MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 3

Originally Posted by prasxz

I think broker now have 2 option using MT4 or MT5, don't worry if you have indicators or EA u can still using it

As time goes by, MT4 will be scrap the same like MT3. Last broker that I know that used MT3 is IBFX but since the NFA hedging notice, it had scrap mt3. Same goes with scrapping MT4 somewhere down the road ahead.

Lenar:

2 aurigafx: No, now there is no hedging.

Well Mr Lenar, that is just the right way to kill automatic trading. Auto trading is "stupid" (in the sense that an Ea will never have the same market "feeling" a uman trader can have and develop through experience) and thus very volatile. As I have said many times, the only way to reach a profitable auto trading is to have a basket of ea with different approach to the market, on different timeframes, and different pairs. This approach is not a "get rich in a night" holy grail, but can make money consistently over time.

It seems to me that this is just what broker (obviusly) want to avoid.

They start banning scalping, openly or by widening spreads.

And now this.

It can still be possible to trade different stategies on different time frame on same pairs, and even have hedging. Just open as many account as the strategies and double it to have long and short positions. How all this thing can be managed is bejond my capabilities.

Unfortunately, after years spent in learning to code and to try different strategies seems that will become quite useless, given the approach above.

Just consider this you people at Metaquotes: please the brokers, they are your clients, but people coud get tired of loosing money and do not have the chance to gain consistently. No business for you anymore.

Maybe its time to look around for some new platform, if any.

So sad.

Zoom

Lenar,

Some changes to zooming and smoothing on charts?

Or I will keep moving from to too small to too big in stop motion

I guess that means no custom indicators will work due to the incompatibility between MQ4 and MQ5. Will there be a tool which converts the source code or even allow MQ4 executables to still run? If not, there goes all those beautiful and colorful indicators....

mikkom:
I never thought of using another platform for mql4 (silly me!) - and this beauty has connections to multiple ECN brokers including IB! Thank you so much for the pointer!

i like to be able to choose... and its good for us, when we can watch the battle of developers

all we have to do is to whip them up

aurigafx:
Well Mr Lenar, that is just the right way to kill automatic trading. Auto trading is "stupid" (in the sense that an Ea will never have the same market "feeling" a uman trader can have and develop through experience) and thus very volatile. As I have said many times, the only way to reach a profitable auto trading is to have a basket of ea with different approach to the market, on different timeframes, and different pairs. This approach is not a "get rich in a night" holy grail, but can make money consistently over time.

We`ve changed the trading system to make MetaTrader 5 compatible with other markets, where such system is a standard. Please keep in mind that MetaTrader 5 allows working on the much wider range of markets, than MetaTrader 4. And that was a reason to rewrite the trading system totally.

Linuxser:
Lenar,

Some changes to zooming and smoothing on charts?

Or I will keep moving from to too small to too big in stop motion

hmm... what do you mean?

Zoom system works as before, by steps. At the same time, there is an additional zoom mode, allowing to use Gann tools correctly. Now you can set a ratio between date (X axis) and price (Y axis) manually.

Lenar:
We`ve changed the trading system to make MetaTrader 5 compatible with other markets, where such system is a standard. Please keep in mind that MetaTrader 5 allows working on the much wider range of markets, than MetaTrader 4. And that was a reason to rewrite the trading system totally.

Excuse me, but you probably missed my point. Rewriting the language rules is not the point (by the way, I consider the backward incompatibility with mql4 a "shot on your on foot"). The point was that deleting the possibility to handle every order on its own without matching them, will make running complex strategies impossible (and the cost will raise for the trader, dear NFA).

Just to make an example:

Let's imagine that I have a strategy that is working on a daily timeframe and is 1 lot long on eurusd. At a certain point, a strategy working on the same pair on 5m timeframe goes short of 1 lot (both on the same account).

With mt4 I'll have 2 positions that will be managed by the two different sistems. When 5m strategy hits its target, tp or sl, it will close the position letting the d1 strategy run on its own. With mt5, +1 lot - 1 lot = 0 lot. Position closed and flat.

I do understand that you want to widen the markets tradable by the platform, but the way you choosed is wrong for us traders, good for brokers that will still another traders weapon (expecially automated traders) to try to make money on the market.

Nothing, as far as I know, prevent brokers (and mt5) to continue using the same order management, at least on forex. It is a choice, witch i do not like for the reasons exposed.

If you do not agree on this very point, I would really like to know the reasons.

Regards

Rob

aurigafx:
Nothing, as far as I know, prevent brokers (and mt5) to continue using the same order management, at least on forex. Rob

As far as I know only brokers in the U.S. can not use the old structure. There is still the possibility to trade in other countries and Metasquote seems to kill this possibility. Maybe bacause NFAs comrades are not happy with traders leaving their US brokers...

Stop complaining. You should be using Metatrader for the free data which you can save in a database (MySQL or postgresql)and for executing your signals. You should be developing your systems in C++, Matlab or a solid platform that has been around for a long time such as Amibroker, NinjaTrader, SmartQuant etc. All these are cheap and are EXTREMELY flexible in the things you can do with them. Not to mention that they are very stable, updated regularly to keep up with technology (multi-core utilization etc etc). Metatrader's capabilities (I am talking about the new to come metatrader 5) are good if we were stuck with 1990s technology it is almost 2010!! Besides, none of you are making any money consistently because you keep writing useless indicators that are all a variant of the first or second derivative of price.

Get with the program, read papers in the Quantitative Finance section of the physics archives and do something constructive.