MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 8

Lenar, are you saying there will be no pyramiding of positions in one direction?

That just can't be. It doesn't make sense to prevent it. Could you please explain with concrete examples of what sort of positions will be possible and what sort of positions will not be possible?

jet:
Lenar, are you saying there will be no pyramiding of positions in one direction? That just can't be. It doesn't make sense to prevent it. Could you please explain with concrete examples of what sort of positions will be possible and what sort of positions will not be possible?

The reason I believe there will be no pyramiding of positions is:

With pyramided positions, you will be required to take profit or stop loss before you can trade in other direction.

Hence you will be exposing yourself to a lot of risk.

MT5 brokers (generally not traders) will be helped by this ONE position trade system set up.

check your brain....

hi guys (some of you),

let me think that your brain is unplugged !!!!

Some of you complaint about new rules (nfa) and the end of complex strategies.

Let me laugh.

If you are looking at forex, that (should) meant that you are old enough and can prove your knowledge in mathematics.

You don't understand what i'm saying ?

Forex is like a building: many doors and windows. If the mains are locked, then look at the others !!!

Simple don't you.

dino35:
hi guys (some of you),

let me think that your brain is unplugged !!!!

Some of you complaint about new rules (nfa) and the end of complex strategies.

Let me laugh.

If you are looking at forex, that (should) meant that you are old enough and can prove your knowledge in mathematics.

You don't understand what i'm saying ?

Forex is like a building: many doors and windows. If the mains are locked, then look at the others !!!

Simple don't you.

So sad and useless.

you people (some of you) really deserve to be scr..ed up by brokers.

Who said that the change in rules or in the platform will prevent us to keep on trading?

Is it possible to express opinions without you "gurus" spitting out statements without any form of logical support?

As far as I can see from the order management shown, there won't be possible to hedge orders anymore.

Also running different eas could result in a complete mess.

Just imagine if you have an ea working on a daily strategy and another working on the same pair on 5m timeframe. On a retracemen of d1 the 5m will close the position (if of the same size).

Am I getting it right? QUOTE]

You not right - MT5 simply will show truth... if you have 1.0 buy and 1.0 sell it ALWAYS ZERO position... this so called hedges is biggest gift for brokers... just think about it...

aurigafx:

Let me propose it again using eas tested in the elite section.

Imagine to have Indus long 2 lots on eurusd and, ON THE SAME ACCOUNT, sbs short 2 lots on the same pair, Gold warrior long 1 lot again on eurusd and a 5m scalper short 1 lot same pair.

The result without hedging capabilities is 0 lots on eur usd. FLAT!

I think that you agree with me that those four ea use very different approach, very different sl, very different tp, etc etc., AND, you will never know witch one is trading the right way.

How do you think you can manage a situation like this?

If you have indus working on highter time frames (thus needing space to breethe) and the 5m scalper working the opposite side on a 20-30 pips retracement, what exactly would you do? close the position flat? Or, maybe, reopen the position paying double the spread ones the 5m scalper has done its job? What if the 5m scalper was trading a false signal? Take the loss and reopen the indus position payng double the spread?

There must be something I can't understand with my limited learning capabilities. Please enlighten me with your skills and wisdom, I would very much appreciate that.

Regards

Rob

Hey Guys - this is very simple! If you can solve 2+2=4 then you must understand that hedging is fiction!

5m scalper wants sell 1 lot - do it! Indus long 2 lots - do it! sbs short 2 lots & Gold warrior long 1 lot -do it!

ALL difference between MT4 & MT5 is that MT4 tell you nothing, but MT5 tell you - sorry, your position NOW is ZERO (but he not closing any orders!!!)... you can count this 0 by yourself in MT4... isn't it? If not - I can send you script that tell you the same in MT4...

what is problem? You think that broker opens 3 up & 3 down??? you know that he add 3 & -3... right?

The Main - orders of all your EA's will work fine & (BIG +) you will know resulting position... so what is problem? May be you don't want to know truth? )

Now you agree that hedging is fiction? If not - tell me how you really can buy & sell same thing simultaneously...

Regards, Igor

Hi Lenar,

So is the plan to continue offering MT4 to overseas brokers that want to continue using hedging? Seems like there would be a large amount of hedging and non-FIFO traders left out if MT4 were discontinued.

kamuta-fx:
Hey Guys - this is very simple! If you can solve 2+2=4 then you must understand that hedging is fiction!

5m scalper wants sell 1 lot - do it! Indus long 2 lots - do it! sbs short 2 lots & Gold warrior long 1 lot -do it!

ALL difference between MT4 & MT5 is that MT4 tell you nothing, but MT5 tell you - sorry, your position NOW is ZERO (but he not closing any orders!!!)... you can count this 0 by yourself in MT4... isn't it? If not - I can send you script that tell you the same in MT4...

what is problem? You think that broker opens 3 up & 3 down??? you know that he add 3 & -3... right?

The Main - orders of all your EA's will work fine & (BIG +) you will know resulting position... so what is problem? May be you don't want to know truth? )

Now you agree that hedging is fiction? If not - tell me how you really can buy & sell same thing simultaneously...

Regards, Igor

My dear friend, if I got it well ( and the answer from metaquote guy let me think so) is not a matter of showing the resulting position (2 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 0 in resulting position). If you really need this, a simple ea will do the trick.

With mt5 (and nfa compliant mt4 brokers) If you open 1 lot buy with an ea and then, on the same pair you open 1 lot sell with another ea or manually, you will not have only a resulting position showed by the platform.

the 1 lot sell WILL CLOSE the one lot buy and the resulting position is not a simple report of a +1 -1 position, is reprorting that on that pair you have NO POSITION at all. This is the meaning of NO HEDGING, my friend.

Is it simple enough? I'm not asking if you can do 1-1=0. I assume you can.

If you know how mt4 manages positions through magic numbers (otherwise you better try to learn it expecially if you run or intend to run eas live), this should clearify you the situation.

As of the possibility to buy and sell the same thing, if your orders are not piled up but manged with a unique flag, you can do it and it is just what mt4 does at the moment.

Please, everybody. Lets assume that all of us here can do 1 + 1 = 2, ok? And lets have a decent thread discussing about what really can impact on our trading activity, in wathever way we carry it on.

Again: the situation can be managed even with a complex approach as mine is. But it will not be simple nor fast.

I just hope to have the chance to have my hands on new mql5 as soon as possible, in order to try to evaluate the product and, if I decide it is worth it, start to prepare for the change or migrate to other platforms.

Just a last consideration. If this people at metaquote really wants to do something good, they could concentrate on the messy backtesting capabilities of the actual mt4, avoiding messing up with a product that, even with all its limitation, changed the approach to forex market.

Regards

Rob

where can i download this version?

and I really think metatrader should improve its trading simulation function,I mean, to use the historical data to replay the market...