Lucky1.1 - page 21

Unfortunately, this EA is "SPIKE" trading. Which no broker even an ECN will accept. As its due to a price averaging error in the feed or some rubbish. These errors dont occur in pure feed. They only appear in dealing desk manipulated feed.

It works forward testing, best results being on e/chf, and some alright results on e/u but not worth it.

Having a live account spare, I had it on live for a bit accompanying the EA i use for my live trading, with 0.1 lot size. IT made a few bucks.... But my IB told me the broker will deleted the orders if they catch me or something.

The simple issue being that it sometimes closes orders at the same time as it opens, and broker restrictions are 5 second open time.

There isn't a profitable way to edit this EA to last the 5 second open time. So its just one of those things that brokers will all hate.

I was playing with Lucky and made modifikation about trend filter (used NonLagMAv7.1) and seems bit more safe, but will see on forward EURGBP on 1 or 5 min TF.

Files:

'marko I was playing with Lucky and made modifikation about trend filter (used NonLagMAv7.1) and seems bit more safe, but will see on forward EURGBP on 1 or 5 min TF.

Can you post the NonLag indicator please.

Thanks

matrixebiz:
Can you post the NonLag indicator please. Thanks

here is the nonlagv7.1, sorry.

Files:

Thank you .......

@Cico707 and Salah,

You say you test with H1 (Cico) and H4 (Saleh).....

Those test might be legitimate IF you're testing with settings that are appropriate for those timeframes. Let me elaborate.

If you are scalping (down to the M1,) then your "gap distance" (I forget what the variable name is) might be 2 or 3, and your take profit 1 or 2.

BUT.... if you run those same scalping settings on H4 or H1, the MT4 backtester will do exactly what I described: It will go to the M1 database (where you get 90% modeling quality) and use the M1 data set. It doesn't matter that you are testing on H1 or H4.

The bottom line is, if your take profit is very small (1 or 2 or 3) and your "gap distance" is also very small, your backtests are meaningless. Those are the facts.

Not really sure but Im thinking Takiii is right. I looked at the trades in journal and lots of them are being closed the second they are opened. Its really too bad because I found this EA really profitable on demo. Far into too good to be true category as a matter of fact.

However, i also noticed that lots of trades don't get closed and are floating for sometimes alot more than few mins. They get closed in profit almost always down the road. Im a total nub when it comes to EAs and coding, but the way my inexperienced mind sees it is that even if immediate close fails right iff the bat, the EA still picked direction that is very likely to close in profit anyways. Not sure if the trading times 18-7 gtm have something to do with it. Even with 6 positions open floating draw down is quite low most of the time.

Im not sure why do the longer positions get closed in profit anyways but maybe however the direction of the trade is determined, it can be somehow modified to be usable on live account without closing the trade immediately.

Sry if what im saying is somewhat confusing but I myself am pretty confused about this whole thing. Im also kinda sad about Takiii's findings.

BTW does any1 know if any broker will accept this kind of EA despite what Takiii said?

Im running it on E/C and E/G pairs only, 15 min, 5% risk, version 1.3.

Lets see if i can get this attachment figured out, its quite a challenge by computer noob like my slef lol

Edit: success!!! Btw this EA will be no good on this broker because despite having good reputation for feeds, data and execution supposedlty ECN quality, it has very unfriendly scalping rules, 5 mins minimun or 7 pips.

Files:

There are a few ECNS around that would allow it.

However their feed is too clean to get many positions. You might get the odd one. And they don't have to guarentee you a fill. Which means that even if you get a signal, if the ECN doesnt want you trading that particular trade, you simply wont get filled.. and it will be a no trade.

Its one of those EA's designed to manipulate brokers feeds. Brokers unfortunately know about them. Thus they make rules to avoid people doing it. It has something to do with price averaging systems via brokers dealing desks. Which is injected into the feed.

If you were trading lucky on REAL 100% market data, you would be a millionaire in about 3 days, because the market is always spiking. However your market provider will never let you fill that kind of order (or will up the spread to around 20 on e/u). Its all about whos in charge. Either way, on an ECN the comission would rip you to shreads as well.. Need more pips to cover the cost.

why reach TP=2 not closing??????????????????/

'marko I was playing with Lucky and made modifikation about trend filter (used NonLagMAv7.1) and seems bit more safe, but will see on forward EURGBP on 1 or 5 min TF.

which the configurations?