Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 13

gcgman:
This looks very intriguing. Does it repaint like most other indicators in this thread?

Kindest regards,

gcgman

Hello Gcgman,

Explanation in this thread

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181353

mrtools:
Hello Gcgman,

Explanation in this thread

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181353

Hi mrtools,

That is very enlightening. Thank you for sharing.

Kind regards,

gcgman

mrtoolsyou have a typo in your ID, haven't you? Shouldn't be a drtools?

Cheers Hermes

mladen:
Been thinking what to do about you

Try this version. It works differently (see the comparison - lower is this one) but as far as I tested it, it will work on any symbol. It does the job differently, so you do not need to adapt levels when you change time frames (levels are calculated differently - a kind of a dynamic levels)

regards

i bet u can easily put an alert on it big brother

Is is possible to apply this TMA indicator to another indicator, like RSI?

The idea is to have TMA with other custom indicators.

Regards,

Gustavo

If you mean to make it to have a choice like built in MA does have (apply to previous indicator data or apply to first indicator data), it can not be done in metatrader 4 (only in metatrader 5 it can be done now). It has to be hardcoded in order to use something else than the price itself in calculation

gcardo:

Regards,

Gustavo

RSI & centered TMA

Gustavo

Here is one version that is very easy to adapt to calculate centered TMA of any other indicator. Line 63 of the code goes like this :

for (i=limit; i>=0; i--) buffer1 = iRSI(NULL,0,RsiLength,RsiPrice,i);

Just replace the call to iRSI() with any other indicator (it can be iCustom() too) and it will calculate centered TMA of that indicator. This example calculates centered TMA of an RSI

gcardo:

Regards,

Gustavo

mrtools - the indicator in your post 112 dated 11.30.2102 is there any particular reason why the half length is set at 46. Most of the TMA stuff uses 56 which I understand replicates the LWMA. I also notice in your more recent post of a similar SMA version the half length is set at 25.

handy148:
mrtools - the indicator in your post 112 dated 11.30.2102 is there any particular reason why the half length is set at 46. Most of the TMA stuff uses 56 which I understand replicates the LWMA. I also notice in your more recent post of a similar SMA version the half length is set at 25.

Handy148 there is no particular half length setting for TMA Centered and SMA Centered, at the time if I remember right the most dominant cycle for EurUsd was 92 so I set the TMA Centered to half the dominant length, if you look on post #3 of this thread the TMA Centered the half length is 12.So would say its up to the individual, that would be the reason its an external parameter.

When you refer to dominant cycle being 92 on EU are you referring to the ATR ??