Deviator - correlation strategy, signal #30131 - page 11

brendon:
Ok, $3K may be give more room to breath.

> I hope this madness is soon over and we get back on track.

Ho knows. It may be some days even worse.

What I want, if you can of course, to add some "fuse".

In my case, I would tell the system to not open more than 15 orders.

You closed some positions manually. What if you have no access to net for a few days?

Make it as EA parameter.

I have it as parameter but as long as I can watch the account I prefer closing losses manually because otherwise stop loss usually closes loss at worse point so I prefer to wait for a small retrace and close then.

As I said earlier, I keep the DD below 40%, anytime it gets worse I close some orders to protect the account.

Deviator DD

Look at the attached image. Whenever DD gets over 40% I close some losses to protect account. If it gets worse again, I will close some more orders.

So far I am still up 5.65% for May. If I close another $500 loss I will be break even for May, which I consider is still ok.

Look to the second image of EURAUD, how long do you think such trend can last? AUD can keep falling but I expect at least 50% retracement will come before.

Files:

Deviator gets hit by violent market moves

Dear subscribers!

I had to take a lot of losses today. I got the DD below 30% and I do not open any new orders until the situation does not calm down.

I expect there will be either slow or fast correction soon, because it is impossible that a currency trending for months gets back to where it was 4 months back in just two days. This is a market panic and unfortunately it was very costly for us.

I will keep remaining orders open, we should get back some profits soon. If it continues to get worse I might have to take some more losses. I hope it does not happen but it looks like anything is possible these days.

I am still up 73% for the year.

Files:
euraud_1.jpg  34 kb

Dooma and Gloom

At least you have something left! I got wiped out on 2 accounts for over $5k mainly down to audjpy and audusd. Coupled with massive losses on euro last week, this is not the place to be. Shaken and very stirred.....not a happy bunny

alfiepanda:
At least you have something left! I got wiped out on 2 accounts for over $5k mainly down to audjpy and audusd. Coupled with massive losses on euro last week, this is not the place to be. Shaken and very stirred.....not a happy bunny

If you follow my recommendations in my first post, i.e. min. $3000 balance, lot multiplier 0.2, leverage 1:200 you would not wipe out your account. I am sorry if you did but it is your responsibility not to overleverage.

Yes, I did have losses this month, overall I am up more then 78% since December.

It looks like the situation on the market calmed down and we can continue trading normally. I made up about 5% back and was hoping I could end up break even in May but it looks like it will be up to 10% loss in May.

May 2010 - 8.73% loss

Ok, this is the end of May 2010 and although the beginning was very optimistic (gain over 20% in the first two weeks), the result is 8.73% loss for the whole month - first time in the last 6 months. We all hate losses but that is the part of the game and after all the loss is not fatal, it is less than average gain per month which currently is at 13.79%.

In total Deviator made 81.03% gain in 6 months.

However, I learned another lesson and I will take measures to avoid even such losses.

Sad to see I subscribed in a losing month. But it really doesn't matter, your overall results are still quite consistent. Good work.

AppleFX:
Sad to see I subscribed in a losing month. But it really doesn't matter, your overall results are still quite consistent. Good work.

Yes, I also added $5K to my live account at the beginning of May and I increased lots accordingly. I am down $1300 on my live account as of now.

I am patient and I believe the next month will be better.

May loss recovered

We recovered all losses made in May + 1% extra. I expect some more profits to be made till the end of June, market seem to get to more "normal" conditions...

Files:

Deviator - 100% profit since December 2009 (again)

Ok, so while others are fighting here (in this forum), I do my job quietly....

Deviator is the only signal with transparent and longest history track record (I mean provided by some third party, there are older signals at RAS but I could not find anybody giving extra track record at myfxbook or similar service).

So, after losing month in May, I recovered losses and made some extra profits. Yes, I had problems with DD knocking on 45% but took some losses and I changed the strategy to prevent that (I changed the pairs to trade from AUDJPY, AUDUSD, GBPJPY to AUDJPY, EURJPY, GBPJPY). So far it helps a lot but I still expect the DD to be up to 30% occasionally.

Who stayed with me is happy, who left can be sorry.

Current DD is around 15% but market is very violent and volatile these days so I find it as acceptable.

Everybody welcome!