madopter It will be made

Any news about this indicator?

DSS of Adv.Kaufmann Ama + Donchain ON CHART

Has it been done? I can´t find it.

Gfuchs:
Any news about this indicator?

DSS of Adv.Kaufmann Ama + Donchain ON CHART

Forwarding:

Can we please have a DSS of Adv. Kaufmann Ama + Donchian on chart?

Thanks in advance!

Is anyone aware of an indicator what will change the background color between two GMTs? If it draws a vertical line, that would work too but the background would definitely be easier to see. Thanks.

madopter:
Is anyone aware of an indicator what will change the background color between two GMTs? If it draws a vertical line, that would work too but the background would definitely be easier to see. Thanks.

madopter

We can get automatically your local PC GMT. but there is no way how we can find out automatically the brokers GMT and without knowing their correlation, it can not be done

mladen:
madopter We can get automatically your local PC GMT. but there is no way how we can find out automatically the brokers GMT and without knowing their correlation, it can not be done

Oh I get it. Well, the local PC GMT would also work just fine for what I need (whether it's via a background color or, vertical lines)

I apologize in advance if I sound like a needy SOB (with all the requests haha) but in manual trading visual testing I'm seeing a benefit in placing a (simultaneous) market orders of buy and sell, which would ideally get manually closed at different times -- if the forum programming geniuses (mladen or mrtools) see a benefit, please create this tool. This tool may be a script or perhaps a button on the chart itself, that would be clickable. The lot size would be a parameter but there is no need for TP or SL parameters as I would manually modify it.

Update: No need to create such tool as I found what I need after some digging. I haven't fully tested it but it doesn't seem to do any funny business after restarting MT4, or replacing the closed order after manual close, etc. I have not tested it to trust this tool so test it first if you're going to use it. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the source code but I found it here without needing to register as a member (post #4): Open Long and Short Order simultaneously

madopter:
Oh I get it. Well, the local PC GMT would also work just fine for what I need (whether it's via a background color or, vertical lines)

madopter

The problem is the following : I can get your PC's GMT. But since the code does not have idea about your broker GMT it can not know where to draw lines (I assume that you mean a midnight line on a chart). It can only be done if you enter brokers gmt manually - but then you have to change that parameter in each case when you change a broker

mladen:
madopter The problem is the following : I can get your PC's GMT. But since the code does not have idea about your broker GMT it can not know where to draw lines (I assume that you mean a midnight line on a chart). It can only be done if you enter brokers gmt manually - but then you have to change that parameter in each case when you change a broker

Oh that would be fine, it's no problem to add the broker server time manually in GMT+0. I'm using IC Markets so their server is on GMT+2. In other words, if I want to visually backtest starting at Frankfurt (0700 GMT) and ending 12 hours later (1900 GMT), then in this indicator I'd input 0900 to 2100.

It would be excellent if this partition on the chart could be "drawn" as a background?

I would owe big time to anyone could help me implement logging of alert messages to a text file.

I have been trying

extern string logFile = "C:\Alerts.txt";[/PHP]

as input, then

int handle = FileOpen(logFile,FILE_TXT|FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE);

inside initialization section and

[PHP]if (handle >= 1) FileWrite(handle, message);

in the alert section, but it doesn't seem to work. What is to be done?

Thank you in advance.

rowish:
I would owe big time to anyone could help me implement logging of alert messages to a text file.

I have been trying

extern string logFile = "C:\Alerts.txt";[/PHP]

as input, then

int handle = FileOpen(logFile,FILE_TXT|FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE);

inside initialization section and

[PHP]if (handle >= 1) FileWrite(handle, message);

in the alert section, but it doesn't seem to work. What is to be done?

Thank you in advance.

rowish

Metatrader file functions do not allow using folders other than experts\files for build 509 or mql4\files with the new metatrader 4. For being able to use any folder of your PC you would need to use windows API low level file functions.

Is it necessary that you save it at C: drive? If not, simple leave out the "C:\" part from logFile variable and you will find the "Alerts.txt" file in the mql4\files folder