Simple Trend Follower System - page 10

using Wilders DMI in an EA

Hi Linuxuser,

I've been using the DMI/ADX indicator manually and now I'd like to use it in an EA, basically to use as an entry condition, eg if ADX>25 trade allowed, otherwise trade blocked.

Can you tell me how to code that in my EA so that I get the ADX/PDI/MDI variables back into my EA? I gather I need to use the iCustom() command? I know it's pretty straight forward but I'm a beginner and this is a little bit beyond my knowledge...

Regards,

Couso.

Couso:
Hi Linuxuser,

I've been using the DMI/ADX indicator manually and now I'd like to use it in an EA, basically to use as an entry condition, eg if ADX>25 trade allowed, otherwise trade blocked.

Can you tell me how to code that in my EA so that I get the ADX/PDI/MDI variables back into my EA? I gather I need to use the iCustom() command? I know it's pretty straight forward but I'm a beginner and this is a little bit beyond my knowledge...

Regards,

Couso.

I'm working on the EA, just wait a few days.

Fair enough, but I already have a basic (quite immature) EA based on MA crosses that I'm just trying to improve step by step. I think it will be a lot more successful if I stick in that enabling signal based on the Wilders indicator you supplied.

Does this look close?

double TradeEnable1=iCustom( NULL,0,"WildersDMI_v1.2",MODE_ADX,0); // the variable ADX inside the indicator

double TradeEnable2=iCustom( NULL,0,"WildersDMI_v1.2",MODE_PDI,0); // variable PDI and MDI inside the indicator

double TradeEnable3=iCustom( NULL,0,"WildersDMI_v1.2",MODE_MDI,0);

It's a bit clumsy trying to read other people's examples and join the dots, but that's pretty much how I have to teach myself the mql language. I don't have any C background ( I learnt Basic on an Apple 2E in a previous lifetime!!)

Thanks for your contributions here, I'm learning heaps, I think,

Couso

Couso:
Fair enough, but I already have a basic (quite immature) EA based on MA crosses that I'm just trying to improve step by step. I think it will be a lot more successful if I stick in that enabling signal based on the Wilders indicator you supplied.

Does this look close?

double TradeEnable1=iCustom( NULL,0,"WildersDMI_v1.2",MODE_ADX,0); // the variable ADX inside the indicator

double TradeEnable2=iCustom( NULL,0,"WildersDMI_v1.2",MODE_PDI,0); // variable PDI and MDI inside the indicator

double TradeEnable3=iCustom( NULL,0,"WildersDMI_v1.2",MODE_MDI,0);

It's a bit clumsy trying to read other people's examples and join the dots, but that's pretty much how I have to teach myself the mql language. I don't have any C background ( I learnt Basic on an Apple 2E in a previous lifetime!!)

Thanks for your contributions here, I'm learning heaps, I think,

Couso

eg:

double Var1 = iCustom(NULL,0,"WildersDMI_v1.1",MA_Length,DMI_Length,ADX_Length,ADXR_Length,0,1);

very good

Hello everybody.

This is very good system i will start to try today..

I hope i can win a small money

Some time without post here and btw, still on short side.

Files:

hi linuxser, on your dmi/macd system....when does one actually enter the trade?

does one wait for adx to rise above 25 after a dmi crossover to execute trades?

or does one wait for adx to rise above 20 based on igorad's dmi indicator?

or enter based on 'extreme point rule'?

have read your pdf but still a little confused with entries....tks.

Good!

Linuxser:
My favourite is the Advanced: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178666

Too many systems . I jump from one to another just for fun or convenience.

But years later I've learned there is no much difference between systems.

Difference is the approach and traders logic combined with traders eye.

Hi LINUX and crowd!

Excellent words above!

It is excellent for me to know there are more people who know that more you give, more you get!

Have fun,

Respect ,

Simon

Chistabo:
Hi LINUX and crowd!

Excellent words above!

It is excellent for me to know there are more people who know that more you give, more you get!

Have fun,

Respect ,

Simon

There is new school (few by the moment) thinking TA it's over valuated. Less indicators and more common sense mixed with fundamentals believing only on supply and demand.

Did indicators saw subprime mortage problems? Just few economist.

Did computerized strategies sight bank problems? That strategies was cause.

However, this approach to market based on fundamentals is highly complicated. But can resume to 101 economy which is an non exact science.

Test of mladen newest DMX against oldie DMI

Looks fine, less noise. However, the problem I see is the lack of some kind of ADX to keeps us on the right side/

Files: