The Pip Nailer. Any timeframe, any pair. - page 6

FerruFx:
It isn't a price line but a time line. Price is on the horizontal scale. FerruFx

Right.

Thanks for the replies. cheers.

Default SAR settings?

I've been messing about with Parabolic SAR so long I can't remember what the default settings are. I think it's 0.02/0.2. Is this correct?

Also is the below not very similar to an MACD or OSMA? This being the case couldn't you rig an macd alert for when the AO changes? That way you wouldn't get a signal every time the alert went off but you would get an alert for every valid signal...

Calculation

AO is a 34-period simple moving average, plotted through the central points of the bars (H+L)/2, and subtracted from the 5-period simple moving average, graphed across the central points of the bars (H+L)/2.

MEDIAN PRICE = (HIGH+LOW)/2

AO = SMA(MEDIAN PRICE, 5)-SMA(MEDIAN PRICE, 34)

I just made an EA for this strategy.

exit strategy: when AC OR AO change color. TP and SL can also be defined.

Change timeframe in the settings if you want to try it on another timeframe. 60 means H1.

Link: rapidshare.com/files/207734521/Nail.mq4.html

Let me know if it works fine for some TFs/Symbols.

Greetings.

jan100:

Change timeframe in the settings if you want to try it on another timeframe. 60 means H1.

Greetings.

Thanks a lot. I will naturally give it a try.

Thanks again

FOrex37

Alive?

As other threads I watch are pretty cold these days, I wrote my own EA for the basics of this thread. Did not like the results, even for larger timeframes.

Could not get other EAs mentioned in previous posts also.

Is this still alive? Anyone trading this? If there is interest, I would help improve the system.

Regards,

This link doesn't work for me

jan100:

Greetings.

PipNailer+MA

forexmoments:
Dear all,

After receiving a number of requests to post my system onto this forum, I have decided to do so, in the hope it will benefit other traders. I welcome observation, feedback and improvement.

There are two files attached - the actual PDF manual, and the template for MT4.

Regards,

Ash

thanks forexmoments for sharing the good&simple tpl,and i add something to comfirm/filt it,it looks better :

1.zerolagMA(26,52)

2.bolling(26,2)&bolling(52,2.618)

3.4-8times another TF(i use M5+M30)

goodtrade&goodluck