Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 88

mladen:
Go to tools->options->charts and in "Max bars in chart" set the value to 5000

I got that 5000 and disconnected everything above H4 from small timeframes, so it works.

Another issue is interpolation of the last point. Could you make it interpolate into the future into the distance of the unfinished bar on a higher timeframe? otherwise that looks pretty ugly sometimes.

Metatrader7:
I got that 5000 and disconnected everything above H4 from small timeframes, so it works. Another issue is interpolation of the last point. Could you make it interpolate into the future into the distance of the unfinished bar on a higher timeframe? otherwise that looks pretty ugly sometimes.

That would be extrapolation already Anyway : it might be ugly sometimes but the data is correct. If the data should be extrapolated into future we would need to a) add more buffers b) distort the current value (make it not correct) or if we do it by shifting then all the values when the indicator is called from other code would show wrong values for the bar required. In my opinion, better that we have correct values than to strive for beauty

mladen:
That would be extrapolation already Anyway : it might be ugly sometimes but the data is correct. If the data should be extrapolated into future we would need to a) add more buffers b) distort the current value (make it not correct) or if we do it by shifting then all the values when the indicator is called from other code would show wrong values for the bar required. In my opinion, better that we have correct values than to strive for beauty

If you interpolate through the open instead of close, last point would be horizontal on mtf.

hello sir,

I hope I am not bothering you too much. The attached indicator is missing numerical values in Data Window.

Once a section from periodBegin to periodEnd becomes completed, the highest high and the lowest low will be determined. The values (the highest high, the lowest low) are to be displayed on Data Window from candle “A” which occurs immediately after periodEnd. The values of the highest high and the lowest low are expressed as Upper Line and Lower Line, respectively. These values are to be displayed until candle “B” which is BoxEnd on Data Window. These can be cumbersome and inefficient but please regard them as passion and interest for learning.

Thanks in advance,

davidoh:
hello sir,

I hope I am not bothering you too much. The attached indicator is missing numerical values in Data Window.

Once a section from periodBegin to periodEnd becomes completed, the highest high and the lowest low will be determined. The values (the highest high, the lowest low) are to be displayed on Data Window from candle “A” which occurs immediately after periodEnd. The values of the highest high and the lowest low are expressed as Upper Line and Lower Line, respectively. These values are to be displayed until candle “B” which is BoxEnd on Data Window. These can be cumbersome and inefficient but please regard them as passion and interest for learning.

Thanks in advance,

davidoh

It is because it does not uses buffers at all but it uses only objects. Values of objects are not visible in data window

hello fellows,

Is there anyone who help me on post #879, please?

it maybe will take about 10years to learn skills and code(?) by myself.

waiting for your help,

david

davidoh:
hello fellows,

Is there anyone who help me on post #879, please?

it maybe will take about 10years to learn skills and code(?) by myself.

waiting for your help,

david

david

Did you read this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178397/page59 ?

mladen:
david Did you read this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178397/page59 ?

yes, you're right.

Not visible in data window...

and it needs more cumbersome work, but I wonder if it is possible or not.

if there is a way, I'll do that.

david

davidoh:
yes, you're right.

Not visible in data window...

and it needs more cumbersome work, but I wonder if it is possible or not.

if there is a way, I'll do that.

david

david

Here is a version that has those additional buffers. You have to test if the value is not EMPTY_VALUE (since where there is no object value there will be no value in the buffer either)

mladen:
Metatrader7

Try out this version

It uses objects for drawing the fill instead of buffers. Visual appearance would be exactly the same if buffers were to be used. You have an option to turn the fill on and of

Could you please add an option to variables to change paint scheme on envelopes same way as the middle line when going UP - one color, Down another.

Let's call the current Band paint scheme 0- default, when upper band is always one color, lower band another color.

Then Band paint scheme 1- changing bands colors same way as the middle line while painting upper and lower band same color.

Theoretically another paint version is possible - Band paint scheme 2 - reversing band color.

When UP- lower band Green, upper band - Red,

When Down - lower band Red, upper band - Green.

I am thinking how to make a setup more visual...