_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 225

hi guys,

I tried the system 3-4 days. but, 02:16 and 03:45 hours was sold today,

asia is closed 2 transactions was closed.

I wonder, at the close of asia which transactions can be made to the settings did you cover?

position to avoid moving to the next day which should be setting?

Problem with code and MBT

MadCow:
In my haste to express my feelings, I forgot to mention that I have noticed a small problem in the public code for Your_Lucky v1e and Thunder v1.

1. These both seem to use

'Hour' instead of 'TimeHour(TimeCurrent())' in some places.

I don't know MT4 very well yet, but according to the documentation, 'Hour 'is the hour that the EA was last loaded, and does not change with tick time, 'TimeHour(TimeCurrent())' changes with broker time.

2. They also use hardcoded 'Day==5' to close trades on Friday. This may cause a problem with brokers west of London, since it may still be Thursday there. It is possible that for brokers on EST the market will close for the weekend before the closing hour occurs. This could cause a trade to remain open over the weekend. Probably a rare event, but could cost some pips when it happens!

An illustration of both of these problems is:

if (DayOfWeek() == 5 && Hour()>=CloseHour) {

RefreshRates();

OrderClose(OrderTicket(), OrderLots(), Bid, Slippage, Orange);

}

It is probable that rdb has corrected the first problem in the latest version. However, the EA must have the broker offset from GMT in order to correct the second problem. Since neither of the latest .exe's require a GMT offset as input, it is likely that this issue remains.

I am running Lucky v2b on MBT demo, and it does not trade. I think that's because the way orders are sent requires modification. Someone posted a partial fix here a few pages ago, but they used a delay between sending an order with no SL or TP and modifying the order to include SL and TP. From discussions with MBT, and looking at the MT4 docs, a simple delay may not be enough. One may have to wait for the order to fill. I'm not sure how to do this with MT4. Anyone?

Finally, to Defjam. I have programmed for Navigator, but have never converted an EA. It seems a daunting task, but I might be interested in joining your effort since it may be months before the MBT bridge is up, and it may be more months before it is stable, but I warn you that Navigator sometimes disconnects also. I would have PM'd you, but I do not have that privilege on this forum. I do not seem to appear in the Members List, so the only way to contact me is via email at sc01@scribblerscorner.com

Hi,

the problem with "bugs" in code is, that we do not have the sources (why ?) and that rdb is rarely present at the forum.

The problem with MBT is easy to solve: set Hide_ALL to "true" and no SL/TP will be placed. Instead EA will handle this itself. (good for brokers with stop fishing, bad for EAs with poor internet access.

Version 2

Hi to all, please, could someone kindly post a the v2 of this EA? I could find only an ex4 file and we need an mg4 file...or am I wrong? Thank you very much. Bodan

bodan:
Hi to all, please, could someone kindly post a the v2 of this EA? I could find only an ex4 file and we need an mg4 file...or am I wrong? Thank you very much. Bodan

yo have no need for mg4 file. becouse it is only for people who understand mg4 language...

all you need are in experts setup...

That works

J Stein.. Thanks. That worked. In live trading I would prefer to have the SL and TP stored on the server just in case I lose connection for some time, but at least I know that the EA can be made to work with MBT.

To Atlant and Bodan. Whether you need the MQ4 file depends on how cautious you are. If you just want an EA that seems to work, and expect it to work forever, then the exe is enough.

Apparantly you can get the MQ4 file by donating to the author. I am going to try. He deserves a donation in any case.

Does anybody know if v2b will work with brokers that use 5 digit pricing?

vic2000:
Does anybody know if v2b will work with brokers that use 5 digit pricing?

It will work... even with 20 PIPs.

Itr is only the question, how much money you have to spend...

thanks

To Atlant: Thanks....it already works:-))