_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 224

Wrong backtests

rossi34:
chose alpari uk it will work for u. now i have some servers running a very accuate backtest of this ea. Set max spread to 5.

with a normal pc it would take like more than 2 mounth but i think the quad processors will do it until tommorrow morning. i just testing seting of indicators.

i keep you informed about the results but it seems it is a very good ea to make constant profits even live, but there are too many f.... brokers outside and they dont fill your orders.

the only problem for every trader is the broker, nearly every broker is a buckshop that wants u to be loosing money. thats the ONLY problem.

Your backtesting results will be wrong ! Alpari UK widens spread at about 22:00. So your backtest will start with 3 pips, then using 5 pips from 22:00 to 06:00, and then again using 3 pips.

I've done a lot of backtesting too. For me it seems to be the best way to optimize during weekend with constant 5 Pips spread. These backtesting results will perform best also with 3 Pips spread.

Thunder4WD Results

Don't know how many folks donated and received the Thunder EA from rdb, but is has been doing well on the EURGBP pair. 80% wins (142 pips) over the past 2 months. I am going to try to start the EA an hour earlier during the last hour of the US session.

Anyone trying this EA on different pairs? Any results to share? Settings?

Thanks

Wayne

Lot Size

MathCapital:
Which settings control the trading lot size. In the settings, I have "lots" set to .1 and MaxLots set to 0 but the system is taking as large as 11 lot positions. What do I set to generate 1 standard lot trades? I see that the system on each trade is setting a lot size that varies quite a bit. Does anybody know what criteria the EA is using to decide on how big of a position to take?

As faras I understood, EA will calculate lot size with your risk-setting and the balance of your account. To have a max. lotsize you should set MaxLots to the value you wish, for example 10 lots.

To have a fixed lot size without MM I would try to set risk to 0.

answered my own question.

ranway:
Greetings. I have installed v2b and am running on a demo account on IBFX, but I cannot get the "Ask Manual Confirmation" to turn off. I uncheck it and click OK, but if I call it back up to verify it is checked again?? I must be missing something. Any suggestions? Thanks, Randy

Never mind, I answered my own question. This is the first time I have run an expert advisor and didn't realize there are expert advisor settings on the MT4 platform. They were overriding my settings on your_lucky. It's working now...Randy

_rdb_:
This item is delivered to the buyer... even in the Spread_Hi_Lo_v1a.mq4 indicator's script still have Indonesian language that I write for function explanation...

Guys,

Please put all the effort you could to defeat those dirty greedy ( example Quantum trader, sold on ebay etc) people out there who try to make money out of projects contributed to the community by people with good hearts like RDB. Shame on those greedy...

What has happened to this EA tonight??? I have had a string of small losses all within 20 mins! There is a cluster of trades on EURGBP all around the same time...Its never happened before.. can someone explain?

Regards

Cash Delivery

Hi

I just started to test this EA on real account. Had some issues

with spreads etc. But it looks good. Since I know rdb creator

work so much, to answer questions here I just sent you some

money ;-)

Daniel

Quantum Ripoff

I am new to this forum, but have read this thread end to end. rdb is indeed creative and generous. I have also read the indo forum "MyLucky" and the forum here about EURGBP King. The development chronology for this EA is clear, and rdb has done virtually all of the work for this, the most useful version. It is also clear that Quantum Trader is a rip off. Just look at the indicators he uses. Collectively we should be able to flame this guy. I don't know how to do it, but someone here must. Perhaps we can post in some of the forums reviewing commercial EA's.

Small issues with Lucky and Thunder

In my haste to express my feelings, I forgot to mention that I have noticed a small problem in the public code for Your_Lucky v1e and Thunder v1.

1. These both seem to use

'Hour' instead of 'TimeHour(TimeCurrent())' in some places.

I don't know MT4 very well yet, but according to the documentation, 'Hour 'is the hour that the EA was last loaded, and does not change with tick time, 'TimeHour(TimeCurrent())' changes with broker time.

2. They also use hardcoded 'Day==5' to close trades on Friday. This may cause a problem with brokers west of London, since it may still be Thursday there. It is possible that for brokers on EST the market will close for the weekend before the closing hour occurs. This could cause a trade to remain open over the weekend. Probably a rare event, but could cost some pips when it happens!

An illustration of both of these problems is:

if (DayOfWeek() == 5 && Hour()>=CloseHour) {

RefreshRates();

OrderClose(OrderTicket(), OrderLots(), Bid, Slippage, Orange);

}

It is probable that rdb has corrected the first problem in the latest version. However, the EA must have the broker offset from GMT in order to correct the second problem. Since neither of the latest .exe's require a GMT offset as input, it is likely that this issue remains.

I am running Lucky v2b on MBT demo, and it does not trade. I think that's because the way orders are sent requires modification. Someone posted a partial fix here a few pages ago, but they used a delay between sending an order with no SL or TP and modifying the order to include SL and TP. From discussions with MBT, and looking at the MT4 docs, a simple delay may not be enough. One may have to wait for the order to fill. I'm not sure how to do this with MT4. Anyone?

Finally, to Defjam. I have programmed for Navigator, but have never converted an EA. It seems a daunting task, but I might be interested in joining your effort since it may be months before the MBT bridge is up, and it may be more months before it is stable, but I warn you that Navigator sometimes disconnects also. I would have PM'd you, but I do not have that privilege on this forum. I do not seem to appear in the Members List, so the only way to contact me is via email at sc01@scribblerscorner.com

fxhst329:
it doesn't work at my brokerage... I've set the spread out to 5 and no difference...

fixed... it was brokerage issue after all