Join the Dots. - page 32

mjramos76:
So far it is looking pretty good. Although I somehow caught the once in a blue moon of trades that lasted over 24 hours. Initially, I was running the original EA and have just put on the new version with a corrected stop loss. Effectively, I'm running it OOTB with a 500 pip stop. Mark

==========================================

GOOD LORD !

ask for some feedback and they show up with 8 X 10 glossies with circles and arrows !

THIRDSECTOR --- its a purely time based trade that you take at least 45 mins before the market reversal period, in any market you wish or all of them.

I cheat by looking at the 5 min chart to see if i have enough "headroom" for the long side to complete easily before the reversal, and the same if the trend is down. In other words, i check support and resistance to make sure the trade that is presently going with the trend has enough room to make profit before it reverses. "sometimes" you can use the 15 min chart, but often the 15 wont complete before the reversal given 45 minutes to do so -- sometimes it will !

Once the reversal hits, the opposite side of the hedge will most certainly be taken out because of the range of GU.

MARK --- I also got caught in the overnite trade because the downtrend was SO strong that there never was a reversal at all, but true to forex, there HAD to be a reversal, so the next day all was well again. The 10 pip hedge gave me more drawdowns, which is why i went to this version ------ I tend to be able to handle some significant drawdowns, but most of you cant, so a smaller pip range solves the problem and leaves the profit ( i just double the lots)

SO WHERE WERE YOUSE PEOPLES ??

LOL

mp

Hi Simon,

Which is that indicator that shows fib levels, can you post

that please or direct me to where I can find.

Thanks.

Mukesh

LRC's -- forgot !

NONE that i have found are really much good, but one called Regression_Channel does a decent job

I personally hand draw them using the LRC tool in MT4 and if you SAVE the chart as a template, wonder of wonders --- the LRC remains and moves with the prices, illustrating continuing trends.

if you choose to hand draw them, theres a really neato way to do it that should keep you on the right side of the trend !

ps --- you snuck in Heiken Ashi Candles on that there chart also --- theyre neat but as youve no doubt discovered, MUST be used with s+r exit points or you miss your exits easily !

oh yeah --- i "think" my MACD/MA indicator is easier to work with than your "war" indicator. Granted, its mine so i care about it but take a look at the same period of time on the MACD. The red, yellow and blue (places hand over heart ! lines rising at a 55degree angle are the LRC's i mentioned above.

mp

Files:

mp6140:
LRC's -- forgot !

I personally hand draw them using the LRC tool in MT4 and if you SAVE the chart as a template, wonder of wonders --- the LRC remains and moves with the prices, illustrating continuing trends.

if you choose to hand draw them, theres a really neato way to do it that should keep you on the right side of the trend !

Explain in little more detail please?

Thanks

Wayne

KaMpeR:
Explain in little more detail please?

Thanks

Wayne

=================================================

well of course i was gonna explain, but wanted to whet the appetite first and have all the rookies groveling at my feet, begging for the information.

but it is midnite, the mkt has reversed and my pillow (if i can get my ferret off of it) is looking more and more inviting by the second, so the groveling and begging must wait.

enjoy

mp

Here ya go - autofibs

Mukesh:
Hi Simon,

Which is that indicator that shows fib levels, can you post

that please or direct me to where I can find.

Thanks.

Mukesh

I like these too - nice and clean...

simon

Files:

thirdsector:
I like these too - nice and clean... simon

Simon,

Thanks for the indi...but seems to have some errors,

please see attached screenshot.

Mukesh

Files:
sh_1026.gif  3 kb
sh_1027.gif  7 kb

Hedge

Do you guys think most brokers will have an issue with the 5 pip hedge calling it scalping?

Semafor

thirdsector:
Some more indies that may help - see screenshot.... simon

Simon - what is the 3 Level ZZ Semafor2, and how does it differ from the original?

Also, did you know FXBS has made a MTF version of Semafor, so that you can see when the apparent turning points happen in parallel on different timeframes. Seems amazing to me.....

Paul.

stav01:
Simon - what is the 3 Level ZZ Semafor2, and how does it differ from the original?

Also, did you know FXBS has made a MTF version of Semafor, so that you can see when the apparent turning points happen in parallel on different timeframes. Seems amazing to me.....

Paul.

The calcs are the same but I needed to see the difference between the RSI Cross and the Semafor, so I changed the symbol to a star - that's all. I'm an architect not a coder, so I need them to work and (lol) look good.....

Could you post the MTF version please. Thanks.

Mukesh - I'm sorry I can't help you - my programing skills are reserved for seriously messing up any code I touch. Maybe you can contact the coder - I found it on another forum but I believe his name is posted in the upper left corner.