MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 9

I got it!!! This MT5 is going to be a huge money maker!!!!!!!!

For those of you smart enough to go buy stock in Ninja trader right now.

Todd:
I got it!!! This MT5 is going to be a huge money maker!!!!!!!! For those of you smart enough to go buy stock in Ninja trader right now.

Although I agree that MT5 will probably not gain as many customers as MT4 I don't think that Ninja will take the place. If they were such good they would be there already. I expect some new players to appear.

Bye to Metaquotes once MT4 goes offline - NinjaTrader here we come

Bye Bye Metaquotes (what is goodbye in Russian?) - say goodbye to clients as they move non-NFA/non Metaquotes brokers; that means less fodder for your crooked MT4/5 brokers that you provide devious server side functionality to.

Death to MQL5 platform - and may it be a quick death !........

R E J E CT Mt5

Hi Guys

All forex traders in this forum must reject Mt5 ,because Mt5 platform makes many problem for us.

Kaveh

well I wouldn't mind net position summary in another tab, showing all opened pairs and just one total position... but this is just for a better reporting and better realtime account status info... not the actual trading...

Lenar:
...The history of quotes in MetaTrader 5 is stored only in M1 form and all charts are built based on them....

Lenar, can we hope that this feature will allow us (traders) to build charts regardless of the "broker time" ?

I don't see any more any reason to let the broker decide when a H4 or D1 bar has to start: He is feeding a stream of quotes, we are using charts to analyse this stream.

The charts are OUR tools, and the brokers have nothing to do with the tools we are using, so I think we should have a parametrable offset (to GMT for example, but doesn't matter the reference) to build the charts we want to use.

By the way, we should also be able to merge the Sunday's bars with the Monday's ones if we like to do it.

Another point, as more and more brokers are using floating spreads:

Please look to the picture below, this is a "spread spike" which happened on ODL few hours ago.

I do not say that its a quote manipulation to clean some stops, it can just mean that there was no seller at that time, but you can undersand that this behavior may affect heavily any strategy.

As the charts are in "Bid prices", this information is stored nowhere, so I have two questions :

- for the brokers with "variable spreads", will it be possible to also have an history and charts in "Ask prices" ? I think that this would be more fair...

- As you know, the idea of a StopLoss is to protect a postion from a reversal of the market. Obviously this kind of spike does not reflect any reversal of the market, but the SL are hit and the positions closed. So something is clearly wrong and not working as it should.

That's why several serious trading platforms are offering the choice to set the StoplLoss against the Bid price for a short position or the Ask price for a long position. Here also I think its part of the freedom of the trader to have that choice.

Thank you for your answer,

Best Regards,

Michel

Files:

aurigafx:
My dear friend,

With mt5 (and nfa compliant mt4 brokers) If you open 1 lot buy with an ea and then, on the same pair you open 1 lot sell with another ea or manually, you will not have only a resulting position showed by the platform.

the 1 lot sell WILL CLOSE the one lot buy and the resulting position is not a simple report of a +1 -1 position, is reprorting that on that pair you have NO POSITION at all. This is the meaning of NO HEDGING, my friend.

Is it simple enough?

Regards

Rob

My dear friend,

I think about it several years ago too... when I deside to go to non MT4 broker (to nfa compliant broker)...

I had many EA's writing by myself and I deside to count in detail - how will thay work... result was VERY simple - there naven't any difference!

You must count it by yourself and you'll see - any combination of "hedging" orders may be counted as one-direction position at every moment...

After I understand it - it was very simple to me to trade with MT4 with nfa compliant broker... Now I seccesfully trade more that year with Oanda through MT4 and really happy...

If you see in MT4 two orders +1 and -1 it's equally closed position + 1 prepaid spread!

What mean this prepaid spread? It's mean that you MUST trade this pair even if you deside it's useless for you!

Just try - connect MT4 trough API to any nfa compliant broker and you will see - ALL your EA's will work fine... and in many cases you will pay less spreads!!!

Why NFA restrict "hedge"? Because it's FRAUD! It's very usefull... for brokers

Just imagine - if tomorrow brokers gives you possibility trade not only up & down, but left & right too - will you use it??? )

P.S. I more than shure that MT5 left order execution the same: you will see your lovely +1 & -1 but adds ones more line - "total" = 0...

If you will need help with lunch your EA's on REAL (==nfa compliant broker) contact me anytime...

Please mt5 help us!

I just imagine the number of work that has been done on the mt4 platform.Does it mean that all indicators and experts coded on the mt4 platforms will have to be recoded again into mt5?This would really be a whole lot of problems and work.Please why dont't you make it easy to convert mt4 platforms to mt5 platforms.dont allow clients to go through rigorous overhauling.

Lenar, Do something about this.

What made microsoft great was easy use of their technology.you guys may be loosing clients if you're not careful.we all are open to change but not one that would not cynergize with its predecessor.

wolero7:
I just imagine the number of work that has been done on the mt4 platform.Does it mean that all indicators and experts coded on the mt4 platforms will have to be recoded again into mt5?This would really be a whole lot of problems and work.Please why dont't you make it easy to convert mt4 platforms to mt5 platforms.dont allow clients to go through rigorous overhauling.

Lenar, Do something about this.

What made microsoft great was easy use of their technology.you guys may be loosing clients if you're not careful.we all are open to change but not one that would not cynergize with its predecessor.

I agree and vote for you! This situations might help alot if any metatrader programmers leaks some info about the backward compatibility of MT5 languages. WE REALLY NEED BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY for OUR INDICATORS if our broker insists us to move to new MT5!!!

Mt5??

Does anyone know the future of MT4? I've been noticing some ("small") talk about MT5 out there and would like to know if anyone else has as well and what that migh possibly mean to our EA's. Would they all need to be rewritten?

Please, keep in mind that I have not heard anything that would lead me to believe this will happen tomorrow or next week or next month, so in the immortal words of Douglass Adams "DON"T PANIC".

Thank you..