Modern Elliot Wave trading using Elwave. - page 11

Spurious

GreatYves:
Some fascinating experiment! Elliot Wave analysis of a Renko chart. (300 pips bars.)

GBP/JPY

GreatYves,

I see that you used CRBs approximately equal to D1 ATR.

So,the Intermediate and minuette waves are pointing up to the 160/163 area?While the major is still pointing down...ok,my question,does elwave allow you to pick an entry in the direction of either Intermediate or major?.

My basic feeling is that fundamentals (moneyflow)are driving the crazy machine,that one of these days,we are going to see a big crash,and that,until then we shall enjoy the party,so,having the capability to enter on intermediate helps us to finetune the exits.

The actual financial model is :USD DOWN,SPX500,DOW UP,European stock exchanges UP(DAX,CAC,IBEX,etc),Gold,Platinum and Silver...UP..Crude oil BIG INTERROGANT.correlation with USD,so they may keep their actual negative correlation or just keep up going up due to inflation fears...but,in any case when this happens we can bet for the long term,until then,Intermediate is king....and,for the moment,the key to prediction is the usd.

OK,in my view,we have to focus on when the actual model will switch TO USD UP,Indices Down,TBonds down..OIL and metals have a spurious

Regards...Interestingly,GBPJPY is in a downtrend,while the stock exchanges are not(yet),while they have been extremely correlated for years....Advance warning?Just a new paradigm(with 0.5% interest in GBP,carrytrade of GBPJPY doesn`t make sense) ?

S

SIMBA:
GreatYves,

I see that you used CRBs approximately equal to D1 ATR.

So,the Intermediate and minuette waves are pointing up to the 160/163 area?While the major is still pointing down...ok,my question,does elwave allow you to pick an entry in the direction of either Intermediate or major?.

My basic feeling is that fundamentals (moneyflow)are driving the crazy machine,that one of these days,we are going to see a big crash,and that,until then we shall enjoy the party,so,having the capability to enter on intermediate helps us to finetune the exits.

The actual financial model is :USD DOWN,SPX500,DOW UP,European stock exchanges UP(DAX,CAC,IBEX,etc),Gold,Platinum and Silver...UP..Crude oil BIG INTERROGANT.correlation with USD,so they may keep their actual negative correlation or just keep up going up due to inflation fears...but,in any case when this happens we can bet for the long term,until then,Intermediate is king....and,for the moment,the key to prediction is the usd.

OK,in my view,we have to focus on when the actual model will switch TO USD UP,Indices Down,TBonds down..OIL and metals have a spurious

Regards...Interestingly,GBPJPY is in a downtrend,while the stock exchanges are not(yet),while they have been extremely correlated for years....Advance warning?Just a new paradigm(with 0.5% interest in GBP,carrytrade of GBPJPY doesn`t make sense) ?

S

Wohhh beck. Cannot compute, too much for me in your post... For picking up entry with elwave, you better wait to have at least tree consecutive wave degrees in the same direction, also to check for a good R/R, In the time frame you wish to trade... What i have done here was only a first experiment, applying elwave to a renko history file.I never thought i could export the renko chart from mt4 but apparently it can be done easily. Of course, the Primary cycle for GBP/JPY is down, and the lower degree are up. For the time span i did analyse primary show down, but if i include a longer time span it might be up, i would need better history file to check so.. better pick the tree lower wave degree, the primary is way too long to be trade effectively.

The Carry trade is obviously... dead. So GBP/JPY is no more correlated to major stock indices. Have it ever really been? Wasn't it only a social mood consequence? The fact that gbpjpy is down might be the Canary in the coal mine? JPY is up against US. All other is down against US, so JPY is the strongest currency since the credit crisis begun.. Just to show how weak all currencys really are, the strongest was almost in negative interest rate for long, literally BOJ would almost pay you for borrowing the JPY for nothing 0.

I am going to try to make sense of this soon, i will make an analysis of all the majors on renko using approx ATR(200) as box size with the longest history i can put my hands on. And also the US$ index, so might have a glimpse of what the future is for the US$.

gann68uk:
GreatYves,

I have got the trial version of Elwave 9 today. Seek your friendship and guidance on using this product. I will be going through this thread with great interest from today!!

regards,

Gann68uk

Welcome Gann68uk, don't be afraid to experiment as much you can with Elwave, get to know it. And let us know about your trading!!

Hello all,

Sorry for disappearing for a week. Business travel. It will be the same the coming week as well. 10 days has past since I bought elwave and have not used it at all for the last 7 days. What a waste of money!

So far my personally feeling is elwave seems more complex or I don't have the time and skills to learn and use it. Time will tell.

GreatYves:

FormulaOne, can you tell us witch MT4 broker you are using?

I'm using Alpari UK - MT4 broker.

Attached is daily, 4hour and 1 hour chart for GBP/USD. I will attach GBP/JPY and EUR/USD next. If you want any specific pair then please let me know.

Files:
gbpusd_4h.gif  47 kb
gbpusd_1h.gif  50 kb

Attached is GBP/JPY for daily, 4h and 1h chart. coming up next is EUR/USD.

Files:
gbpjpy_4h.gif  53 kb
gbpjpy_1h.gif  59 kb

Attached is daily, 4h and 1h chart for EUR/USD.

Files:
eurusd_4h.gif  45 kb
eurusd_1h.gif  53 kb

If you want chart for any other pairs then please let me know.

gann68uk:
GreatYves,

I have got the trial version of Elwave 9 today. Seek your friendship and guidance on using this product. I will be going through this thread with great interest from today!!

regards,

Gann68uk

Gann UK, Have you got elwave 9.1 or just elwave 9.0?

Is the trail version includes everything which costs around 95 euros or something?

FormulaOneFan:
If you want chart for any other pairs then please let me know.

Good to see you back, FormulaOneFan and thanks for those charts. Those 3 currency pairs are good enough. With those charts and those of Advanced Get, I shall be trading tomorrow - very likely on the GBPUSD and GBPJPY. I just love to short these two currency pairs especially since the Pound is under "attack" with all the unfavorable economic news on Sterling.

Regards

Kenneth