Globis forex - page 10

mpat89:
Has anyone had problems today? Today all my open positions were partially closed to become sized at 0.01. This closed pretty much all the drawdown and put me into a large loss. Has anyone had anything similar?

This happens normaly if you decrease your lotsize,

then the EA closes parially all trade to becomme the smaller lotsize.

This is the most number of open positions I've seen with Globis Forex in the last month. I'm in 10 of the 11 open positions.

For some reason my account did not make the following trade:

RAS_ID 627923 18229746 B GBPUSD 0.20 2010-03-01 11:00:14

2010-03-01 13:44:20 - 1.535 1.49782

Apparently, Globis Forex is experimenting with a modified Grid trading system (manually-traded) on the current signal. I'm not sure how this will affect the signal's performance but they did admit that it may increase both the number of losses and profits, number of open positions and amount of floating profits/losses. While I hope this change will continue to improve the signal's performance, I'm watching closely.

Additionally, they said they would consider our thoughts on the inclusion and use of the new method.

mandelmus:
Apparently, Globis Forex is experimenting with a modified Grid trading system (manually-traded) on the current signal. I'm not sure how this will affect the signal's performance but they did admit that it may increase both the number of losses and profits, number of open positions and amount of floating profits/losses. While I hope this change will continue to improve the signal's performance, I'm watching closely. Additionally, they said they would consider our thoughts on the inclusion and use of the new method.

This is exactly why signals eventually fail. They start experimenting and trying to impress when it was the original results that got folks attention in the first place. They need to keep the experiments away from live signals and only add them AFTER they have been proven to be successful

spencer36:
This is exactly why signals eventually fail. They start experimenting and trying to impress when it was the original results that got folks attention in the first place. They need to keep the experiments away from live signals and only add them AFTER they have been proven to be successful

That's why I would suggest they start a 2nd signal for their "experiments" so we can decide between the two strategies.

To globis forex

As active subscriber that actually trade LIVE their signals, I'd like to ask to Globis Forex traders:

1) Regarding the current open trades on EUR/GBP and GBP/USD, what counter-measures (hedging trades on these two pairs, for instance?) do you think to take BEFORE the next friday's NFP, in order to avoid disaster (=huge DD), in case that news causes further lows on cable and highs on EUR/GBP?

2) WHY did you decide to "experiment" your new grid system adding it on your main signals service (that many of your subscribers, like me, is trading on their LIVE accounts), instead of try it on a brand new RAS signals system, also considering we are in the NFP first week of the month?

I'm very disappointed of this sudden decision by Globis Forex, as well as really worried about nearly future developments of this (already high) current DD, waiting for next friday's NFP.

Please light us, Globis Forex, we all wait for your quick, clear and exhaustive reply, thanks.

ZioB

mandelmus:
That's why I would suggest they start a 2nd signal for their "experiments" so we can decide between the two strategies.

I agree, grids are very dangerous and god forbid you get a 1000 pip drop in a pair you have 4 to 7 open trades in the wrong direction. No matter the lot size...These current open trades look to be going the wrong way. I hope they do come into range. Just think if they was reversed we would all be in profit...I am not interested in managed accounts thats why we have rentasignal to not have managed accounts.

ZioBoje:
... as well as really worried about nearly future developments of this (already high) current DD, waiting for next friday's NFP. ZioB

Good point ZioB

Update: Globis Forex informed me that they would discontinue opening new positions from the "modified grid trading system" because of overwhelming user concern, but that they would close out the current positions as planned ... anywhere from a few days up to a couple weeks to close those positions. Apparently, the "modified grid trading system" was expected to gain between 5-10% per month (with "a 65% winning ratio") using the correct lot size. I don't know what the "correct lot size" would be, but I've been using 0.10 max lot size per position.

Have to agree - shouldnt change the current signal to include a different method of trading, start it on a new RAS so people can see how it fares...the mere mention of grid trading will make people nervous as unless used very carefully it is a very dangerous method of trading and is commonly known to blow an account eventually (although you can make very large profits you need a large account as drawdowns when trading within the grid can be huge!).

Stick to what is working well chaps...if it aint broke dont fix it.

Try the grid out seperarely to people can appraise the results and performance

I can tell you this, I would never Have put real money on a grid system.

Its unbelievable that they never gave us warning so we could cash out.

They must think we are all playing around with a demo account.