Composite Fractal Behavior and its aplications - page 2

Mladen, thanks for clarifying this. It is comforting to know that CFB is indeed trying and maybe succeding to capture more. My provisional conclusion,

without derogating the CFB, which I really like, is that these two indicators appoximately coincide in many trend instances (of course, with appropriate choice of periods).

A nice outcome of this discussion is the smoothed VHF you created, which can be applied with any period length. The picture shows an application. In the panel you see VHF and CFB superimposed. The long term VHF(200, heavily smoothed) nicely captures the two long term (and one shorter term) trends.

The CFB(7) indicates several reatively safe entries along these trends.

Regards,

- trendick

Edit: further inspection show that this example is a better-case instance and there are many other examples where the VHF isn't that bright in identifying such longer-term trends. I wonder if an MTF version of the CFB would be better.

Files:
vhf_cfb_1.gif  29 kb

That was quick!

It looks really nice! With suitable smoothing it gives impressive calls that can make a difference.

I'm now going to torture the data with this s&#B^&(@# until Nature will confess.

Thanks,

- trendick

using cfb mtf in EA

Mladen,

I tried using the cfb mtf in an EA and I have the following problem.

Since this is an MTF indicator it should be possible in principle to apply it as follows:

CALL 1 (say, attached to H1):

iCustom(NULL,0,"cfb mtf",240,7,6,1000,30,5,3,true,true,0,0);[/PHP]

A stundard alternative would be as follows (and for that we don't need the MTF version):

[PHP]CALL 2

iCustom(NULL,240,"cfb mtf","Current time frame",7,6,1000,30,5,3,true,true,0,0);

The problem is that CALL 1 has some recurssion termination problems and cannot be run (attach it to "MACD sample" and see). Is it something that can be fixed?

Thanks,

trendick

PS you may ask why to use CALL 1 in the first place. My motivation was to enjoy the benefits of the interpolation. Am I correct?

Try this

The whole "trick" is in the 1st parameter. With it you demand what do you want it to do (or in which time frame). So the form is following (you will laugh when you see what did you miss )
iCustom(NULL,0,"cfb mtf","240",7,6,1000,30,5,3,true,true,0,0)
It is a bit different way how I make a mtf, that is why one has to pay attention to that first parameter

PS: attached is a simple EA with a working call 1

regards

mladen

Files:
cfb_call.mq4  1 kb

Thanks!!!

It really did it. Interetsing logic you have there with these string switches.

Regards,

- trendick

This section is a miracle thus many requests to day; sorry for that.

Is it possible to have an mtf parameter with the cfb channel.

Thx

Hi Mladen..,

I should say i'm completely dumbfounded. There are no words to explain the awe i'm feeling at the work done by you, mr. tools, and others.

Now for the request part., are there are any Mq5 indicators available for CFB channel and Adaptive price zone.., i am unable to find those or maybe i'm not good enough at searching.., if they are available can you please direct me or if they are not.., can i have those versions too.

thanks again.

Mladen..,

Greatly appreciated.., now waiting for that moment when everything would be possible for MT5. To tell you the truth i'm proud and at the same time jealous of the heights you've reached both as a coder and as a human being.

Mladen..,

One more request.., this cfb has picked my interest up somewhat.., is it possible for u to create a moving average that moves like the central line of CFB channel. If you are able to.., then also can you create an additional alert indicator which contains all sorts of MAs (u know one should be able to decide which ones to use for crosses, like oma, ema, sma, TriMa, CfbMA , and an RSI component to be included in those crosses, like RSI should be above/below 0 as well for the alert to go off, which can be turned on and off (i'm not an artist like you.., neither in explaining nor in coding).., so whatever u do wud be exceptional and more than suits our needs, but still i made an attempt.

regards,

paapi

PS: There are no mq5 indicators for OMA as well.., in case if you had not noticed it.

:)

paapi, here is the cfb channel for metatrader 5 too

It is changed compared to metatrader 4 version : the "famous" infinite length stochastic that Mark Jurik is using is avoided here and you can choose the normalization length now (it makes it more flexible since now almost everything is controllable through parameters and now there is no repainting at all in this one)

Updated the cfb indicator itself too (cleaned up, simplified, ... ) and posted it at the original post. It will not differ in results but the code is changed significantly hence posting it ... I like the last one better

As of oma : there will be no problem since, if you take a peek at the code of cfb and cfb channel the last function used in the indicator is oma (made it as function too, so it will be easily applicable in other indicators as well as the standalone version - will do it soon)

regards

Mladen

Files: