_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 84

fxdd has 5 pips spread, it won't work

habanero02:
Hi...I'm also using FXDD and recently downloaded the EA..I wanted to ask you if you don't mind...are you using the v1e or the v2 ?? and also see if you can share the .*set file.

I did some test and the came out bad (lose)

thanks

as far as I know has fxdd 5 pips spread wih eur/gbp and my experience with backtesting rdb's EAs is: it performs well up to 3 pips spread. With all higher spreads you will loose money ! (see all the discussions above about brokers and spread)

9 years of Thunder on EUR/USD 2 PIP SPREAD!!!

I tweaked and I tweaked to get thunder to twist EUR/USD's arm I like the results so far!!

Goodbye 5 pip spreads!

Test was for 1999 through 12-12-2008

Starting with 10,000.

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/55/thundereurus.gif

Files:

PipGuard:
I tweaked and I tweaked to get thunder to twist EUR/USD's arm I like the results so far!!

Goodbye 5 pip spreads!

Test was for 1999 through 12-12-2008

Starting with 10,000.

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/55/thundereurus.gif

would you share your settings?

PipGuard:
I tweaked and I tweaked to get thunder to twist EUR/USD's arm I like the results so far!! https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/55/thundereurus.gif

But it's not enough...takes really deep pockets to generate the big bucks but it looks like it the EA can be applied to the EUR/USD currency.

freemenn:
would you share your settings?

EURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)

Period 5 Minutes (M5)

Parameters ExpertName="!_rdb_THUNDER4WD_EURGBP_v2"; HourStartSession=23; HourStopSession=24;

Lots=0.1;Risk=20; MaxTrades=10; StopLoss=10;TakeProfit=5; Slippage=2; MaxSpread=2.1;

Everything else is default

This last month was the roughest spot on the road

JStein:
as far as I know has fxdd 5 pips spread wih eur/gbp and my experience with backtesting rdb's EAs is: it performs well up to 3 pips spread. With all higher spreads you will loose money ! (see all the discussions above about brokers and spread)

there's a coulple of guys that posted they have this EA working on live account on FXDD and making some profits...I posted for one of them but no answer yet..and I really appreciated you helping me...I'm aware that the problem might be the spreads but.....what do you recomend I should do .?

thanks again

Great work

PipGuard:
EURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)

Period 5 Minutes (M5)

Parameters ExpertName="!_rdb_THUNDER4WD_EURGBP_v2"; HourStartSession=23; HourStopSession=24;

Lots=0.1;Risk=20; MaxTrades=10; StopLoss=10;TakeProfit=5; Slippage=2; MaxSpread=2.1;

Everything else is default

This last month was the roughest spot on the road

Congratulations, this is a great work. I am just backtesting with Alpari and your settings and it works !! (perhaps this resolves habaneros02's problem: forget eurgbp and use eurusd)

But i'm testing only historical data for 2007/2008 (see my posting some pages above about this topic; in another thread on this forum, they said, that only 2007/2008 is real market data and all earlier data is interpolated data and therefore behaves more "ideal")

But I'm not sure what your startingHour and endingHour means, I think it's server time but which broker are you using ??

I will try to optimize trading session for alpari accounts.

PipGuard:
But it's not enough...takes really deep pockets to generate the big bucks but it looks like it the EA can be applied to the EUR/USD currency.

the THUNDER4WD_EURGBP_v2" you talk about is the one on the ZIP file on first post ??

if that's the one, what I should dod is download Alapri and load the EA, fowllow your input and I'm good to go ??

what about then....your_lucky ??

JStein:
Congratulations, this is a great work. I am just backtesting with Alpari and your settings and it works !! (perhaps this resolves habaneros02's problem: forget eurgbp and use eurusd)

But i'm testing only historical data for 2007/2008 (see my posting some pages above about this topic; in another thread on this forum, they said, that only 2007/2008 is real market data and all earlier data is interpolated data and therefore behaves more "ideal")

But I'm not sure what your startingHour and endingHour means, I think it's server time but which broker are you using ??

I will try to optimize trading session for alpari accounts.

Thank you for the pat on the back

Yes this MAY solve a lot of problems. EUR/USD has 2 pip spreads with EVERYBODY. My EUR/GBP COMMERCIAL EA can't even trade right now, because of the spreads. I'm losing money, I'm working with what I can get

I'm also using Alpari..the 23-24 is the first hour of trading I believe. 3pm to 4pm eastern time. I think.

The thing is, this doesn't kick major pips like your lucky does in the Asian market with 3 pip spreads or lower but it looks profitable. I may have to raise the risks to make my goals.

This just in,

Your_Lucky_v1e with EUR/USD 5m !

Starting capital $1,000.00

01-2003 through 12-20-2008

$1,700,000.00 in 3 years

2 pip spreads baby!!

Simple settings, trading hours start 23 end 24, everything else default. Try it.

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/55/yourluckyeurusd5m.gif

Files:

PipGuard:
Thank you for the pat on the back

Yes this MAY solve a lot of problems. EUR/USD has 2 pip spreads with EVERYBODY. My EUR/GBP COMMERCIAL EA can't even trade right now, because of the spreads. I'm losing money, I'm working with what I can get

I'm also using Alpari..the 23-24 is the first hour of trading I believe. 3pm to 4pm eastern time. I think.

The thing is, this doesn't kick major pips like your lucky does in the Asian market with 3 pip spreads or lower but it looks profitable. I may have to raise the risks to make my goals.

This just in,

Your_Lucky_v1e with EUR/USD 5m !

Starting capital $1,000.00

01-2003 through 12-20-2008

$1,700,000.00 in 3 years

2 pip spreads baby!!

Simple settings, trading hours start 23 end 24, everything else default. Try it.

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/55/yourluckyeurusd5m.gif

Oh and risk set at 50