4TF Bars: Indicators and Ideas - page 25

if you want the arrows, i knocked this up, for current tf...

lol - i started reading the thread from beginning and the first post is asking for a 4tfchiko bar…

anyway, have a good weekend

drunkpips:
please add arrow to this one please, atleast i now understand how to use this tool well. will share my template when i finish testing

pls ehlp, any one

4 time frame super trend volty like indicator.

One difference in how it works is in the way how it treats alerts : alerts are triggered separately from a target time frame super trend indicator and it works as any other alerting indicator. So you can get a real alerts from up to 4 time frame super trend indicators

PS: "SuperTrend volty like 2" indicator must be copied into the indicators folder in order to allow normal work to this 4 time frame indicator

even if i plead that arrows be added to the above indicator,i may not be obliged, its not fair. the others i requested arrows to be added to was equally ignored, I AM ONLY ABLE TO TRADE WITH INDICATORS THAT HAVE ARROWS OR LINES DUE TO MY POOR VISION

drunkpips:
even if i plead that arrows be added to the above indicator,i may not be obliged, its not fair. the others i requested arrows to be added to was equally ignored, I AM ONLY ABLE TO TRADE WITH INDICATORS THAT HAVE ARROWS OR LINES DUE TO MY POOR VISION

I have told in multiple occasions (including some answers to you) that alerts or signals on multiple time frame indicators "alignment" (like the 4 time frame indicators series) should not be used (due to the nature of the multi time frame indicators calculation) and that such indicators should be used for estimation only, never in a signaling. Adding arrows would be exactly that : adding signals at places where they did not exist at all and that way misleading people that would then think that they found a holly grail. So, please stop ignoring my answers regarding that matter (when the term : "equally ignored" was already used) - requests like that were answered and were not ignored. It seems that only the answers to those requests were ignored

So, since I do not believe in holly grails and since I do not want to make stuff that can lead people to misleading conclusions about how some indicator should be used, I do not make such things to any indicator that I think is for discretionary usage (not signaling usage)

PS: Due to my age I am using glasses too. Maybe that is the best solution?

all the best

thanks for the explanation bro, i use glasses too but looking for every opportunity or means to reduce its usage.

truly you have explained this severally but i felt that once the respective time frame candle close,it will not repaint and can be used as a signal.

maybe it just a misinterpretation or misunderstanding on my part, thanks all the same

hi mladen ,

pls i want to ask if there is a dedicated thread for signaling indicators?

i understand from your explanation me to some time ago that some indicators are for extimations only while some are for signaling.

i will also like to know if there are other types of indicators except for the ones you have mentioned above cos i will really like to know the type of indicator am trading with.

it obvious that majority of traders are not coders and as such may not easily know what an indicator is originally coded to achieve

drunkpips:
hi mladen ,

pls i want to ask if there is a dedicated thread for signaling indicators?

i understand from your explanation me to some time ago that some indicators are for extimations only while some are for signaling.

i will also like to know if there are other types of indicators except for the ones you have mentioned above cos i will really like to know the type of indicator am trading with.

it obvious that majority of traders are not coders and as such may not easily know what an indicator is originally coded to achieve

drunkpips

The rule of thumb is simple : recalculating (including multi time frame indicators when in multi time frame mode- since they have to update the bars belonging to the target time frame) are for estimation. The rest (that are not recalculating) can be used for signaling

PS: I am excluding repainting indicators (the ones with errors in code - like the famous solar wind, for example)

This is a 4 time frame version of Schaff trend cycle, that was requested in mtf section here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page364