Revolutionary Trading System 50% monthly - page 5

internetgrandmaster:
i think it will stand the test of time if you babysit it during volatile news times

i will try to include starting lotsize

i didnt include it initially because i know some grredy people will increase th risk and blow their account

I understand. I know these kind of EA's are intriguing. I have been programming and testing these type of EA's for years. Wicked trends always kill them. I've been crushed many times by EURGBP strategies that can double or triple an account in a short period, but can blow an account quicker, when a trend rears its ugly face.

Carl

Martingale

I found one situation i was curious as to how your system would hold up, but was unable to upload the pic. trading the EUR/CHF on the 15 min chart, you will find an upswing from about 1.4750 to 1.5300 at 3/12/09 around 8am ECT. if you were selling short when this upswing took place, ur next short would be 5300-4750=550/30=18.

.02,.04,.08,.16,.32,.64,1.28, 2.56, 5.12, 10.24, 20.48, 40.96, 81.92, 163.84

327.68, 655.36, 1310.72, 2621.44 lot size

also...

u said not to increase lot size unless it is over 30. If you are consistently losing trades around 20 pips and not increasing your lot sizes, wouldnt you have a net loss when you actually do take your 20 pip profit?

any help?!?!!?!?!?! thanks

crodzilla:
This group of longs was a loser...

give me the date and time and i will go through it

brgolfer:
I found one situation i was curious as to how your system would hold up, but was unable to upload the pic. trading the EUR/CHF on the 15 min chart, you will find an upswing from about 1.4750 to 1.5300 at 3/12/09 around 8am ECT. if you were selling short when this upswing took place, ur next short would be 5300-4750=550/30=18.

.02,.04,.08,.16,.32,.64,1.28, 2.56, 5.12, 10.24, 20.48, 40.96, 81.92, 163.84

327.68, 655.36, 1310.72, 2621.44 lot size

also...

u said not to increase lot size unless it is over 30. If you are consistently losing trades around 20 pips and not increasing your lot sizes, wouldnt you have a net loss when you actually do take your 20 pip profit?

any help?!?!!?!?!?! thanks

it seems you dont understand the system fully

anyway, i looked through my charts and observed that all the trades were 0.01 except the final one which should be 5.12 lots

However that candle was a news candle and i said it earlier that you should babysit your trades during volatile news times or stop trading if you have just ended a cycle before the news release

so dont send me news candles anymore

both correct

Think both of you are correct, sort of. If you were caught in a short, the movement was @470 pips so that would put you on @12th (20.48lots) part of the sequence - no way would you have enough margin/funds to complete that.

However, if you go back a stage before the move, there was a short position taken at @06:30 (GMT) on the same day that would have closed with profit. So therefore, the system would have been long and the situation would not have occurred.

Its easy saying avoid the news in hindsight. There is lots of news every day.

Interesting. This has gone from "never more than a 10% loss and 30-50% monthly gains on autopilot" to "well it may work if you monitor the news."

Considering all the time zones and unexpected news in our post-credit crisis world, I guess this thing needs almost 24/5 babysitting.

internetgrandmaster:
it seems you dont understand the system fully

anyway, i looked through my charts and observed that all the trades were 0.01 except the final one which should be 5.12 lots

However that candle was a news candle and i said it earlier that you should babysit your trades during volatile news times or stop trading if you have just ended a cycle before the news release

so dont send me news candles anymore

lol my point was just that a swing like that can happen, which would result in a huge loss had your position not been closed on the previous trend, obviously more than 10%.

So what exactly are the news hours that the system should not be used??

Toccata:
Think both of you are correct, sort of. If you were caught in a short, the movement was @470 pips so that would put you on @12th (20.48lots) part of the sequence - no way would you have enough margin/funds to complete that.

However, if you go back a stage before the move, there was a short position taken at @06:30 (GMT) on the same day that would have closed with profit. So therefore, the system would have been long and the situation would not have occurred.

Its easy saying avoid the news in hindsight. There is lots of news every day.

I was just wondering how you came to the 12th part of the sequence, if 470/30 = 15.66, which i thought would be the 15th part of the sequence

im sorry, i just really want to understand how the sequencing works.

thanks

I guess if you can put a stoploss around 200 pips to avoid wipeout and take the ocassional lumps.

cheers,

blue

the original idea works since Jan2009 till todate

BUT try have a look at 2008 data feed. The idea badly in month of May, August, Sept and Nov 08.

Somehow the idea trigger some interesting thought.