Rent a Signal service development and suggestions - page 59

ElectricSavant:
I think that the RAS website updates once a day while in Beta....but the active orders update on execution....but I will wait for ND to answer...I think that when we get up and running there will be more frequent intraday updates to RAS...

I am still trying to figure out why my ROI is 60%....even after taking 2 weeks off! I think there is an error in the calculation...it should not be that high. Annual ROI is a 365 day year right?...so it must project from a current daily calculation....hehe....what happens after one year ...I do not know...

ES

Because you traded and stats was updated in 18:46:31 GMT and all your trades were closed already and it was recorded with RAS with stats ...

and (3.3% x 365)/20 ...

your 1st trade was in December 16 ... now is January 05 ...

3.3% in a day ... = 60.225 ... or 60.23 ...

The developers took the formula from AccountEquityAnalizer indicator so it is right formula.

Just found some error with ROI.

Because ROI should be calculated according to the equity, not a balance.

I already reported to the developers.

Thanks to ElectricSavant.

Yes, it is AVERAGE daily return multiplied by 365 days.

Average daily return for your ID is 3.3% now. Tomorrow it will be less than 3.3% (if you will not trade tomorrow for example).

Anyway, I found the bug (with your help) and I already sent corrected indicator for ROI so they will transfer mql4 code to their RAS programming website stats.

Your calculation may be incorrect....

a 365 day calculation would use a 30 day month...wouldn't it?..ROI is a Return on Investment....(eventhough you do not trade 30 days a month....the money is tied up...so the divisor of 20 is incorrect) Please remember we should use the benchmark with the word ANNUAL to normalize it.

The correct way is to simply use an AVERAGE daily return multiplied by 365 days. (I believe last year was an exception to the rule as it was a leap year and 366 day's would be used)

If you would like the formula...I can provide the correct one to you...or if I am incorrect...please enlighten me.

ES

P.S. For liability reasons we should use the label Projected Annual ROI

newdigital:
Because you traded and stats was updated in 18:46:31 GMT and all your trades were closed already and it was recorded with RAS with stats ...

and (3.3% x 365)/20 ...

your 1st trade was in December 16 ... now is January 05 ...

3.3% in a day ... = 60.225 ... or 60.23 ...

The developers took the formula from AccountEquityAnalizer indicator so it is right formula.

You can take credit for that ND...My problem is with the formula...

I am looking for a Banks way of reporting APR (not APY)...or an "Investments Industry Standard" which is not what RAS is using. We should be using "GAP" accounting procedures, standards and rules.

ES

newdigital:
Just found some error with ROI.

Because ROI should be calculated according to the equity, not a balance.

I already reported to the developers.

Thanks to ElectricSavant.

Great Job ND...do not use the divisor of 20 though...all days should be included like this:

((equity-$1,000)/1000)*365

Use the initial investment or whatever the scrole box says in the stats to calc with...

were looking for APR not APY....

ES

newdigital:
Yes, it is AVERAGE daily return multiplied by 365 days.

Average daily return for your ID is 3.3% now. Tomorrow it will be less than 3.3% (if you will not trade tomorrow for example).

Anyway, I found the bug (with your help) and I already sent corrected indicator for ROI so they will transfer mql4 code to their RAS programming website stats.

No, sorry, 3.3% is for 20 days. That is why we are dividing.

Igorad coded indicator for RAS in mql4 with right calculation so I've sent this indicator to RAS developers and they will correct ROI calculation on RAS website.

Let the developers will speak between each other.

For example you are having 91.23% now as I see. Because more trades were closed and the stats were updated after that.

Anyway, I reported to the developers for possible error.

Yes...now I see why it is the 20 days....

if the signal make a gross of 3.3% in 20 calendar day's...that is 0.165% per day right?

so an ANNUAL ROI would be 0.165% * 365 = 60%...which is correct....

There is no error....

ES

newdigital:
No, sorry, 3.3% is for 20 days. That is why we are dividing.

Igorad coded indicator for RAS in mql4 with right calculation so I've sent this indicator to RAS developers and they will correct ROI calculation on RAS website.

Let the developers will speak between each other.

For example you are having 91.23% now as I see. Because more trades were closed and the stats were updated after that.

Anyway, I reported to the developers for possible error.

For buyers to select the signals ...

How the buyers will select the signals to buy or to use?

Seller may be fully unknown ... trading system? he will never disclose anything ...

So, it should be ROI anyway.

Max lot size.

For example, buyer bought the signals for money. And the seller decoded to be on the top in ranking and open the trade with 20 lot size. So:

- the seller in the top;

- buyer had margic call and lost whole deposit.

Max active trades.

It is max simultanious opened trades.

For Alpari UK: 100 trades.

For Alpari rus (some sellers/buyers are using this broker as I see): 100 simultanious trades max and no more than 1 lot size summarized for all 100.

For IBFX: unlimited.

and so on ...

Just imagine that I bought the signals for 50 dollars monthly. My deposit is 2,000 dollars. And the seller opened 10 lot size and 264 trades ... Can I sleep at night?

Thus, the buyers have this information on the stats. Besides, the buyers can subscribe to one pair instead of all the pairs. In my example with 2,000 deposit ... I can subscribe just for EURUSD only, I can see stats for EURUSD only, max trades and max lot size: it will be for EURUSD only and balance/equity chart on website - for EURUSD only. All I need to do for that - just use Filter button on website.

Initial deposit size.

It is related to the buyers as well. And Filter button on website. Buyer can change 1,000 deposit to any deposit size on website and press this button. And all the stats/charts will be recalculated for his deposit size together with DD, equity and so on.

You can write initial deposit size in description of your signal such as "use 5,000 deposit size for every 1 lot_multiplier" ... but buyers will see it anyway.

Just try to place initial deposit 10,000 instead of default 1,000 and you will see that all figures/chart will be recalculated. Same with lot size (multiplier) and same with pairs.

By the way, we are communicating by email with no problem.