TickScalper EA - page 53

TickScalper EA with super more safe settings.

M1 timeframe.

EURGBP:

USDCHF:

GBPJPY:

===============

- All the versions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page3

- Version #3.44 with the settings: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8

Visual statement is forward testing/trading results. More about it: Signal Performance Factor and visual statements: this post with the explanation and on those 2 posts as detailed comments: this post and this one.

- TickScalper_v3.44.7 EA is on this post.

- TickScalper_v3.44.7 EA with default settings for moresafe and all the indicators are on this post.

- TickScalper_v3.45 EA is on this post. This version is using EquityTrailing as account protection feature so it can be used with trading of many pairs using super safe settings.

- TickScalper_v3.45.1 EA is on this post. Added a more extensive time filter, added the auto magic number function, along with a manual magic number function.

- TickScalper_v3.45.6 EA is on this post. This is an updated version, added another max order safety feature: if you have UseMaxOrdersClose = true and EquityTrailing = false, whatever you have MaxOrders set to and that pairs open orders gets to max orders the Ea will close all the orders on that pair. If you use EquityTrailing = true and UseMaxOrdersClose = false, then will be regular EquityTrailing.

It is my trading for TickScalper_v3.45.6 EA

------------------

TickScalper_v3.45.6 EA using moresafe settings, EURGBP M1.

Trading since 10th of February this year.

I am having TS_Mode 8; // 8-averages macd

===============

- All the versions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page3

- Version #3.44 with the settings: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8

Visual statement is forward testing/trading results. More about it: Signal Performance Factor and visual statements: this post with the explanation and on those 2 posts as detailed comments: this post and this one.

- TickScalper_v3.44.7 EA is on this post.

- TickScalper_v3.44.7 EA with default settings for moresafe and all the indicators are on this post.

- TickScalper_v3.45 EA is on this post. This version is using EquityTrailing as account protection feature so it can be used with trading of many pairs using super safe settings.

- TickScalper_v3.45.1 EA is on this post. Added a more extensive time filter, added the auto magic number function, along with a manual magic number function.

- TickScalper_v3.45.6 EA is on this post. This is an updated version, added another max order safety feature: if you have UseMaxOrdersClose = true and EquityTrailing = false, whatever you have MaxOrders set to and that pairs open orders gets to max orders the Ea will close all the orders on that pair. If you use EquityTrailing = true and UseMaxOrdersClose = false, then will be regular EquityTrailing.

mrtools:
Hi NC,

Thanks for your work, and definitely see value anyway kinda stuck on how to do the break even with the martingale here's what i have so far, the BreakEven is in the buy and sell functions but far as i can see not for martingale.

if (OrderEquityTrailing == true && TotalProfit(0,ProfitMode,0,0) >= BreakEven)

everything else far as i can see is done, I'm figuring break even is something like order profit + swap +commission+Mg_PipStep X Opened orders but not sure, thinking of adding this somehow into the buy and sell routine.Anyway doing some research on this part and probably tomorrow sometime will hopefully be posting the Ea.

HI Mrtools,

We can declare a new variable called MGBreakEven so we do not interfere with the BreakEven of the buy and sell which someone can use for different purpose.

I also saw in the TotalProfit procedure

profit = OrderProfit() + OrderSwap() + OrderCommission(); can we use that by adding MG_PipStep?

Do you have good backtest data to find out optimum settings per pair?

Thanks, one step at a time

NC!

mrtools:
Hi NC!,

This is what i have so far not much more than what you all ready done, but like you said and i agree MGBreakEven needs to be a separate routine from regular breakeven and profit, think should be, profit = OrderProfit() + OrderSwap() + OrderCommission()+ MG_PipStep * MaxOrders, but still not sure, sound right to you?

About the backtest data i don't have but someone posted some links in the forum will see if i can find.

ps) someone posted last week about some tick data

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175901

post # 110

pss) To those others testing these:::: v3.34.6 and v3.45.7 as far as using the equity trailing stop and max order stop are the same, The SalvageMartingaleStep is still in testing right now its using the same settings as for the Equitytrailing stop, until the break even is figured out, we are trying to create a way to figure the profit of all the opened orders to max orders to figure the break even, haven't been able to find any other martingale that actually does this, to use as examples.

Hi mrtools

Looking at charts I observed that with EquityTrailing (ET) = 0.01 in my set test files it took only MGstep pips retrace to breakeven. Look at the detailed transactions previous post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page35 10 pips retrace from last martingale position and it closes with 0.01 ET profit. My idea is that is a bad idea to trade against the market, after some martingales, get out first chance if you end up traiding agianst it. All break even closed sets of orders with 0.01 ET close around the MGstep value. See if this is vaid it may be some pips more but it is around there. If this is true we can use MGstep + MGBreakEven to regulate our risk or just MGstep.

Will check the backtest post.I did some on EURUSD and it needs easy on safemode MaxOrders 10 did not escape from geting caught data quality bad. Do not know if BT have any value for this ea since from broker to broker I see different trades and it is MTF M15 trend confirmation. Correct me if I am wrong.

The diference between my version and yours is that you go for the ET when MaxOrders reaches or SL. I go for ET before MaxOrders is reached and that can be many martigale levels away giving up on profit target and chassing break even. Is it worth it? Noticed most of the time yes, since we do not know when this retrace will happen we give some orders for it to happen and wait for MGstep pips retrace from our last order.

But even then I have seen from backtest poor quality that it reaches MaxOrders and blows account. Test data could be bad. So the important question is how many pips against us the market can go for every pair we want to trade until MGstep retrace for break even.

NC!

nc!:
HI Mrtools,

We can declare a new variable called MGBreakEven so we do not interfere with the BreakEven of the buy and sell which someone can use for different purpose.

I also saw in the TotalProfit procedure

profit = OrderProfit() + OrderSwap() + OrderCommission(); can we use that by adding MG_PipStep?

Do you have good backtest data to find out optimum settings per pair?

Thanks, one step at a time

NC!

Hi NC!,

Added a little something to try and reset Ea to zero trend after CloseAll() is hit.

About the backtest data i don't have but someone posted some links in the forum will see if i can find.

ps) someone posted last week about some tick data

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175901

post # 110

pss) found some errors in v7 so new version now is v7a. Would recommend using one of NC's set files with this version.

Files:

Asd to me so 3.45.6 is doing good: all trades are closed.

Files:
3456_2202.gif  60 kb

ouch my live e/g got stopped twice after after selling the bottom of some big spikes a week ago. back to squaure one!

today it has been trading a lot and its made back nearly ten percent... i think this ea/settings need to go back on the demo because its a bit skitzophrenic if you ask me.. some days its trades once or twice some days it has traded 20 times! :S

nice newd... settings?

'more safe' settings with TS_Mode 8.

I opened 3.44 with MetaEditor (more safe settings from here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8 ) and this 3.45.6 with MetaEditor, and change the settings for 3.45.6 to more safe ibnside the code, after that - click 'Compile' (if EA is in Metatrader\s directory, or 'Save as ...' and 'Compile' if EA is somewhere else for example). So, I have 'more safe' settings by default on the chart. if something happened 9Metatrader will be re-started, VPS/server will be re-loaded) so everything will be restored with defaulty settings.

3.44.7 live with TS = 8 and MC = 2 had a big loss for me again

klaatu's Profile | Myfxbook - Super 7 is tickscalper... one more like that and I will stop trading it. Its currently changed to TS =9 and MC =4 . I hope it survives ..