Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 19

Possibly with the new version of metatrader that is being release, MT5, there will be much more functionality for developers. It looks like it will be very close to C++, this should allow almost anything to be coded in metatrader. Anyone know when it is expected to release?

Anomaly

Michal,

this is a strange bar, a bar >30 pips range with a setting of 10 ?

thanks for your advice.

Peter

Files:
cbr_error.gif  34 kb

peter pan:
Michal,

this is a strange bar, a bar >30 pips range with a setting of 10 ?

thanks for your advice.

Peter

As explained on my web page, range bars can have larger size when there is a gap in prices. You can show these gaps instead when you set ShowGaps input to true.

Regards,

Michal

what is the disadvantage of range bars?

range_bars_wlas_v09 has different date (below price graph) than the actual date.

Can somebody fix this range bar generator so the date and time is exactly like the platform date/time?

Files:

Michal

I am trying to confirm that EAs will run on charts that are created using the range script.

Thanks

traden4x:
Michal

I am trying to confirm that EAs will run on charts that are created using the range script.

Thanks

Yes they will run.

Crb

Hi to all!

Please look at my chart. What is wrong with my range bars?

The close should always be at the high or low. Not in this case.

Did I make a mistake. I'm using Michals script fot MT4.

Files:
whats_wrong.gif  19 kb

fxwalb:
Hi to all!

Please look at my chart. What is wrong with my range bars?

The close should always be at the high or low. Not in this case.

Did I make a mistake. I'm using Michals script fot MT4.

Hi, please circle the bar which close is not at high or low as I cannot spot it. In my opinion all bars are correct.

Michal

michal:
Hi, please circle the bar which close is not at high or low as I cannot spot it. In my opinion all bars are correct. Michal

Thank you for the fast reply.

OK I think allowed is then one wick, either to the upside or downside, correct? Sorry for the confusion.