Buy Sell Strategy for GBP JPY - page 7

Sorry...

What is "Virtual"?

Stig:
Sorry... What is "Virtual"?

The profits shown aren't real :D:D

btw, the modelling quality on the backtest a few posts back is only 40+% - worthless!

Hello this is a poorly designed EA. I am not saying the strategy is bad (although time will tell) but here is what the problem is:

You are paying 2X more spread than you should.

Instead of opening 2 lots in the beginning, open a buystop and sellstop at the SL of each trade.

The 2nd entry in the cycle is unnecessary as those lots could be added to the original buystop/sellstop.

Regards.

lepiricus:
Yes, looking at the trading championship page it looks like 22:00gmt a buy and sell are both opened.

For example say you start a trade today at 22:00 gmt, you open a buy and sell at 231.00

Your buy TP is 234.30, sl is 229

Your sell TP is 227.70, sl is 233

It will force your stop to hit on one of them before the TP can be reached on the other. If your stop is hit on the buy (for example) then it immediately opens another sell at that price with the same SL and TP as your 1st sell, that being 227.70 TP and 233 SL. As soon as both those sells hit TP or SL then it resets to open another trade at 22:00gmt.

A guy wouldn't even need an EA for this, it would be a super easy manual system. At least, thats what I can figure out from the account history.

tdion:
Hello this is a poorly designed EA. I am not saying the strategy is bad (although time will tell) but here is what the problem is:

Instead of opening 2 lots in the beginning, open a buystop and sellstop at the SL of each trade.

The 2nd entry in the cycle is unnecessary as those lots could be added to the original buystop/sellstop.

Regards.

Clever! I really like your idea!

So, we just set buy stop and sell stop 220 pips from price on GMT + 22 (from original rule), right?

Ayo pak Primajaya, EA nya tolong dimodif dong?

Anyone can modify this EA to do so?

demam_emas:
Clever! I really like your idea!

So, we just set buy stop and sell stop 220 pips from price on GMT + 22 (from original rule), right?

Ayo pak Primajaya, EA nya tolong dimodif dong?

Anyone can modify this EA to do so?

EA nya yang stop order ada di halaman pertama.

Pending Orders Version on the first page,

Files:
ftw_v2.jpg  52 kb

Thanks! Really Fast.... menuju TKP

tdion:

Regards.

I think you should read from the beginning,

I made this EA according to waddah attar strategy on ATC 2007,

and the strategy is open buy and sell at the same time, not open pending orders buy stop and sell stop at the same time..

I also think about pending orders idea, like duyduy said it before you..

but when I saw Dmicr virtual orders idea, that's smart!, although I'm not sure will be better than we make pending orders buystop and sellstop at the same time..

Pj..

Stig:
Sorry... What is "Virtual"?

Just test the FTW_virtual and you'll know

its bad result on 2006

but very good result on 2007.

are u agree? EURUSD

can u improve it?

i thing try 4X if it hit stop lose.

first time hit stop lose. open other open position

second time hit stop lose. 2X open position

3nd time hit stop lose. 3X open position

4th time hit stop lose. 4X open position.

omelette:
According to the Metatrader Backtester, I should be sunning myself on the beach, rather than scalping futures - the harsh reality is that this is not profitable!

So until Metatrader backtest results start to mirror real trading, I remain adamant that all it's good for is checking EA functionality...

PS - in case of any misunderstanding, this equity curve is from one of my (unprofitable) creations...

if you don't mind could you please share your "Unprofitable" system.

Thank you.