Ocean theory based indicators - page 22

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN,

thank you for asking,there are a lot of requests from all of us,valeofx,krelian and me especially,for some more work on ocean but it looks this very unique indicator is ignored completely,...so with a lot of excuses,again i request for nma of cci and stoch but you knows better if it would be nma of cci or cci of nma....same with stoch and if possible according to your saying (Been fooling with super smoother these days and then remembered this old thread

Now what one has to know about ocean series indicators is that almost every indicator in the series uses TEMA in one form or another (for smoothing or filtering data). TEMA is good for that since it has a very low lag. My question was what would happen if I replace TEMA with super smoother of the same length. And here is the first result : it is a super smoother version of NDX (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179737 ) Upper is the "regular" version lower is the super smoother version }

possibly adapt with all twice options (tema and super smoother} but as you says step by step.

regards

Maybe the best would be to have both (as an option : either nma of cci or cci of nma)

Will try to make something like that

mladen:

Maybe the best would be to have both (as an option : either nma of cci or cci of nma)

Will try to make something like that

Dearest MLADEN,

thanks ,so much thanks.....just look if possible for super smooth (ss} true/false,.............conditionally if you also think this would be good than tema for cci/stoch.....,as all ocean indicators using tema.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN,

thanks ,so much thanks.....just look if possible for super smooth (ss} true/false,.............conditionally if you also think this would be good than tema for cci/stoch.....,as all ocean indicators using tema.

regards

mntiwana

For start we shall use the nma in its natural mode (I am curious how would it do with some well known indicators)

I had no requests, but it seems to me that jsmooth is better than TEMA. Fast, smooth and more reliable than TEMA.

mladen:

mntiwana

For start we shall use the nma in its natural mode (I am curious how would it do with some well known indicators)

Dearest MLADEN,

what you write at some places in ocean thread about it,i read it all several times for to better understand with comparing these indicators with others and every time i found it winning,as for how to do,same as you done with rsi and macd but it is your job and experties,you know it better how to adapt it suitable way for best results,...and i am sure,these task are not more than a toy for you,:) ,like flexible plastic where/how you want mold it , thanks.

regard

macd_of_nma_v1.02.mq4

rsi_of_nma_2_mtf__alerts.mq4

krelian99:
I had no requests, but it seems to me that jsmooth is better than TEMA. Fast, smooth and more reliable than TEMA.

krelian99

It is a strange case though

I tested some other averages instead of tema (as a part of nma), and it was strange that the results were almost always the best when tema was used. Anyway, first thing first : a liitle more time and a nma function will be ready and then we can continue the experimenting

krelian99:

sorry man,i was thinking you will be help me regarding for a good thing for a good purpose but it is ok ,

as for comparing,just tema is compared with SS at one place and ss was leading as to MLADENs saying,and for jsmooth,did you test it with ss ???

in given picture upper is tema-lower is ss

Files:

I want to help and I think I do. Super smoother brings lag into it, and I never liked ocean with TEMA prefilter either. But as I saw a jsmooth version, I decided to give ocean one more chance and that's why I told you of it. Just trust me

krelian99:
I want to help and I think I do. Super smoother brings lag into it, and I never liked ocean with TEMA prefilter either. But as I saw a jsmooth version, I decided to give ocean one more chance and that's why I told you of it. Just trust me

so in your opinion jsmooth is most better than all two tema and SS with out or less lagging comparatively ???

krelian99:

:)

OK. Some things will be tested