Eurusd/gbpusd - page 209

Gazmeistergeneral:
yep agreed Gaz

After these GU & EU shorts I'm out until after the News (except for the straddle).

firscall:
After these GU & EU shorts I'm out until after the News (except for the straddle).

cool.

what you up to this weekend mate?

firscall:

Out. +8

That's me until the US open.

Gazmeistergeneral:
cool. what you up to this weekend mate?

I'll go for a long country walk with the Mrs followed by beers in a Country pub. Read and more beer.

You?

firscall:
I'll go for a long country walk with the Mrs followed by beers in a Country pub. Read and more beer. You?

mate thats my kind of day.

looking forward to run tom morning then will probably go out for the day - have 2 dogs so may take them to nice country park nearby where they always end up in the river then proceed to stink the back of the motor out!!

Gazmeistergeneral:
mate thats my kind of day. looking forward to run tom morning then will probably go out for the day - have 2 dogs so may take them to nice country park nearby where they always end up in the river then proceed to stink the back of the motor out!!

Reads like you'll have a relaxed weekend like me in order to get fully recharged for next week!

On the subject of recharging, I'm off to bed for a few hours. Chat later.

firscall:
Reads like you'll have a relaxed weekend like me in order to get fully recharged for next week! On the subject of recharging, I'm off to bed for a few hours. Chat later.

no probs pal....dream green pips lol

Gaz

Stuff

Market focus is on the US NFP report and the likely reaction in the USD on the back of a good number. Will a sell-off in US rates outweigh the risk-on USD selling mode? Late yesterday, GS research revised their forecast for NFP from -300K to -250K. We continue to forecast a 9.7% unemployment rate in July. Following weekly jobless claims yesterday, 150-350k drops are the ranges most discussed. Hence, the risk is rather skewed towards the market being disappointed and with market positioned long EURUSD, we could be in for a correction lower in spot. As an indication, 1-Week 1.42 EURp/USDc cost 40 pips (off spot 1.4365). Downside to this trade is also limited with option-related selling in the 1.4420-50 aea (barriers around 1.4450-4500). Good luck.

Gazmeistergeneral:
Market focus is on the US NFP report and the likely reaction in the USD on the back of a good number. Will a sell-off in US rates outweigh the risk-on USD selling mode? Late yesterday, GS research revised their forecast for NFP from -300K to -250K. We continue to forecast a 9.7% unemployment rate in July. Following weekly jobless claims yesterday, 150-350k drops are the ranges most discussed. Hence, the risk is rather skewed towards the market being disappointed and with market positioned long EURUSD, we could be in for a correction lower in spot. As an indication, 1-Week 1.42 EURp/USDc cost 40 pips (off spot 1.4365). Downside to this trade is also limited with option-related selling in the 1.4420-50 aea (barriers around 1.4450-4500). Good luck.

looks like GS were bang on the money!! hope you all were long!!

Gazmeistergeneral:
looks like GS were bang on the money!! hope you all were long!!

oops, don't speak too soon!! lol revised may NFP has mess it all up along with factory orders etc