RAS Signal - Multi-EA - page 8

wantmorepips:
Kelvin,

I subscribed to your signal 3 weeks ago and i have not seen 1 single trade from it, i made sure its setup right and also talked to support.

Im using interbankfx and they tell me nothing.

Help Please!

Hi wantmorepips,

Two things.

One:

I have to say I'm rather disappointed to hear that it's not working for you. I have a couple questions:

Did RAS support confirm your setup as correct?

If not please contact them again with your setup details at support@cc.rentasignal.com.

Is your running your EA 24hrs/day during the trading week? I'm sure you are but just to be clear it is required to receive all the signals.

IBFX, does your account support partial closing of trades and hedging (arbitrating trades on the same currency pair but with both buys and sells open simultaneously)?

Are there any errors in the MT4 journal and expert logs that might be useful?

There may be other things too but from your description things seem to point to IBFX. Please let me know if they get back to you with anything that I or the RAS team can help you with.

Two:

On the positive side of not being in the market you've missed our largest drawdown in a while and the positive pips will still be there when things get sorted out. Thanks for hanging in there, I'm sure this can be fixed.

Kelvin

Modify Order Problem

HI Kelvin,

In regards to the errors I am receiving on my FXCM-UK MT4 I asked FXCM why I am receiving error codes. Below is their response to me.

If the EA is trying to add a Stop Loss or Take Profit pre-execution of the trade, that is what will cause that error.

"MT4 will be unable to place Stop Losses or Take Profits on trades before they execute. If that is something that is important to your trading strategy, you may be interested in our Strategy Trader platform. It allows the use of automated strategies with stop losses and take profits added pre-execution."

This being said is the RAS EA compatible with FXCM-UK Strategy Trader platform?

Thank You

Big Steve

BIGSTEVE123:

Thank You

Big Steve

According to the FXCM thread on this forum they are working on a RAS_EA for use with FXCM's Strategy Trader

BIGSTEVE123:
HI Kelvin,

In regards to the errors I am receiving on my FXCM-UK MT4 I asked FXCM why I am receiving error codes. Below is their response to me.

If the EA is trying to add a Stop Loss or Take Profit pre-execution of the trade, that is what will cause that error.

"MT4 will be unable to place Stop Losses or Take Profits on trades before they execute. If that is something that is important to your trading strategy, you may be interested in our Strategy Trader platform. It allows the use of automated strategies with stop losses and take profits added pre-execution."

Thank You

Big Steve

Hi Big Steve,

Regarding Strategy Trader and RAS EA, no, it's a different platform.

Here's the scoop. I contacted FXCM and confirmed that all pending orders with stops and limits are fine. It's the market orders that are sent with stops and limits that are causing the problem. They work fine if you send the stops and limits AFTER the order is placed.

So, to compensate for this I re-coded, tested and applied two of the EA's tonight. I'm pretty sure you're not the only one with this problem so I thought it would be wise to do this for everyone. Stops and Limits are now "silent". Trades will be opened without Stops and Limits but will close as they always have.

Please let me know if the errors are still there after we execute the next few trades.

Kelvin

Error codes are continuing

Hello Kelvin,

The error codes are still present

One more question. With all the problems with the CFTC rules about offshore FX accounts all US customers will soon be forced to return to a US broker with leverage of 50:1 on majors and 20:1 on minors. I am not the best at all the rules but will Multi-EA be NFA compliant if I am forced to leave my UK account and open a US based account?

Files:
errors.htm  24 kb

BIGSTEVE123:
Hello Kelvin,

The error codes are still present

One more question. With all the problems with the CFTC rules about offshore FX accounts all US customers will soon be forced to return to a US broker with leverage of 50:1 on majors and 20:1 on minors. I am not the best at all the rules but will Multi-EA be NFA compliant if I am forced to leave my UK account and open a US based account?

Based on my own limited knowledge of the NFA regulations, no, Multi-EA won't be compliant with at least one rule, the no-Hedging rule. It might be in the future but at present no. This is due to the multilple strategies running on the single currency pair. While some strategies might take a long position another might go short while the long is still open. This would break the no-Hedging rule and won't work on an account that strictly enforces that rule.

Kelvin

Hi

11 open long positions in a tight range.

Is that normal? or has the EA flipped!

I thought max positions was 10.

this is looking very unusual..... wake up Kelvin ..your EA is out of control !

regards

PJ

pjdalb21:
Hi

11 open long positions in a tight range.

Is that normal? or has the EA flipped!

I thought max positions was 10.

this is looking very unusual..... wake up Kelvin ..your EA is out of control !

regards

PJ

Thanks for the "wake up": call PJ!

Caught it.

Kelvin

cheers

I was getting a bit worried.

regards

PJ

Feedback on the unusual number of positions

Hi all,

The market once again proved that it can do new and unusual things that we cannot program a machine to cope with. After backward and forward testing new settings on one of the EA's, the market created an interesting reaction in one of the indicators that caused the EA to read it as a legitimate entry point. While it is very possible that the EA in question will enter more than once in a tight range, it is designed to detect flatspots in the market and stay out. This is where the market proved to us that it can create new and unusual movements by causing a slow rise in the indicator thus generating a legitimate buy signal.

Ok, all that blah blah blah said, this has been corrected and the EA brought under control.

Kelvin