School of Pimpology - page 112

Sick-boy

Forgive me for not being around much the last couple of days.

Have been a little bit poorly with an excessive intake of local brewed beer celebrating birthdays etc.

I have been in the chat, albeit, sparingly but I will be back in business from tomorrow.

Please keep up the posts and questions and I will try and become a bit more organised my end.

Crude Bites Back

Pipsters;

After a good run of form on the Black stuff I finally got a kicking. Was trading a short crude and the sucker jumped 100 pips in a candle, just to let me know he was still in charge. Got stopped completely for -100, a full stake and not something I was too happy about. Ouch, in fact big ouch!!

This came on top of a rather unpleasant slapping from his mate D Jones Esq. Got hit quite hard on a reversal playing here to and clipped for nearly 60 pips.

I finished this evening with two cheeky trades short swissie and long cable, collecting 25 pips total. I ended the day at +27, but with the thumping from the Prince of Darkness at full stake my account got tanked a fair bit.

Nevermind you can't keep taking Crude and Dow for granted. I had a good run of fortune and now back to reality.

Frazzled Rockie

Good Morning

Ooooooooooh Rockdrive.

Never nice to start a week with a couple of spanksters.

At least you came away with something to show for the day, which is positive.

Onto todays action I will be looking for a break of the triangle on the Gold and a little long on the Oil.

It's not often that I am liking one lower and one higher but that seems to be the case here.

Gold is looking weak, yet Oil is looking pretty good to the upside.

Look at the 15m Oil chart. The 60m 20 has crossed north over the 50, we're above the 4hr 20 and there's quite a bot of room to the upside.

Gold on the other hand has fallen a long way lately and might rebound a little but over the longer term it definately looks one to hold if you're still in from last week.

$72.25 would be a sensible entry area upon the break of the weekly pivot.

Back later

Files:
cheeky_7.gif  42 kb
cheeky2_2.gif  42 kb

something like that

There's the break we were looking for. Not a massive one and threw a bit back at the broker with the dark stuff but that's trading.

Profit is profit !!

Files:
cheeky_8.gif  37 kb

I'm Back

Just a little post to say I've been getting the discipline under control, albeit slowly. Many thanks goes to Rockdrive.

Bagged +38 by 8:30am this morning and was left wondering what to do with the rest of the day. My target is +25. So, I snook in later and grabbed a few more to finish +60.

From this week, I've started trading 7-9pm UK time. I'm treating it as another day and only plan doing it in the short term, until the compounding on my account really kicks in (see here:https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general).

That's it for now. I'll keep you updated.

Crude has a nasty habit of doing that Rockie. Although there's nothing wrong with a good spanking from time to time.

Bill, you need a hobby to put in the time after a good morning. And drinking Guinness doesn't count. There's some good mountain biking in the Wicklow mountains.

Took the trade above, mentioned by Pimp, for average of +75 pips along with a Dow futures for +34. +109 before 930am, and hit with full stake so I was done for the day.

Gotta remember days like these when I'm searching for a trade.

Bill & Bloom - Hobby Traders

Gentlemen;

I am indeed pleased for both of you. After some recent confidence issues, we stride out on to trading park and blast those pips in to the tin.

Bloom once upon a time I was indeed a keen mountain bike racer; alas beer and old age have taken there toll. So now I just watch the cycling on EuroSport with a can of Red Bull in one hand (and a vodka in the other).

Lets remember the discipline and focus. Pips are not easily collected and we don't want you giving any back now.

Today was a little return for me. I had a sniff of Dow Jones and closed +68 (well spotted Master Monkey), and +30 on the FTSE a cheeky short. I then took a little time to do the ironing. Pretty glamorous.

I came back out to play and grabbed the Dow by his curlies at the open and snaffled 80 more and decided with a bit of money back in the account to go play with the Prince of Darkness. Thank you +50 and could have had more but after yesterdays fiasco decided that was a fair return. My favourite trade was later and I managed another +43 (Dow 9191 short to 9148).

Read all about it - Hats Off to the Rabbit; Welsh Rarebit totally creamed Cable. Well done Bunny....A most outstanding piece of trading. Not only did you call cable down correctly and to the mark; you also did the same with e/u. I had a little play and managed +12 Cable short something I rarely play with.

Score on the door +203.

The Bouncy Bunny pulped that score by some way.

Bill you need a hobby - and one that does not allow you to come sneaking back when you said you were done for the day. Your getting like Uncle Pimp and if you keep it up I think we'll be getting you some spandex speedos.......

Enough said!!

Flowerpot Rockie

Bunny - the demonstration 21.10.08

what can I say

real time calls, not only accurate levels for entries & exits, but the times that those levels would be hit - cable & euro/usd

....and she'd have us believe she got all the washing & irnoning done today too

we (newbies) are so lucky to have so many experienced & sucessful role models

thanks for this thread, the chat room & all inputs to help those of us who aspire to follow your leads

clearly need to find a suitable animal psuedinim (Bunny, Monkey, Gorilla, Panda......)

good trading all

Paul

Chat

Is the room back open!! I did not get notice, the fxmonkeychat has been down and I have been watching for it to be back up. Is it now??

thanks!!

Brian

update

Honest Bill:
Just a little post to say I've been getting the discipline under control, albeit slowly. Many thanks goes to Rockdrive.

Bagged +38 by 8:30am this morning and was left wondering what to do with the rest of the day. My target is +25. So, I snook in later and grabbed a few more to finish +60.

From this week, I've started trading 7-9pm UK time. I'm treating it as another day and only plan doing it in the short term, until the compounding on my account really kicks in (see here:https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general).

That's it for now. I'll keep you updated.

So, after taking +30 on Monday night, I came to the PC at 7 last night (Tuesday). There were no decent set ups. "Thinking" I saw one, I traded anyway, giving 18 pips back. I had the good sense, only then, to shut down by 8 and call it a night. Something I should have done at 7pm. Lesson learnt.

Thanks for the advice Bloom and Rockdrive. Believe it or not. I went for a long fast paced walk in the afternoon and was seriously thinking of buying a bike as a hobby. I'll get back to you on that one.