TMA&Cycles - page 13

It is "adapting" itself too - it is narrowing the "opposite band" in the times of strong movements.

Isn't that true for the asymm Bollinger bands that you have created? For the asymm TMA bands it looks like it is narrowing the trend side band in times of strong movements.

:)

As I said "TMA is doing its job" : when TMA recalculates values it actually "predicts" the existence of trend change and then you have the "inverted" effect. That is why I said in my original post that it is interesting.

You must always keep in mind what does TMA centered do : it is showing previous trends and trying to show future trends. By combining the two, mathematically, the asymmetric bands still does what it is intended to do but since TMA is "predicting" you have that effect. Just see where the majority of prices is compared to TMA in times of strong trend changes (and I think that those are the periods that you were observing) - one would say "on a wrong side" That is what centered TMA does

regards

mladen

kalusao:
It is "adapting" itself too - it is narrowing the "opposite band" in the times of strong movements. Isn't that true for the asymm Bollinger bands that you have created? For the asymm TMA bands it looks like it is narrowing the trend side band in times of strong movements.

Sorry, posted in the wrong area

Firstly, I would like to thank Simba for opening this thread so interesting, as well as mrtools, mladen and others for their interesting contributions.

Secondly I would ask if is possible to put an alert to Centered Triangular MA abands. I think it is a very good indicator. I enclose a picture. (2 centered abands (TF 240 and 60) plus voltychannelstop. It looks like interesting, isn' it?

Files:
audusd.gif  21 kb

Hi,

Following my previous post I would like to add the following details:

1-Volty Channel...settings: default

2-Tmaabands h1 settings:default

3-Tma bands h4 settings:default

Entry:For buy(inverse for shorts)

1-Setup:Volty channel allows long entries(blue dot and line)

2-Entry: price touches the lower H1 band(see pic marked with arrow signalling the actual entry point)

3-SL:Volty channel gives an exit signal, at close.

4-TP:Optional between fixed numbers of pips(2 or 3 ATR),h1 or h4 upper band touch or opposite volty channel signal.

I believe that the addition of an alarm to TMA abands will be extremely useful for those of us following multiple pairs and several timeframes, and would be helpful an MTF Voltychannel

Thanks in advance for taking my comments into consideration and Regards.

Files:

Faust:
Hi,

2-Entry: price touches the lower H1 band(see pic marked with arrow signalling the actual entry point)

4-TP:Optional between fixed numbers of pips(2 or 3 ATR),h1 or h4 upper band touch or opposite volty channel signal.

I believe that the addition of an alarm to TMA abands will be extremely useful for those of us following multiple pairs and several timeframes, and would be helpful an MTF Voltychannel

Thanks Faust for sharing your method, using your idea using abands H4 and H1 timeframes, then getting cycles using Corona DFT on H1 and H4 then dividing both by 2, then setting Halflength accordingly like on chart shown both H4 and H1 had cycle of 50 so set halflength to 25 on both seem to be getting some very Hurst like crosses on most pairs. About your alert copied and pasted Mladens alert from an earlier Tma band post but did something wrong, not getting it to work.but if i get it to work will post.

Files:
new.gif  72 kb

Faust:
Firstly, I would like to thank Simba for opening this thread so interesting, as well as mrtools, mladen and others for their interesting contributions. Secondly I would ask if is possible to put an alert to Centered Triangular MA abands. I think it is a very good indicator. I enclose a picture. (2 centered abands (TF 240 and 60) plus voltychannelstop. It looks like interesting, isn' it?

Thanks to Mladen this alert now working,he reminded me that the way it works now(the alerts) it will work with the interpolated values so one should be careful when using the alert on closed bar and interpolate together (closed bar might be an interpolated value in that case, not the "real" mtf value) so now here comes the

thank you very much

Faust:
Hi,

Volty channel MTF, think this is newest version of Volty, anyway seems good.

Files:

Thank you mrtools, that's very kind of you.