Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 29

Do you want your broker miss some ticks?

kardamon:
Indicator can miss some ticks

You are not trading money, are you? Just imagine what a trader says to his broker when he admits that his quote can 'miss some ticks'

kkeskar92:
Thanks....good to know EA can work on offline charts too....didnt try that before.

There is one moment - convertor must be developed with support this features - working with EA.

michal:
You are not trading money, are you? Just imagine what a trader says to his broker when he admits that his quote can 'miss some ticks'

In my opinion (as for me) - what is "missing some ticks" against slippage, requotes, filtered quotes, spikes etc. on FOREX (NOT a futures market) ?

May be you have nice broker, but I have only Dealing Centers in Ukraine or Russia.

I'm use range bars 15pips (4digit) at least. Some pairs - 23, 25 pips.

I don't use 2 or 5 pips range bars, I don't need excelent precision.

One pip up or one pip down - it's no matter for me.

Thats all above - my opinion only.

I'll say it again... I find Range Bars far superior.

http://druss.mt4stats.com/

I think that precision is always relevant.... .... If not in order to track your trading results to the very point.

Here are my trades using range bars, with 2% risk per trade.

Very Superior to all Time Based Charts.

Files:
21.jpg  447 kb

Equity Analyzer.

Max Floating Drawdown 1.61%

Files:
22.jpg  88 kb

I'm trying the Renko Bars of Mr Nims . As you know the Renko bars are plotted in an offline chart , but they are too much memory consuming. I have a laptop with 2 GB of ram and when I start the Renko bars only on one Currency pair (e.g USDJPY) with 10 pips as bar size,the PC is slowing down unbielevable.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Fabio

kardamon:
In my opinion (as for me) - what is "missing some ticks" against slippage, requotes, filtered quotes, spikes etc. on FOREX (NOT a futures market) ?

May be you have nice broker, but I have only Dealing Centers in Ukraine or Russia.

I'm use range bars 15pips (4digit) at least. Some pairs - 23, 25 pips.

I don't use 2 or 5 pips range bars, I don't need excelent precision.

One pip up or one pip down - it's no matter for me.

Thats all above - my opinion only.

Fabio1:
I'm trying the Renko Bars of Mr Nims . As you know the Renko bars are plotted in an offline chart , but they are too much memory consuming. I have a laptop with 2 GB of ram and when I start the Renko bars only on one Currency pair (e.g USDJPY) with 10 pips as bar size,the PC is slowing down unbielevable.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Fabio

Unfortunately, I don't know why that happened. Try another convertor to Renko.

Hi ,

do you think the root cause is the convertor or are the Mr Nims indicators that are attached to the offline chart ?

BTW can you suggest me another convertor to Renko or Range bars ?

Thanks in advance

Fabio

kardamon:
Unfortunately, I don't know why that happened. Try another convertor to Renko.