School of Pimpology - page 98

Bye Bye

cako:
Hi guys and girls...

i almost missed chatting with all of you

Nice to see many new people in here!!

While waiting for Japanese Tankan indexes to pop-out i decided to post a quick notice regarding the Boiler Room.

On Friday, October 3rd, at 09:00 AM UK time Boiler Room will be officially closed - finally (Skype chat was really very stupid solution for what we were using it for but it was the easiest to setup and re-connect all of us that follow and believe in Pimp's strategy).

So if there is still someone not familiar with brand new and superior chat room (fxmonkey flash chat) please contact Zak AKA FX Pimp in next few days so he can let you in. You have his email address on almost every page on this thread. I still haven't got time to pop in and check all new flashy things in new chat-room but will do it. I mean - EVERYTHING is better than Skype chat.

It was nice doing business and having fun at the same time with all of you guys.

My role in this episode has come to end, but i believe that this is the end of just the first episode of many more even better to come. Just follow the FX Pimp, believe in yourself and in his strategy and you will be fine. Oh yes, keep this thread alive.

In next few days when i found some spare time i'll do my (probably) last post in here. I'll explain what i think about all of this.

Bye-bye

Cake-men

Cako,

This reads like final farewell. Are we losing you?

trading

Wow, decided not to trade today and missed some nice moves.

Congrats to those who did.

Happy pipping,

Honest Bill:
Well done, Paul, Over the last few months I've gone from losing several hundred pips a week to about break even. So, it's all heading in the right direction. Rockdrive tells me he went through the same only a few months ago. I'm looking forward to being at his level, but for now my target is +25 per day. Do that consistently with compounding and you can turn 1000 into 365,000 in one year.

Thanks Bill,

I intend to learn whilst making money, i could have had loads of chances to go into market but instead i am reading and studying, i have got to make this work

Paul

bad results today for me

3 trades

2 losers and 1 winner total = -56 pips

Total for the week so far is + 82

--------------------------------------

I made the mistake today and got into a the first 2 trades out of excitement, instead of sticking to the conservative strategy...I guess break out recognition is also one of my weaknesses...it was several times during the around the 8-10 gmt range when I thought the Euro was going to break support but it didn't, and soon retraced....to stop me out. Same thing with the yen. I was pretty uncomfortable with Crude and Gold not agreeing at the time.

Weaknesses on those 2 trades was emotions...and predicting the market instead of reading the market.

On the other end I clearly saw the profitable trade as the euro was bouncing back and forth creating higher lows...so i took and quick long position to bank in some quick pips...

On that trade the plan was clear were I'm going to get in and where I am going to get out...at that time I was comfortable with what the market was showing me and allowed a easy read.

Unfortunately I was unable to trade the US session because of my career but that where the money seem to be today.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow is going to bring...even though today wasn't profitable...I learned about myself and will continue work on controlling the emotions...on my quest to become and full time trader

Man Down

bad results today for me

3 trades

2 losers and 1 winner total = -56 pips

Total for the week so far is + 82

--------------------------------------

I made the mistake today and got into a the first 2 trades out of excitement, instead of sticking to the conservative strategy...I guess break out recognition is also one of my weaknesses...it was several times during the around the 8-10 gmt range when I thought the Euro was going to break support but it didn't, and soon retraced....to stop me out. Same thing with the yen. I was pretty uncomfortable with Crude and Gold not agreeing at the time.

Weaknesses on those 2 trades was emotions...and predicting the market instead of reading the market.

On the other end I clearly saw the profitable trade as the euro was bouncing back and forth creating higher lows...so i took and quick long position to bank in some quick pips...

On that trade the plan was clear were I'm going to get in and where I am going to get out...at that time I was comfortable with what the market was showing me and allowed a easy read.

Unfortunately I was unable to trade the US session because of my career but that where the money seem to be today.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow is going to bring...even though today wasn't profitable...I learned about myself and will continue work on controlling the emotions...on my quest to become and full time trader

I don't understand something about these Heiken Ashi candles. Why is high on the Heiken different then the actual high on a regular candle. For example the Sept 30 daily candle high is 1.4425 on a regular candle, and on Heiken it says 1.4515 within that little popup box.

Good Morning

Morning all.

The morning posting can now resume again and as of Monday I shall implement a new time schedule so there is something for everyone, no matter what timeframe you trade and no matter what timezone you live in.

Yesterday was an amazing day for us with the opening of the new free chat which took 170 registrees. Very fast paced in there but lots of pips were being made accross the board.

Onto this mornings action, Oil and Gold looking like they want to push a little bit lower which would naturally see Euro fall and Swissie move up.

These latter two have already moved a fair amount this week already but in these conditions anything is possible.

USDJPY is a mess and needs to break 106.40 before we can seriously start looking, and this side of the pond Cable is a little scruffy too.

UPDATE Looking to short Gold through $869

Will have a look at some Yens in a bit

Short USDJPY

I'm short with Monkey at 105.66

FX Pimp:
I'm short with Monkey at 105.66

Chopping with -3, but still holding Swiss

Possible Gold

Heres the level we were looking for a break of in this morning's post.

With crude falling it could be a nice play.

Files:
cheeky_4.gif  43 kb