reply

Is it possible to put this indicator on Moving Average on Chart window i.e 1 SMA !

Sorry if it illogical request related coding

It would be great if it works as shown in picture!

Sincerely

secretcode

We can allign the zero value of that indicator to some kind of ma. The problem start when we try to adjust oscillator values : since we do not know what will minimum and maximum be we can not adjust the value of the oscillator itself (we are lacking data for that).

If we try some kind of normalization (like minmax (stochastic)) then it will be yet another indicator that would not show what the oscillator shows.

mladen:
secretcode

We can allign the zero value of that indicator to some kind of ma. The problem start when we try to adjust oscillator values : since we do not know what will minimum and maximum be we can not adjust the value of the oscillator itself (we are lacking data for that).

If we try some kind of normalization (like minmax (stochastic)) then it will be yet another indicator that would not show what the oscillator shows.

Thank You Mladen for all your time efforts and explanation

Really appreciated

What i understand is that we don't know minimum and maximum oscillator's values for on Chart version so can we use 'TMA band's upper and lower bands value for that purpose ?

( In picture use 'TMA bands' and TMA oscillator to identify approximate extreme !!! )

What i am thinking is Oscillator should stay within inside the bands, is it possible ?

Again for my ignorance

secretcode

Files:

secretcode:
Thank You Mladen for all your time efforts and explanation

Really appreciated

What i understand is that we don't know minimum and maximum oscillator's values for on Chart version so can we use 'TMA band's upper and lower bands value for that purpose ?

( In picture use 'TMA bands' and TMA oscillator to identify approximate extreme !!! )

What i am thinking is Oscillator should stay within inside the bands, is it possible ?

Again for my ignorance

secretcode

secretcode

It can not be done like you did it. As a simple experiment : simply shift your chart back and you will see how the oscillator is changing its position on chart. Also, you can not combine TMA centered bands with the oscillator since bands are havin values of about 1.33 there and oscillator is oscillating between -56 and +45 on that example

mladen:
secretcode It can not be done like you did it. As a simple experiment : simply shift your chart back and you will see how the oscillator is changing its position on chart. Also, you can not combine TMA centered bands with the oscillator since bands are havin values of about 1.33 there and oscillator is oscillating between -56 and +45 on that example

Mladen

Thank you very very much for help, taking time and explanation

It's very helpful for me to understand more about TMAs

Best Regards

secretcode

Mladen

Would you please look at the picture

Is the Green line in picture is difference between 2 Half length ?

Can it be plotted (only green line) on Chart window with multiplier ( )

Thank You and Happy weekend

secretcode:
Mladen

Would you please look at the picture

Is the Green line in picture is difference between 2 Half length ?

Can it be plotted (only green line) on Chart window with multiplier ( )

Thank You and Happy weekend

secretcode

It is the slope of the oscillator

And it is also an unbound value so like all unbound values, porting them to the main chart is not possible without significant deformation (it would need to be normalized first and each and every normalization "deforms" the original value)

mladen:
secretcode

It is the slope of the oscillator

And it is also an unbound value so like all unbound values, porting them to the main chart is not possible without significant deformation (it would need to be normalized first and each and every normalization "deforms" the original value)

Thanks a lot Mladen for valuable information/explanation and all your time and efforts

Best Regards,

secretcode

Dear Mladen

Still exploring TMAs ... would you please add 'Signal SMA' over 'Green Line' in attached indicator ?

Please see the picture in this post where mentioned 'Green Line' : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241/page14

Thanks in advance

secretcode:
Dear Mladen

Still exploring TMAs ... would you please add 'Signal SMA' over 'Green Line' in attached indicator ?

Please see the picture in this post where mentioned 'Green Line' : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241/page14

Thanks in advance

secretcode

You do know that the signal line would recalculate in that case too (since the basic value used for the signal line is recalculating) and that we can not use it as signal in that case?

mladen:
secretcode You do know that the signal line would recalculate in that case too (since the basic value used for the signal line is recalculating) and that we can not use it as signal in that case?

Yes Sir, i know it recalculates, even i am using SMA as signal over Green Line through "First Indicator's Data" !

Overall i am using it for estimation so it would be great if you can add Signal SMA over Green Line

Thank You

secretcode