Deviator - correlation strategy, signal #30131 - page 10

Impressive! Now that's what I call dedication

VPS recommendation

I can recommend 1&1 Internet AG - DSL, Hosting, Mobile Internet, Domain, Server

Works well for me

n orders

deviator,

is there an option to limit max number of open trades in your EA?

For instance today we have many buy open order for AUD,

which actually are countertrading.

That is very dangerous, it is already drawdown ~ 50%.

The strategy may be very profitable, but even once strong drawdown

may blowout a deposit.

I would like to have control for max number of open trades.

Even if that decrease the profit of strategy.

Is it possible?

Deviator,

You had mentioned to me on this thread that your max drawdown was 35% max. But in the post above brendon mentions your floating dd at 50%.

Can you or anyone explain the situation?

Thanks.

msetai:
Deviator,

You had mentioned to me on this thread that your max drawdown was 35% max. But in the post above brendon mentions your floating dd at 50%.

Can you or anyone explain the situation?

Thanks.

I am squaring losses to get it below 40%.

Yes, I siad the max. DD was 35% so far. That does not guarantee it cannot get higher ever. When that happens I have to start taking losses.

I think it will recover soon, look at EURAUD, there is no obvious reason for this jam yesterday and today.

Suscribed. I look forward to your trades .

Thanks mikpom, but I went with CNS (Commercial Network Services) instead. They have excellent customer service, and is built for traders in mind. Also their london servers have excellent pings ~5-16ms to Alpari UK.

max DD

I started to use this EA 17 may for deposit $1000.

At 8:43 GMT today, 20 may, the equity is already $183

Sorry, it is not 35% DD.

Definitely 36 active orders are too much.

Deviator, you still not answered:

Is it possible to have control for max number of active orders?

That may help.

regards

brendon:
I started to use this EA 17 may for deposit $1000.

At 8:43 GMT today, 20 may, the equity is already $183

Sorry, it is not 35% DD.

Definitely 36 active orders are too much.

regards

Please, read what I recommend for the minimum requirements in my first post and in my strategy description at RAS website: you will find out that that minimum I recommend is $3000 standard account, micro lots enabled, leverage 1:200.

If you read my first post with my recommendations and warning you will also find out that I warn users that the max. DD can be around 35% and 30 - 40 open orders. So, please read carefully before you sign up to someone's signal. I was telling that beforehand and I am sorry if your account got to troubles but it is your own responsibility if you overleveraged your account and you did not listen to my recommendations.

Now, if you had $3K account your DD would be now -$815 and that is 27.16% of $3K account, which is yet below 35% I was mentioning.

Today my signal account DD crossed 40% and I took some losses to keep it below 40%. I hope this madness is soon over and we get back on track.

Even after the losses I took I am still up 5% for May, but it is possible I will have to take some more losses.

brendon:

Deviator, you still not answered:

Is it possible to have control for max number of active orders?

That may help.

As I mentioned earlier, I warned users I sometimes can have 30 - 40 orders. I am closing losses to keep the DD below 40%. At the moment it is 34%.

Ok, $3K may be give more room to breath.

> I hope this madness is soon over and we get back on track.

Ho knows. It may be some days even worse.

What I want, if you can of course, to add some "fuse".

In my case, I would tell the system to not open more than 15 orders.

You closed some positions manually. What if you have no access to net for a few days?

Make it as EA parameter.