My Manual trading systems 15M - page 8

Pipmac1 system

Here is system 2 called PIPMAC1.No more sitting in front of your computer all day waiting for a signal now you can just use my EA kevin to take trades based on indictor NONREPAINT ADXCROSSES EA and NINA_STEPMA 1.

1)Add attached indictors to C:/broker/expert/indicators folder.Close then reopen platform.You need indicators for Ea and template to work.

2)download template to desktop and then right click on platform and choose load template/look in desktop and find PIPMAC1(allfiles) and left click.

3)download EA kevin to Experts folder then close reopen platform.

4)On the inputs section make sure SHIFT IS SET TO-0 also make sure ADXCROSSES period is set to-28.Lots and stop loss to your settings.

The way we use this EA to trade is we look at NINA STEPMA to determine the direction of the trend.Then we look to the common section of the EA and select long only if NINA arrow says trend up or select short only if NINA arros says trending down.

EA will mac trades for you while you watch TV,sip cocktails and relax.Just monitor at the top of every hour and switch to short or long if NINA gives you signal.May take a bit of time to get into the zone.

Can be used for many trading styles..1 trades may want to scalp Eurusd 5 m during london euro session/some trader might want to go long 4hr d1 charts and take more profit/ some may want to trade only aud session with audjpy only.There are a many ways to utilize this I just want to enlighten you and stimulate your thinking on what is the most efficient way to take pips regarding time/moneymanagement and personal goals.Now go out there and mac those pips.

Mod to autodetect direction

Looks like a great system, however I like things to be where I don't have to watch and set settings (buy or sell only) so I modded this system to do it on autopilot now it just need to be tested and best settings found. See attachments

UPDATED BUG FIX: CHANGE old function to this one....

int GetsSignal()

{

double i_0 = iCustom(Symbol(),TimeFrame,"ADXcrossesNon-repainting",ADXcrossesPeriod,0,shift);

double i_1 = iCustom(Symbol(),TimeFrame,"ADXcrossesNon-repainting",ADXcrossesPeriod,1,shift);

double way = iCustom(NULL, 0, "Nina",7,0.7,0,500,4,0); // detect longs or shorts only

if(way == 1) { shorts_only = false; buys_only = true; Print("Buy"); }

if(way == 2) { buys_only = false; shorts_only = true; Print("Sell");}

//Print(way);

if(buys_only == false && shorts_only == false) {

return(0);

}

//if(way == 0) { buys_only = False; shorts_only = False; }// set all false at start only to wait for cross

int vSignal = 0;

if(i_0<1000 && buys_only){ vSignal = 1; Print("BuyTrig"); }//up

// else

if(i_1<1000 && shorts_only){ vSignal = 2; Print("SellTrig"); } //down

return (vSignal);

}

Then under Start Function

//----

double sl=0, tp=0;

if(!ExistPositions(Symbol(),OP_BUY,MagicNumber) && GetsSignal()==1 && buys_only)

{

if (StopLoss >0) sl=Ask-StopLoss*Point; else sl=0;

if (TakeProfit>0) tp=Ask+TakeProfit*Point; else tp=0;

OpenPosition(NULL, OP_BUY, Lots, sl, tp, MagicNumber);

}

if(!ExistPositions(Symbol(),OP_SELL,MagicNumber) && GetsSignal()==2 && shorts_only)

{

if (StopLoss >0) sl=Bid+StopLoss*Point; else sl=0;

if (TakeProfit>0) tp=Bid-TakeProfit*Point; else tp=0;

OpenPosition(NULL, OP_SELL, Lots, sl, tp, MagicNumber);

}

//----

Files:
nina.mq4  8 kb

Good,Im glad to see that the system is of good use for you and other traders.Making updates and tweaks are fine just dont change the basic elements of the system.

kevinator, Initial back testing of this method is not looking to hot to many false moves and by the time the cross happens its to late to enter have tested with

1. using the cross and arrows with settings you said

2. just using the cross as entry without waiting for the arrows

3. have tested many pairs many timeframes all results not looking good.

both having more losses than wins. Need a way to detect false signals like with any ea. Might think of adding another indicator to see volumes or flat/slow markets.

kevinator:
Here is system 2 called PIPMAC1.No more sitting in front of your computer all day waiting for a signal now you can just use my EA kevin to take trades based on indictor NONREPAINT ADXCROSSES EA and NINA_STEPMA 1.

Thank you very much for your contributions. I have a question regarding

the Step_MA indicator. How do you get such clear signals in ranging

conditions, without getting a lot of false signals?

Rob

niteuser:
kevinator, Initial back testing of this method is not looking to hot to many false moves and by the time the cross happens its to late to enter have tested with

1. using the cross and arrows with settings you said

2. just using the cross as entry without waiting for the arrows

3. have tested many pairs many timeframes all results not looking good.

both having more losses than wins. Need a way to detect false signals like with any ea. Might think of adding another indicator to see volumes or flat/slow markets.

We have all tested EA with an absolutely gorgeous equity curve that when applied to the current market has turned out to be not so ideal.I would say to forward test the whole system as backtesting is very unreliable.

System was designed to take full profit from a trending market.During ranging market or a period of consolidation trader must maker sure to monitor market at the top of every hour(a minimalists task)then once you get into a trend you ride it out all day.As we all know during the hours of 18:00 to 24:00EST eurusd is usually in consolidation waiting for the next news release to stimulate the market.So dont trade at that time.Use system during the day while your doing other tasks.Let the system work for you instead of you work for it.And please remember the old tennis saying and I quote "we dont have to win every match to win the set".

the problem

the problem with this EA is...it opens position in opposite direction without closing previous positions

Excellent work Pava..Now that you have pinpointed the problem perhaps you can enlighten us with a solution and post it here.

Don't know how to code....

niteuser:
Looks like a great system, however I like things to be where I don't have to watch and set settings (buy or sell only) so I modded this system to do it on autopilot now it just need to be tested and best settings found. See attachments

UPDATED BUG FIX: CHANGE old function to this one....

int GetsSignal()

{

double i_0 = iCustom(Symbol(),TimeFrame,"ADXcrossesNon-repainting",ADXcrossesPeriod,0,shift);

double i_1 = iCustom(Symbol(),TimeFrame,"ADXcrossesNon-repainting",ADXcrossesPeriod,1,shift);

double way = iCustom(NULL, 0, "Nina",7,0.7,0,500,4,0); // detect longs or shorts only

if(way == 1) { shorts_only = false; buys_only = true; Print("Buy"); }

if(way == 2) { buys_only = false; shorts_only = true; Print("Sell");}

//Print(way);

if(buys_only == false && shorts_only == false) {

return(0);

}

//if(way == 0) { buys_only = False; shorts_only = False; }// set all false at start only to wait for cross

int vSignal = 0;

if(i_0<1000 && buys_only){ vSignal = 1; Print("BuyTrig"); }//up

// else

if(i_1<1000 && shorts_only){ vSignal = 2; Print("SellTrig"); } //down

return (vSignal);

}

Then under Start Function

//----

double sl=0, tp=0;

if(!ExistPositions(Symbol(),OP_BUY,MagicNumber) && GetsSignal()==1 && buys_only)

{

if (StopLoss >0) sl=Ask-StopLoss*Point; else sl=0;

if (TakeProfit>0) tp=Ask+TakeProfit*Point; else tp=0;

OpenPosition(NULL, OP_BUY, Lots, sl, tp, MagicNumber);

}

if(!ExistPositions(Symbol(),OP_SELL,MagicNumber) && GetsSignal()==2 && shorts_only)

{

if (StopLoss >0) sl=Bid+StopLoss*Point; else sl=0;

if (TakeProfit>0) tp=Bid-TakeProfit*Point; else tp=0;

OpenPosition(NULL, OP_SELL, Lots, sl, tp, MagicNumber);

}

//----

Hi

I have been trying to test this system but unfortunaely its giving me error 131 volume issues. I think its not catering for my ECN requirements of not allowing placing SL and TP at the time of market order.