Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 11

Wlas

da-net...

Just for testing, I have also been using wlas, the version 9.0 posted to the original thread on Mar 9th (range_bars_wlas v09.ex4). Is there a newer version? If so, can someone post it here, please.

I see some strong possiblities to using the range bars and the proper set of indicators. I also agree that it will take testing and some tweaking to fit to the right combination.

For testing, I have been using the 'MACD colored', settings of 8-15-6, with settings for RSI at 10, MoM at 14, and CCI at 10. The verticle bars of the MACD will change color when momentum changes, so you can use the cross of the two lines in MACD and matching momentum instead of waiting for the MACD to go below the zero line. I confirm this with momentum only (colored bars of MACD) on a higher frame chart.....15 pips per bar chart for an 8 pip per bar trading chart, and 20 pip per bar for a 10 pip per bar trading chart. I am using the cross over for entry and the 2 pip reversal bars for exit (2 bars closed, exit on the open of the next bar). I am still playing with settings for moving averages to cross....3 seems a bit too close for me, so I have been looking at somewhere around 6 and 10, 6 and 12 and 8 and12 for the two MA's. The results have been pretty good, though, just looking at the MACD colored, confirmed with the longer momentum, and a close above or below an MA of 6 for entry.

Another question....for tweaking sake.....do you adjust the pips per bar based on the volatility of the market? In other words, when the market is quiet, use an 8 pip per bar, and when the market is more volatile, use (say) a 10 pip per bar setting?

To keep testing a bit more simple, I am just looking at EUR/USD for now, but I am sure there are adjustments and possiblities for other pairs.......???

Thanks for your input!!!!!......

LB

from the charts that user "MrM" posted i am convinced that Michal's script generates superior charts to the WLAS, however Michal's postings have left me with lots more questions since i personally think he did not adequately address several important issues that i and others have asked. all of this makes me question whether or not his script will continue to perform superior.

as to the settings that i gave you; they are a point from which each trader should do his own research and tweaking to fit his trading style, money management and risk tolerance. the tweaks that i have done fit my style which appears to be more agressive and more simplistic than yours. for the above reasons i will not disclose my tweaks as they could harm another trader's account.

eg: with larger timeframe MAs, a trader gets more confirmation, but gets a smaller piece of the move and probably has to increase SL size to stay in the move....it is a balancing act that i have chosen to approach my way...hope you understand my position

perhaps you could send derrick @ trading fx an email and hang out in their room for a while to pick up some ideas that could help you.....my thinking with using these PRB charts is that it allows for the scalping of moves on lower timeframes and with other tools you will know when a small move has turned into a larger move and you should continue to hold your position....if it fits your style

da-net:
perhaps you could send derrick @ trading fx an email and hang out in their room for a while to pick up some ideas that could help you.....

The idea of coming to our room to "hang out for a while to pick up some ideas" is inappropriate and unethical at best. There is a difference in our TFX Pip Range Bar Charts verses the tool you are trying to use in MT4. So it would only be appropriate for users here to learn your system on your own time, and not impede on our trading and business hours in an attempt to gather our ideas and techniques for the wrong reasons. We will never release our charting codes, Pip Range MA set-ups, let alone how we created our TFXD and TFXD Signal lines.

This suggestion gives this group bad name in my book, since the idea is less then admirable and it amounts to little more then an attempt to steal. If you are not interested in doing business with us, which is just fine, then don't, but please don't waste any of our time either!

perhaps you could send derrick@tradingfx an email and hang out in their room for a while to pick up some ideas that could help you.....

Poor comment da-net, please do not post this type of suggestion again!

TradingFX Virtual Trade Floor access is available by invite only.

TradingFX Pip Range Bar Chart access is for TFX members only.

TradingFX Trainer:
The idea of coming to our room to "hang out for a while to pick up some ideas" is inappropriate and unethical at best.

Please correct me if i am wrong...during the times i was in your virtual room did you not state "this gives you the opportunity to share ideas and to help each other as a family"? if you agree with your prior statement, what's wrong with this suggestion to pickup ideas being shared?

TradingFX Trainer:
There is a difference in our TFX Pip Range Bar Charts verses the tool you are trying to use in MT4.

i do not believe that i have ever suggested that all 3 are the same, in fact in one of my earlier posts in this thread i suggested that comparing each based strictly based upon price was not a good idea.

TradingFX Trainer:
So it would only be appropriate for users here to learn your system on your own time, and not impede on our trading and business hours in an attempt to gather our ideas and techniques for the wrong reasons.

during those times in your virtual room there were quite a few people that were sharing trading ideas & systems that were not yours or your companys, or Do you consider anything that transpires between users as a proprietary or copyrighted product of your company? Or is your ego so big that you think none of your users are capable of trading outside your methods?

TradingFX Trainer:
We will never release our charting codes, Pip Range MA set-ups, let alone how we created our TFXD and TFXD Signal lines.

i do not believe that at any time i have ever asked you for any information about anything in your setups or code for your charts. there were a number of people that did ask, but i never did. you can verify this by reviewing your chat logs.

TradingFX Trainer:
This suggestion gives this group bad name in my book, since the idea is less then admirable and it amounts to little more then an attempt to steal.

if someone in your virtual trading room is sharing a method or system is the person monitoring the conversation stealing?...i do not think so!...therfor suggesting that ideas maybe obtained by visit is definitely not advocating theft anymore than someone getting an idea from a forum like this...

Did you not make an open offer to this forum in an earlier post to send you an email to try out the room? if someone picks up an idea while there would it not be a fair exchange since they must endure 45 to 60 minutes of marketing several times a day?

TradingFX Trainer:
If you are not interested in doing business with us, which is just fine, then don't, but please don't waste any of our time either!

if you remember i asked you to remove me from your email solicitation list, so that we do not waste each others time.

TradingFX Trainer:
perhaps you could send derrick@tradingfx an email and hang out in their room for a while to pick up some ideas that could help you..... Poor comment da-net, please do not post this type of suggestion again!

i was following up on your offer, but i think you have solved the problem for yourself with anyone that might have considered visiting your virtual room and or doing business with you.

TradingFX has no problem with any person visiting the Virtual Floor if they properly request a free 2 day guest pass. However why would anyone think we will just train people and share our information, when there is no genuine interest in joining our group and/or gaining access to our charting package? That is just not reasonable, or fair to our members and the integrity of our group.

Becoming a member of TradingFX is simple and we have reduced all the charges associated with being part of our system. A trader can even download the TradingFX Charts without becoming a member of the trading floor, gaining full access to our wide array of pip range studies, a total suite of technical studies, plus a complete selection of time-based charts. It's an amazing opportunity and one that works in concert with other charting tools such as MT4. We even teach some trading techniques using MT4.

Although there must be a reasonable expectation that any visitor is actually considering joining TradingFX after a proper evaluation and not just using our trainers for personal gain with no honest interest. Anything less is unreasonable.

michal:
I saw your charts once and they are not correct. A gap to a new bar should always be in the direction of the previous bar. On your chart this is not a case in 100%, sometimes a new bar opens after a gap opposite to the last bar. This indicate that you still have some problems and are not using CBR algorithm after all.

You are mistaken Michal and not at all correct on almost every comment you have made regarding systems that are not your own. I wish you would handle these comparisons differently and more objectively (I'm also in the FXAW forum and you have handled comments you don't like there in the same manner). I like using MT4, however your CRB are not nearly as developed, nor as accurate as the TFX system, which you refuse to accept or admit. I'm not sure what you viewed or think you saw but it is not the system I am using. Although since you are not a trader yourself, I don't expect you to understand the real world aspects that make the true difference.

Regardless what you and Linuxser think I do not work for TFX or anyone for that matter, yet you guys give me an infraction for spam, which is off-base at best. My name is Steve Harper and I am a private trader/investor based in Missouri, while TFX and their team are based in California and somewhere on the east coast too (please check my IP address or give me a call directly Linuxser). After testing both systems for myself, I make a simple honest comment and question the incorrect statements being posted in the forum, and you guys quickly move against me with no opportunity to discuss or hear my side. WOW! What is up with that gentlemen? How may I rebut or respond to the infraction and how could what I posted be considered spam?

LavaTrader:
I'm also in the FXAW forum and you have handled comments you don't like there in the same manner.

You probably don't understand how CRB should look like. These two items are not correct in your charts if you want to call them range bars:

1. In your bars close of the bar can be different than high or low. This is not possible in correct CRB implementation.

2. In your bars a gap opening a new bar is not always in the direction of the previous bar.

Please, if you want to discuss with me address these technical issue and not your personal problems.

LavaTrader:
Although since you are not a trader yourself, I don't expect you to understand the real world aspects that make the true difference.

At least you should read my profile. I'm not only a trader but I'm also paying my bills from FX activity. This makes me professional according to the definition of 'profession'.

da-net:
from the charts that user "MrM" posted i am convinced that Michal's script generates superior charts to the WLAS, however Michal's postings have left me with lots more questions since i personally think he did not adequately address several important issues that i and others have asked. all of this makes me question whether or not his script will continue to perform superior.

I've answered all your questions. Not only me but others tried too. Perhaps there some questions which you did not ask and expecting to get an answer?

I am going to defend Michal, as I defended him also in the FXAW forum. For the sake of this being the last time I ever post about and or in Pip Range Chart Threads- STOP attacking Michael.

TFX System and Michal range script are obviously two DIFFERENT perspectives of what a Pip Range Chart is. Although, I have very little experience and or bothered to read what exactly the definition is- the pip range charts that were shown on the FXAW forum DO not look consistent to the understanding of what a "PIP RANGE" is.

So stop attacking, and honestly- find something better to do. TFX has obviously created another definition of Pip Range Charts and have made it on their own. To each their own, and grow up please. TFX charges a ridiculous amount of money for their subscription fee, so either way I'm discouraged. I believe Michal has done a considerable job CONSIDERING MQL's coding limitations.

LavaTrader:
You are mistaken Michal and not at all correct on almost every comment you have made regarding systems that are not your own. I wish you would handle these comparisons differently and more objectively (I'm also in the FXAW forum and you have handled comments you don't like there in the same manner). I like using MT4, however your CRB are not nearly as developed, nor as accurate as the TFX system, which you refuse to accept or admit. I'm not sure what you viewed or think you saw but it is not the system I am using. Although since you are not a trader yourself, I don't expect you to understand the real world aspects that make the true difference. Regardless what you and Linuxser think I do not work for TFX or anyone for that matter, yet you guys give me an infraction for spam, which is off-base at best. My name is Steve Harper and I am a private trader/investor based in Missouri, while TFX and their team are based in California and somewhere on the east coast too (please check my IP address or give me a call directly Linuxser). After testing both systems for myself, I make a simple honest comment and question the incorrect statements being posted in the forum, and you guys quickly move against me with no opportunity to discuss or hear my side. WOW! What is up with that gentlemen? How may I rebut or respond to the infraction and how could what I posted be considered spam?