Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 9

I'm not Vista user, but some people reported problems when User Account Control is turned on (default). Perhaps you must switch it off. Here is how to do this:

1. Control Panel -> User Accounts ->

2. Turn User Account Control On or Off.

3. Untick the box which say: 'Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer'.

4. Now you have disabled the User Account Control.

CRB by Michal of MQL Services

Hi Michal,

Since I sent you the last two emails describing my problems loading the CRB in my Microsoft Vista MT4 files, I have been reading your post reply above and I have made the change to the user account settings of my computer.

Also instead of putting it in the 'scripts' folder, I have put it in the 'experts' folder - is this ok to do which is similar to what Mart-Hart did?

Now this may sound stupid but after loading the CRB on to a chart from the 'expert' folder and enabling it, do I have to wait for the market to open on Sunday night before I see a change in the chart, because at the moment the 1m candle formations are the same as a normal 1m time chart?

Has anyone else had a problem downloading the Constant Range Bars in Vista from MQL Services?

I knew I should have got XP instead of Vista!

Look forward to any replies and assistance.

Cheers

Rob

Please wait for the market open. Script needs incoming ticks for updating.

If you guys wants it we could change the thread's name to "Support service of..." Sponsors: M$, MQL service...

RTB I just purchsed this script from Michal too. Just now trying to get it set up. No problem getting it out of that stupid win rar. I got that from some guitar music and now everything is in it. Anyway I just trying to figure out the best way to get this set up and with what indicators.

Testing Bar Charting Systems

I have been reviewing all the range bar information and also participated in a free week with TradingFx. I must say bar charting is the way to go, however I do believe TradingFx is well ahead of the curve on providing the actual bar charts, plus the support and training behind what they offer. Their bars are very consistent in size regardless of the pip study used and there seem to be no gaps unless the gap is actually created by market activity. They are also using a currency strength chart unlike others I have seen and were discussing some upgrades and additional options they will be providing traders the month.

I decided to join TradingFx and downloaded their charts for free and will only be paying for a specific data feed which I feel it worth doing. They did not require me to join or pay for the room access since I'm not sure I need that myself, although I do have access to the trading room for the next 2 months, so I will use it and see if there is a reason to keep that part going and will report my findings.

I was surprised when I downloaded the charts and realized all the other technical studies available and time based charts included with the TradingFx system. My downloaded version has range bar studies of 5, 6, 8, 10, 15 and 30 and I understand they are also creating a 50 pip range bar for longer look-back studies. With my experience thus far I am impressed and must say I had no intention of joining TradingFx, however their total package goes far beyond what I imagined, so I want to give their tools a honest shot. They also provided me with some chart set-ups to work with my MT4 system, which was a cool bonus. My total monthly charge for everything I am receiving is only $187.00USD.

Being a trader for over 10 years I have the experience to understand real tools and fluff, so I will review my full experience and report back to the group. Although I must again say so far I think it's clear that TradingFx is leading the pack on bar charting tools and access.

More to follow.

Lava

LavaTrader:
I have been reviewing all the range bar information and also participated in a free week with TradingFx. I must say bar charting is the way to go, however I do believe TradingFx is well ahead of the curve on providing the actual bar charts, plus the support and training behind what they offer. Their bars are very consistent in size regardless of the pip study used and there seem to be no gaps unless the gap is actually created by market activity. They are also using a currency strength chart unlike others I have seen and were discussing some upgrades and additional options they will be providing traders the month.

I decided to join TradingFx and downloaded their charts for free and will only be paying for a specific data feed which I feel it worth doing. They did not require me to join or pay for the room access since I'm not sure I need that myself, although I do have access to the trading room for the next 2 months, so I will use it and see if there is a reason to keep that part going and will report my findings.

I was surprised when I downloaded the charts and realized all the other technical studies available and time based charts included with the TradingFx system. My downloaded version has range bar studies of 5, 6, 8, 10, 15 and 30 and I understand they are also creating a 50 pip range bar for longer look-back studies. With my experience thus far I am impressed and must say I had no intention of joining TradingFx, however their total package goes far beyond what I imagined, so I want to give their tools a honest shot. They also provided me with some chart set-ups to work with my MT4 system, which was a cool bonus. My total monthly charge for everything I am receiving is only $187.00USD.

Being a trader for over 10 years I have the experience to understand real tools and fluff, so I will review my full experience and report back to the group. Although I must again say so far I think it's clear that TradingFx is leading the pack on bar charting tools and access.

More to follow.

Lava

Welcome to forum (again) TradingFX Trainer.

CRB Update

Hi Todd, my system seems to be working now after a lot of messing around. I have the expert on a 1m chart and I view the range candles on an offline 2m chart in MT4. Whether that 's the best set up I don't know. If anyone else has a better set up, please let me know. It's $3 trillion market out there, we can all make a few bob.

Linuxser, we are on the same wavelength as I immediately thought the reply was TraderFX also as the write up was too explicit and bias sounding.

Todd would you let me know if you come up with any good entry system, I will experiment a bit too in the meantime

Thanks all

CRB chart times?

Can anyone offer some assistance as to what to set the charts to?

For example on my MT4 charts of cable I have the expert on an M1 time chart and an M2 'offline' chart for the range bars.

It seems awfully choppy and hard to trade on this quick setting.

Would it work ok on say M5 for the time chart and M6 for the 'offline' chart?

Just trying to get my head around the best way of using this system?

Thanks again to anyone who can help.

rob

Which broker is correct?

Please have a look see at the diffrence in these three well known brokers take on the same event.Some ones not telling the truth 1FXDD 2ODL 3 IINTERBANK

Files:
fxdd.gif  29 kb
odl.gif  12 kb
interbank.gif  28 kb