Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 75

Stopreversal EA

Does anyone know if there's a stopreversal EA out there that would work with this code? I'm intrigued by these signals but am having trouble finding an EA that will work with it.

I'd like to have TP, SL, and Trail options on it with true/false settings and to close position if the signal changes.

Files:

Where am i going wrong at? mql programming

I need a hand with this code, please keep it in the elite section as i believe there are better coders here but i did not see where there is any place for coding help in the expert section

Below you will see some code im using to try to figure out the highest and lowest distance from the current moving average im using, but for some reason its not grabbing the highest value its grabbing any value as it changes, where am i going wrong at?

the values inside of HDist array should always increase if the current distance is higher than the last highest distance

the values inside of LDist array should always decrease if the current distance is lower than the last lowest distance

defined where externs are

double h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,h7,h8,h9,h10;

double l1,l2,l3,l4,l5,l6,l7,l8,l9,l10;

inside start();

double ma0 = iMA(Symbol(),0,1,0,0,0,0);

double ma1 = iMA(Symbol(),0,MA1,0,Mode1,0,0);

double ma2 = iMA(Symbol(),0,MA2,0,Mode2,0,0);

double ma3 = iMA(Symbol(),0,MA3,0,Mode3,0,0);

double ma4 = iMA(Symbol(),0,MA4,0,Mode4,0,0);

double ma5 = iMA(Symbol(),0,MA5,0,Mode5,0,0);

double ma6 = iMA(Symbol(),0,MA6,0,Mode6,0,0);

double ma7 = iMA(Symbol(),0,MA7,0,Mode7,0,0);

double ma8 = iMA(Symbol(),0,MA8,0,Mode8,0,0);

double ma9= iMA(Symbol(),0,MA9,0,Mode9,0,0);

double ma10= iMA(Symbol(),0,MA10,0,Mode10,0,0);

double dist1 =(ma0 - ma1)*1000;

double dist2 =(ma0 - ma2)*1000;

double dist3 =(ma0 - ma3)*1000;

double dist4 =(ma0 - ma4)*1000;

double dist5 =(ma0 - ma5)*1000;

double dist6 =(ma0 - ma6)*1000;

double dist7 =(ma0 - ma7)*1000;

double dist8 =(ma0 - ma8)*1000;

double dist9 =(ma0 - ma9)*1000;

double dist10 =(ma0 - ma10)*1000;

make an array of the values

//-------------------Current Distance

Dist[0]=dist1; Dist[1]=dist2; Dist[2] =dist3; Dist[3] =dist4; Dist[4] =dist5;

Dist[5]=dist6; Dist[6]=dist7; Dist[7] =dist8; Dist[8] =dist9; Dist[9] =dist10;

//-------------------Highest Distance

HDist[0]=h1; HDist[1]=h2; HDist[2] =h3; HDist[3] =h4; HDist[4] =h5;

HDist[5]=h6; HDist[6]=h7; HDist[7] =h8; HDist[8] =h9; HDist[9] =h10;

//-------------------Lowest Distance

LDist[0]=l1; LDist[1]=l2; LDist[2] =l3; LDist[3] =l4; LDist[4] =l5;

LDist[5]=l6; LDist[6]=l7; LDist[7] =l8; LDist[8] =l9; LDist[9] =l10;

loop

for(int a = 0; a < 10; a++){

if(Dist[a]>HDist[a]){HDist[a]=Dist[a];}

if(Dist[a]<LDist[a]){LDist[a]=Dist[a];}

}

EA to get eSignal feed to MT4?

Hi,

is there any EA to get an e-Signal feed to MT4?

Or generally any other tick form feed apart from MT4 brokers that MT4platform is coming with?

Thanks,

Athan

how can i use the Expert advisor to send an email for me for an alert

how can i use the Expert adviser to send an email for me for an alert using the EA script

in other word

is there a way to order the EA to send an email automatically as an alert please ?

Files:
emba.mq4  13 kb
statement8.htm  381 kb

As you know martingale will nearly "always" get you a margin call it's just a matter of time. I would like to suggest for your own benefit to have a coder change the lot sizes to " adjustable custom lot sizes". Then you can test with your own custom size lot progression. I would suggest starting off with something safe such as a progression that looks something like this....... .01 .02 .03 .04 .05 .06 .07 .08 .09 .1 .11 .12 With that kind of slow progression you are able to handle the market going against you much further. Also change the pipstep between trades to 30-75 pips or thereabouts. That type of progression will allow you to sleep better but you will not get rich overnight and that is the problem with most traders ie. they would rather risk an account and get a margin call and run out of money rather than take several years to accumulate wealth. Most of us traders learn the hard way. My two cents. cheers, goldensight

EA help

Thank you Goldensight.

Is there anyone here that could alter the code with Goldensight's suggestion for me in this forum ? Is there a certain section here that I should be asking this in ?

I am not after overnight riches at all, I would much prefer to have a successful EA and make little and often and build up gradually.

Also can anyone recommend any EA's that work on a 5 min chart for EUR/USD and that does not require a huge bank ? I would be looking at maybe a $1000 bank. I would prefer a scalping style EA but would also like to look into other styles if other traders have experience of others that are regarded as successful.

Many thanks

Cofton

Ea

Well it did indeed bomb. Made a colossal amount in 2 weeks and lost it all in less than a day ! A valuable lesson learned, thank goodness for demo accounts and forums .

A lesson learned and my research continues

Cofton

Stop Reverse EA

I had an EA written for me that I wanted to throw out there and see if anyone has some advice. I feel like this one is pretty 'close' but needs a little optimization and brainstorming. Check out these results on USDJPY M30. I realize that the modeling quality is not great on these results, so that's part of the reason I'm looking for advice. The winning % is not great at about 40% but that's what I'm shooting for here--relatively low average with a lot of home runs that make it highly profitable.

The basic strategy is this:

1) Buy/sell based on the stop reversal signal arrow. I think there's a lot of potential with these arrows and really like those. One unit for the signal.

2) Check if the arrow agrees with the direction of Elliott Wave Oscillator and Mega Trend with 144 period, and if so open three units instead of only one. The reason I put this in is because I wanted to 'reward' a signal for agreeing with somewhat of a short-term and longer term trend making it a greater probability trade.

3) Manage the stop loss according to the ATRM yellow dotted line.

The EA itself appears to do what it's supposed to do. The problems I'm seeing with it:

1) False signals--obviously this is a problem with most automation but wondering if anyone has any idea how to reduce them.

2) Look at the picture I'm including in the file. Sometimes the signal arrow picks up on a great signal, but just barely knicks the stop line while the trend is still hot. Looking for ideas to either reduce these or to reenter the position if the next bar starts heading upwards.

Any thoughts?

Files:

Looking for a high "R" EA

Hi,

I am getting tired of EAs which have wide stops or worse use martingales. Every time I take a loss with one of these systems, it takes a large chunk out of my account.

I am on the hunt for a "profitable" EA which has a high "R" value, meaning that the typical profit is much larger than the typical loss. Such an EA is likely to have a lower than 50% win rate and an equity curve that looks like a stair case, where each loss takes a small nibble out of the account and when it takes a win it adds to the account with a small step. Occasionally the system will hit a 10 bagger and you will see a big step in the equity curve. My best guess is such a system is likely to trade breakouts to get high R situations and then use an aggressive trade management strategy (e.g. pyramiding, trailing stops, indicator based stops, etc) to get the most out of the trade.

Has anyone seen such an EA?

thanks in advance, Caprica