The set files

I am using the set files from post one, did not change anything

Dave137:
What TF, What Currencies??

ex4 vs mq4

thanks for sharing, first of all.

silly question probably, but I am not very used to Metatrader:

When I try to backtest I get the error that it can not find Adaptive RSI.ex4,

I only got the Advaptive RSI.mq4 from the first page. Do I need to compile it to an ex4 file or something? (and how do I do that)

frodeaschim:
thanks for sharing, first of all.

silly question probably, but I am not very used to Metatrader:

When I try to backtest I get the error that it can not find Adaptive RSI.ex4,

I only got the Advaptive RSI.mq4 from the first page. Do I need to compile it to an ex4 file or something? (and how do I do that)

By restarting MT4 software will compile anything automatically.

Started to do a demo test on PipLite 1.5 today.

Runnung on two pairs with portion set to 2 for both. Running on Euro/GBP H1 (using set file) and USD/JPY H1 (using default)

It has been 6 hours, but not even a single trade. Is that the normal characteristic?

Using Interbankfx, mini account at 0.01 lots

Hi Kwkee, you might want to check your Journal to make sure there are no errors listed.

kwkee:
Started to do a demo test on PipLite 1.5 today.

Runnung on two pairs with portion set to 2 for both. Running on Euro/GBP H1 (using set file) and USD/JPY H1 (using default)

It has been 6 hours, but not even a single trade. Is that the normal characteristic?

Using Interbankfx, mini account at 0.01 lots

Hi Holyguy,

I've made the suggested change (attached). I've not had chance to fully test it as my history data here is terrible. Thats the next thing on my todo list!

There are 3 new parameters

Use_MARSI_Cross

RSIMA_MA_Period

RSIMA_RSI_Period

Use_MARSI_Cross tells the system if it should use the new filter code or not and the other 2 are to set the period for MA and RSI.

Please take a look and let me know how it goes.

Cheers

holyguy7:
The timeframe of the RSI and the MA would have to be another variable. This can be hardcoded into the EA. I am not sure if M30 or H1 timeframes would be best, but one or the other would probably work best. I was just using the Relative Strength Index already found built into MT4 under Indicators (not custom indicators).

Piplite and setfiles

Hi Mikeduk,

Where should I put the setfile in the MT4 Platform?

Do we need to use setfile or we just need EA "piplite" and its' indicators?

Thanks and regards,

James

newbestco:
Hi Mikeduk,

Where should I put the setfile in the MT4 Platform?

Do we need to use setfile or we just need EA "piplite" and its' indicators?

Thanks and regards,

James

Hi James,

This version is exactly the same as the 1.5 version released by Iron except that it now has 3 extra configuration params as listed above.

You should be able to just copy the EA into the Experts folder of MT4. You may have to restart the platform for it to compile the code though.

Once you have it listed in the program you should be able to use the same set files as released by Iron and then just set the 3 new params manually in the expert settings window.

As I said above, my data is no good for back testing at the moment so have not done a lot of testing with the change but its a fairly simple one so it should be OK. Any testing feedback would be great.

Cheers