MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 5

Talkin' about a major change in order management that will prevent to use multiple strategy on the same account, and your only concern is "costomizing the toolbar"?

Excuse me gazza, but I really do not understand!

Maybe its me that I'm over reacting. I do not think so.

Excuse me again

Rob

aurigafx:
Talkin' about a major change in order management that will prevent to use multiple strategy on the same account, and your only concern is "costomizing the toolbar"?

Excuse me again

Rob

From everything I've seen and read MT5 SUCKS!!

No individual orders listed, NO Hedging, and INCOMPATIBLE with anything MT4.

We need to start planning for a switch to other platforms....BYE BYE Metaquotes....

One of the best things about MT4 is the ability to use multi-timeframe indicators. Using Keris and Igorad's code as a template, I can convert any indicator I want to a multi-timeframe indicator, even with my limited programming skills. Not all platforms have the ability to do this (Ninjatrader cannot, although I hear NT7 will have this capability). If you look at the multi-timeframe indicator thread started by Keris, it is one of the largest and longest running threads on this forum.

I'm disappointed that MT5 will not be backwards compatible with MT4, but I hope that it will have the same multi-timeframe capability as MT4, and hopefully will be as easily implemented. It would be even better if it was built-in natively to the platform, without even having to code a seperate indicator for it.

where can i find those templates?

Thanks

Rob

Aldente:
One of the best things about MT4 is the ability to use multi-timeframe indicators. Using Keris and Igorad's code as a template, I can convert any indicator I want to a multi-timeframe indicator, even with my limited programming skills. Not all platforms have the ability to do this (Ninjatrader cannot, although I hear NT7 will have this capability). If you look at the multi-timeframe indicator thread started by Keris, it is one of the largest and longest running threads on this forum. I'm disappointed that MT5 will not be backwards compatible with MT4, but I hope that it will have the same multi-timeframe capability as MT4, and hopefully will be as easily implemented. It would be even better if it was built-in natively to the platform, without even having to code a seperate indicator for it.

100% agree with you.....

I dont think all the trading platform must be updated to MT5 is a good news..

hope someone can convert the MT4 TPL to MT5

you are not alone. MT4 is very sound and flexible in manage various positions by various EAs.

this is a strong point that seems deserted by MT5. i cannot understand why the developers will forfeit MT4 advantages. for a long term perspective, this change is drastic and short-sighted for this platform.

U.S regulation also sucks. so if I have a fundamental long of eurusd in my MT5 account, then I cannot do a tactical short of eurusd? Forex is different from any other financial instrument for one thing:

as a forex pair, it is always xxx/yyy. it is born to be traded two directions. those who made so called "no hedge allowed" decision must have their brain kicked by a crazy donkey or sth.....

aurigafx:

Excuse me again

Rob

good news

but

there must be a module that

EA and indicator writing must be more easy like as metastock.

charvo:
you are not alone. > cut

Really? What surprises me the most is what in Italy we call "silenzio assordante", that can be translated approximately with "loud silence", on the hedging matter by other mt4 users!

I really cannot understand. Are they uing mt4 to operate one direction only? If so, there are far more sofisticated platform to use for that!

By the way, I'm glad you agree with me

Rob

Merlin from FF did invent a wonderful new word for hedging : nedging

I will quote hist entire post (might be useful, who knows, maybe our learning capacities did not go subzero yet...) :

HAHA! so the NFA finally agrees with me!!

strange that a lot of people still dont understand the underlying math of a nedge (thats a noob hedge LOL)!! the smartest traders at FF explain over and over why it mathematically always hurts your strategy, and now the NFA even comes out and says people who nedge are basically clueless!!

http://www.nfa.futures.org/news/PDF/...Adj_112408.pdf

"NFA is concerned that customers employing this strategy do not understand either the lack of economic benefit or the financial costs involved."

i will issue the same challenge here as i did on the thread where we debunked nedging...tell me your strategy, or give me a series of your nedge trades, and i or anyone else who gets it will outline how you can execute that SAME EXACT strategy without nedging, which will save you spread costs. you can go through this process yourself...look at your nedge trading sequence and figure out how it can be done with simple opening and closing of positions. it can ALWAYS be done, keep studying until you figure it out!!

btw, even i agree that nedging can be psychologically beneficial, but that benefit goes away once you understand the underlying logic. the way that nedging tends to make people trade (buy dips, sell rallies) is actually a decent approach, but figure out how to do it without the extra costs that nedging brings!

you knew i couldnt stay away from a good hedging thread

Merlin

Relax and be happy.