Suggestions for Trading System - page 10

Hey you all, look at this version this could be it, the way one of the ma is coded:::: SlowerEMAafter = iMA(NULL, 0, SlowerEMA, 0, FasterEMA, PRICE_CLOSE, i-1) but sometimes the signals are matching and sometimes they are not, wondering if maybe they removed either the RSI or CCI, or both. Anyway might be good if coded right!

This is what it looks like when calculated from right to left to prevent the repainting of the arrows.

The basic problem of the code itself is in the way how the following 2 variables are used :
bool DownTunnel = false; bool UpTunnel = false;

They are the main problem for repainting. Forget about it (or use macd 18-28 on a longer time frame, since it is the only sound part of it). The indicator has so many coding errors and assumptions in it that it can not be made correctly and to give any kind of reliable signals then

mrtools:
Hey you all, look at this version this could be it, the way one of the ma is coded:::: SlowerEMAafter = iMA(NULL, 0, SlowerEMA, 0, FasterEMA, PRICE_CLOSE, i-1) but sometimes the signals are matching and sometimes they are not, wondering if maybe they removed either the RSI or CCI, or both. Anyway might be good if coded right!
Files:
sidus_2.gif  21 kb

mladen:
In my opinion, you should forget about that indicator

i think.. it's true... i should forget that indicator. it's makes me confused..

but..is there a discussion to review the indicators for long term trading..

thanks before...

I think this thread just stuck up here .... though I really hope this thread continues ...

Who's someone else can contributed trading system here

Looking for an excellent long range indicator

Greetings Hard working people,

I would like to know if there is an indicator which can help to tell if the trend will not change for atleast 100 or more pips?

Thanks in advance

rookie

Two system, interesting ...

Hi rubber_ducky170,

Just about indicators.

First indicator is from advanced elite.

The link to download is here:

alb TriangularMA price zone mtf & alerts_v2c indicator is on this post. This is another version of the alb TMA bands, still using the half period controlled by the first adaptive method but the distance between the bands is now controlled by a choice of the 11 differents averages.

Second indicator is from this elite section:

TTM scalper with subSwings & alerts indicator is on this post. It is updated TTM scalper indicator with all kinds of alert posted on TTM scalper elite section thread.

It is just small summary about TTM scalper:

The indicator is looking for swing points, which means it will mark them "after the fact" - 2 bars after the fact to be precise. So if you see a bar "blinking" (forming) you have to wait for the current bar to close.

It is very interesting indicator can be used for M1 and M5 timeframes.

The thread is here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180079

Your rules:

So, the entry for this setup is when the TTM scalper displays a Major or Minor bar (swing points (they will display after the close of the second bar)) and the TMA Price Zone indicator displays a dot for the same direction. Simple as that.

The idea is to catch the highs and lows. I doesnt catch all the highs and lows, and it can sometimes be a false low or high, but this doesnt happen too often. So a good exit strategy would insure that when we lose those few we wont lose all our profits.

So, it is what I collected

I am not sure - I am able to help or not ... but can you describe about how to trade? Which timeframe? By image, or short description?

Because there are a lot of new indicators so - sometimes I confused about how to use them sorry. After that - may be - I can help with exit or to improve for example.

or you can upload template.

TTM + TMA Explanation

Sure newdigital, happy to explain... and thank you for posting the location of the indicators.

So far Ive only tested this on a 1H and a 1 Day timeframe, but I'm sure someone could add this to any timeframe to help find the top and bottoms of the chart. You can also use this on any market, but there are some markets that seem to work a little better than the others, such as all the major currency markets (i.e. Eur/Usd, Usd/Cad, Usd/Jpy, Gbp/Usd, etc.). This maybe because of the higher volatility of the major markets.

The TMA Price Zone indicator will label the tops and bottoms, but this indicator tends to recalculate (within 5 bars i think). So, I coupled it to the TTM Scalper, which will label the tops and bottoms only after 2 bars (a reasonable sacrifice). In order to have the 2 bar display of TTM you have to set the 'subswing' option to 'true', or else the TTM will display the major swing points 3 bars or more ahead. The subswing option, however, will give false signals, but coupled with the TMA indicator we can (almost) eliminate this problem entirely.

So, the TMA will (most often) display first, followed by TTM (both have to match in colour: red dot of TMA with red/orange TTM bar, etc.). It does not matter if the TTM is displayed as a minor/subswing (orange or light blue colour), or a major/swing point (red or blue), so long as the TMA dot is displayed on the TTM coloured bar, or in front of the TTM colour bar (a TMA dot that occurs before the TTM bar may not give you any points). Here's a chart of Eur/Usd with the arrows displaying entry points (you would enter when the bar displaying the arrow opens), and the black X's as ones to avoid:

I also use another TMA in a high timeframe on the chart to get a larger high/low picture (shown as the large black and grey dots):

And that's the skinny of it!

All I need now is a good exit

Here's a template of the set up:

ttm-tma.tpl

TTM Scalper with TMA Price Zone

Hi everyone,

Ive combined this two indicators and had some success. The only problem is that I dont have a good exit system. Ive tried a couple exit strategies, but had little success. I was hoping someone could help with this little hiccup The best options so far for an exit that Ive found is a small take-profit or trailing stop, with a stop-loss just below a support-resistance point.

Heres a picture of my setup:

So, the entry for this setup is when the TTM scalper displays a Major or Minor bar (swing points (they will display after the close of the second bar)) and the TMA Price Zone indicator displays a dot for the same direction. Simple as that.

The idea is to catch the highs and lows. I doesnt catch all the highs and lows, and it can sometimes be a false low or high, but this doesnt happen too often. So a good exit strategy would insure that when we lose those few we wont lose all our profits.

Not sure if Im allowed to attach these indicators, but you can find them on this website (developed by mladen and mrtools). The names of these indicators are:

alb TriangularMA price zone mtf & alerts_v2c

TTM scalper with subSwings & alerts

Thank you for any help you give

Files:
ttm_amp_tma.gif  33 kb

Trend following indicator NO REPAINT

I found a trailing stop indicator that I though might be useful. It draws colored circles above and below the current candle indicating whether to buy or sell. The indicator doesn't repaint, you just have to wait for the close of the current candle on a trend change. It follows the trends really well, with minimal loss in a sideways market. The use of a trailing stop would be a good idea. It performs really well on EURUSD 15 min chart. Merry Christmas!

Files: