Ocean theory based indicators - page 26

mladen:
Same thing that is done to cci, done to rsi this time : rsi__nma.mq4

Needs some experimenting, but I used the default values that first came to mind

Dearest MLADEN,

so so many thanksssssss for all two versions cci and rsi of new ocn nma.it looks now the gate is open after removing speed braker of some coding functions updated........from the time you awarded cci ,i am playing with ,every time i found new mysteries.:):):) ....it given best result with HA median body prices,still new things needs exploration........a stoch version plz,

one request plz.do you think of changing name of new ocn nma 2,because already a smooth ver with same name exist.

best regards for the best person

Here is the same thing but with stochastic (it deviates from the stochastic since it uses only one price, but the deviation is not that big) : stochastic__nma.mq4

Files:

mladen:
Here is the same thing but with stochastic (it deviates from the stochastic since it uses only one price, but the deviation is not that big) : stochastic__nma.mq4

Dearest MLADEN,

so so much thanks for the stoch of new nma,you are great and kind as always , for these two cci and stoch i was waiting impatiently,more than a lot of appreciations............can you plz explain more "it deviates from the stochastic since it uses only one price but the deviation is not that big".

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN,

so so much thanks for the stoch of new nma,you are great and kind as always , for these two cci and stoch i was waiting impatiently,more than a lot of appreciations............can you plz explain more "it deviates from the stochastic since it uses only one price but the deviation is not that big".

regards

mntiwana

Stochastic itself uses either 3 prices (high,low and close) or 2 prices (close and previous close).

Since this one uses only one price, it will never be exactly the same as the built in stochastic - but the difference is not big and using the prices we want is probably adding on flexibility

From last three indis, IMO the nma smoothed CCI (clearly a member of the momentum family) is best for scalping IMO and stochastic nma filtered is a nice trend indi, even for extrem long trends.

Mladen, how much would a RSX version differ from the RSI version? I have the feeling the RSI + nma suffers from the volatility of the RSI.

mladen:

mntiwana

Stochastic itself uses either 3 prices (high,low and close) or 2 prices (close and previous close).

Since this one uses only one price, it will never be exactly the same as the built in stochastic - but the difference is not big and using the prices we want is probably adding on flexibility

Dearest MLADEN,

thank you for explaining,what i understand,stoch usual way uses two style prices calculation (HLC or CC} and this one using one price.but the difference is not big in visual in between either using 3 or 2 or 1 ............and you used one price intentionally for to keep it flexible accepting rest of extra prices,right ????

sorry for bothering you again and again.thanks.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN,

thank you for explaining,what i understand,stoch usual way uses two style prices calculation (HLC or CC} and this one using one price.but the difference is not big in visual in between either using 3 or 2 or 1 ............and you used one price intentionally for to keep it flexible accepting rest of extra prices,right ????

sorry for bothering you again and again.thanks.

regards

mntiwana

Yes, that is correct. I used that single price because of that

Can ocean nma be double smoothed?

Double smoothing a price adaptive indicator sounds strange. Isn't Stoch + NMA smooth enough? You could feed the NMA with DSS.

krelian99:
Double smoothing a price adaptive indicator sounds strange. Isn't Stoch + NMA smooth enough? You could feed the NMA with DSS.

Will see what can be done with the dss