E&A Standard Trading System - page 30

Volatility

Here is something for volatility.

mladen:
All one need to do (in the case of ADX_CrossesNonrepainting) is to add two lines of code :
for(int i = 0; i < limit; i++)

{

b4plusdi = iADX(NULL, 0, ADXcrossesPeriod, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_PLUSDI, i + 1);

nowplusdi = iADX(NULL, 0, ADXcrossesPeriod, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_PLUSDI, i);

b4minusdi = iADX(NULL, 0, ADXcrossesPeriod, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_MINUSDI, i + 1);

nowminusdi = iADX(NULL, 0, ADXcrossesPeriod, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_MINUSDI, i);

//----

ExtMapBuffer1 = EMPTY_VALUE; // this line added

ExtMapBuffer2 = EMPTY_VALUE; // this line added too

//----

if(b4plusdi nowminusdi)

ExtMapBuffer1 = Low - nShift*Point;

//----

if(b4plusdi > b4minusdi && nowplusdi < nowminusdi)

ExtMapBuffer2 = High + nShift*Point;

}

That is the "clean up". Nothing else does not have to be done

Since the "if block" is not always going to assign value, the corresponding buffer must be cleaned before the "if block" (otherwise there is a risk of repainting)

PS: when using ADX, do not forget that metatrader ADX is not equal to Wilders DMI (the original)

First of all Mladen my friend, you are just too brilliant for words!! Thank you for showing us the right way; much appreciate your experise.

Secondly, there are "so many versions" of Wilders DMI that I would respectfully ask you to point me to the correct one.

I have this one from iGorad to be found at: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172923/page10

Thanking you in advance.

BlueWhale:
Here is something for volatility.

This indicator is very good . It monitors volatility and tells you whether you should be trading in the current environment or not. Simple and reliable.

Cyclesurfer:
This indicator is very good . It monitors volatility and tells you whether you should be trading in the current environment or not. Simple and reliable.

I cannot open this volatility indicator in Metatrader, am I doing something wrong?

Hello All,

Sorry I haven't posted on the thread in a while. I have been very busy . First of all, thanks to everyone for all of the feedback, it has really been helpful. Second, I have been doing some modifications to the system in repsonse to everyone's concern. My first modification to the system is to the ADX. I have coded a signal, that I call Wilder's DMI Signals, based on an indicator that apparently follows the original Wilder rules coded mladen. This is the first in a series of modifications that I am currently coding/researching.

Please let me know what you think,

-DREWP

;)

Thanks for taking the time to refine your system, and be able to take constructive criticism.. ... Drewp thanks for your dedicated perseverance, to making this a profitable system.....

Advice

Hi all, after alots of threats and indicators, can you pls. advice waht is best for fram 15M? Thanks

Hi Drewp........

In post 299 U have posted the DMI crosses,based on the Wider rules, what about the ADX, and the ADX R???????????

DREWP:
Hello All, Sorry I haven't posted on the thread in a while. I have been very busy . First of all, thanks to everyone for all of the feedback, it has really been helpful. Second, I have been doing some modifications to the system in repsonse to everyone's concern. My first modification to the system is to the ADX. I have coded a signal, that I call Wilder's DMI Signals, based on an indicator that apparently follows the original Wilder rules coded mladen. This is the first in a series of modifications that I am currently coding/researching.

forextest11,

U have been a member cents FEB 2007 and u are asking what time frame to trade on????? come on man have some dignity for your self..........

MACDiesel:
Hi Drewp........

In post 299 U have posted the DMI crosses,based on the Wider rules, what about the ADX, and the ADX R???????????

forextest11,

U have been a member cents FEB 2007 and u are asking what time frame to trade on????? come on man have some dignity for your self..........

He was asking what time frame works best for THIS specific system. Perhaps you should have some dignity and READ before you try and belittle other members of this forum.